Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I don't think that wrecks them, and GGG are usually pretty good about not nerfing things mid-league unless they are... silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
It’s not really mid-league, though, is it? We’re 10 days in

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

pork never goes bad posted:

I don't think that wrecks them, and GGG are usually pretty good about not nerfing things mid-league unless they are... silly.

Some VD builds will probably still be viable, mine was just barely dealing with Abysses in red maps with a +3 helm, there's no way I'll be able to consistently clear them after the nerf bug fix.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

CommunityEdition posted:

It’s not really mid-league, though, is it? We’re 10 days in

you're right, this is almost late league

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

ubachung posted:

I tried oro's and terminus flicker last league as both slayer and raider, this time I started with an oro's flicker champion and it's my favourite flicker build so far. Maybe my favourite build I've tried full stop. It clears super fast and has handled most bosses easily, and the biggest threat seems to be desynch.

To be fair though I've been unusually lucky with drops, almost every unique I've found has been useful to my build or worth quite a bit to sell.

Why Champion? I'm interested in giving flicker a try after not being too happy with my scratch-built molten strike raider so I'm looking for ideas.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Eminai posted:

Some VD builds will probably still be viable, mine was just barely dealing with Abysses in red maps with a +3 helm, there's no way I'll be able to consistently clear them after the nerf bug fix.

There's plenty of VD builds that can happily clear abysses in red maps with no enchant. I suppose I'm saying to make a more optimized build!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Granted I didn't get up to reds yet, but my inquisitor vd mans was obliterating most content without effort in high yellows. No enchant.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

quote:

Rarity: Rare
Soul Clutches
Wyrmscale Gauntlets
Armour: 151 (augmented)
Evasion Rating: 151 (augmented)
Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 18 Faster Casting
11% increased Cast Speed
+86 to maximum Life
+39% to Cold Resistance
+39% to Lightning Resistance
72% increased Armour and Evasion (crafted)

Any advice on pricing these? It looks like there's one with 100 life for 50c, and one or two with similar stats for 100+c

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Iv been doing cyclone/,molten strike. I feel like alot of bosses kill me when I stand still to spam molten strike on them, I get stuck in the multistrike animation and can't escape their one shot mechanics.

I'm starting to wonder if I should just free up two jewel slots removing the wildfire jewels and sell my +3projectile devotos.

I could pick up a ton of extra life doing that. But I'd lose a ton of single target DPS on bosses that let me sit still for longer than 1s

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

There's plenty of VD builds that can happily clear abysses in red maps with no enchant. I suppose I'm saying to make a more optimized build!

So basically you're saying that my build got wrecked mid-league. Wonder where I've heard that before :thunk:

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

LeninVS posted:

Iv been doing cyclone/,molten strike. I feel like alot of bosses kill me when I stand still to spam molten strike on them, I get stuck in the multistrike animation and can't escape their one shot mechanics.

I'm starting to wonder if I should just free up two jewel slots removing the wildfire jewels and sell my +3projectile devotos.

I could pick up a ton of extra life doing that. But I'd lose a ton of single target DPS on bosses that let me sit still for longer than 1s

Don't use multistrike on bosses that require you to not be rooted in one spot while you vomit balls on things.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Eminai posted:

So basically you're saying that my build got wrecked mid-league. Wonder where I've heard that before :thunk:

no he's saying you built it incorrectly, there are tons of people running vd just fine without the helm enchant

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Eminai posted:

Nah what we're saying is your build is poo poo, make a better version of it.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Your original words were "wrecks VD builds" - just because it wrecked your bad one, doesn't mean it wrecked VD builds. Grumpiness aside, wanna post a character link and some folks here (maybe even me!) can help you optimize/recover?

Signed,
pork never goes bad, effort-poster

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

NachtSieger posted:

Don't use multistrike on bosses that require you to not be rooted in one spot while you vomit balls on things.

This is one of those things that is so obvious. I'm not sure how I didn't even think of this. Yet last leauge when I played a sunder build I removed multistrike all the time.

I think I was just too focused on vomiting the max amount of balls per second

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

BPS is the new DPS :justpost:

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

:orb:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006

RPZip posted:

Why Champion? I'm interested in giving flicker a try after not being too happy with my scratch-built molten strike raider so I'm looking for ideas.

Mostly because I wanted to try something a bit different, and the changes to slayer and vaal pact closed the gap between the duellist ascendancies a bit. Slayer is good too, but champion isn't far behind in damage and is probably more durable. Permanent fortify is nice to have, and helps mitigate the increased damage taken from oro's. You get cull from oro's so slayer cull is not really needed. A splash support gem also hits harder than slayer's splash. I was originally thinking of using perseverance for permanent onslaught but the abyss belts are probably too good to pass up.

One important part of the build is using soul of arakaali with the arachnoxia upgrade. You then run a level 1 cast when damage taken-> 7 blood rage -> 3 immortal call. Every time your CWDT goes off the blood rage degen is immediately stopped by IC, which triggers the arachnoxia effect on your leech. This lets you delay or avoid taking vaal pact.

This guy beat shaper with an oro's flicker champion last league so the concept seems viable for endgame. I didn't really follow his build though, just built my own in PoB and went from there. On that note, if anyone would mind having a look at my build and offering some suggestions I'd appreciate it: https://pastebin.com/hbHEBcds.

I've built around blind, evasion and dodge, and I'm wondering if it's worth trying to get some % physical mitigation since armour isn't too useful to me.

Edit: updated PoB link since my amulet was missing

ubachung fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Dec 19, 2017

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

LeninVS posted:

This is one of those things that is so obvious. I'm not sure how I didn't even think of this. Yet last leauge when I played a sunder build I removed multistrike all the time.

I think I was just too focused on vomiting the max amount of balls per second

FWIW I kinda hate gem swapping because it's terribly annoying to do.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

Your original words were "wrecks VD builds" - just because it wrecked your bad one, doesn't mean it wrecked VD builds. Grumpiness aside, wanna post a character link and some folks here (maybe even me!) can help you optimize/recover?

Signed,
pork never goes bad, effort-poster

Yeah that would be great. Here's the pastebin https://pastebin.com/J7BFJXrA

I'm pretty sure I can retain reasonable clearspeed with only four balls per cast if I drop conc. effect for increased AoE, so you just need to find a way to get 50% more damage out of that tree and gear without sacrificing any evasion (because I'm just barely at the QotF cap with flasks up) or life. Should be easy, yeah?

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
speaking of arachnoxia soul, i heard it has some interaction with RF, but you never really stop taking RF damage, so is there actually anything interesting between arachnoxia and RF?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I think you mean Arakaali? In which case I think it's primarily used just for the 5% less DoT damage on the base soul rather than the upgrade that increases recovery after stopping taking DoT damage.

Dream Attack
Feb 12, 2008

nothing in this world

Zo posted:

speaking of arachnoxia soul, i heard it has some interaction with RF, but you never really stop taking RF damage, so is there actually anything interesting between arachnoxia and RF?

I used Arachnoxia along with a ruby flask+divination distillate+sulfur flask last league for easy 100% fire resist and consecrated ground with an RF Inquisitor.

Fastened Portal Bart
Dec 16, 2004
Tally ho!
Starting to break into red maps with my guy but my mitigation feels like crap. Not really following a build guide, just ended up going for a 2h sunder/bleed build with Haemophilia and I seem to melt things pretty fast. Only problem is if I'm not super careful I die a ton. Did one t13 (ghetto) and the boss there pretty much 1shots me. I managed to kill him just by kiting around and letting anc totem do all the work but I still died a bunch. Feels like I'll never be able to reach 90 let alone push past it with the XP loss. Resists are all capped.

Here's my profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/devteam/characters it's the zerker.

Relevant stats:
4450 life
4600 armor
2450 evasion
2.4% leech with blood rage

Just not sure what I should be doing to increase survivability. Arctic armor or maybe swap vuln for enfeeble? More leech? More life (probably)? Armor or evasion? Micromanage flasks more? just play better?

My jewels suck, that's probably the next thing I'm going to upgrade. Also I get the feeling this build would work better as a glad duelist but I'd like to see how far I can push this guy first. Up to 150 hours played and starting to get the hang of it but still feeling noobish.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

that is really low life

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Fastened Portal Bart posted:

Starting to break into red maps with my guy but my mitigation feels like crap. Not really following a build guide, just ended up going for a 2h sunder/bleed build with Haemophilia and I seem to melt things pretty fast. Only problem is if I'm not super careful I die a ton. Did one t13 (ghetto) and the boss there pretty much 1shots me. I managed to kill him just by kiting around and letting anc totem do all the work but I still died a bunch. Feels like I'll never be able to reach 90 let alone push past it with the XP loss. Resists are all capped.

Here's my profile: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/devteam/characters it's the zerker.

Relevant stats:
4450 life
4600 armor
2450 evasion
2.4% leech with blood rage

Just not sure what I should be doing to increase survivability. Arctic armor or maybe swap vuln for enfeeble? More leech? More life (probably)? Armor or evasion? Micromanage flasks more? just play better?

My jewels suck, that's probably the next thing I'm going to upgrade. Also I get the feeling this build would work better as a glad duelist but I'd like to see how far I can push this guy first. Up to 150 hours played and starting to get the hang of it but still feeling noobish.

look at a build guide instead

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Jeez the elder guardian music is good

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Eminai posted:

I'm pretty sure I can retain reasonable clearspeed with only four balls per cast if I drop conc. effect for increased AoE, so you just need to find a way to get 50% more damage out of that tree and gear without sacrificing any evasion (because I'm just barely at the QotF cap with flasks up) or life. Should be easy, yeah?

if it works w/ triggered skills try spell cascade over conc effect maybe? you get half the damage per orb but can potentially spawn 9 per attack if it lines up properly (altho you might also need to swap unearth for desecrate, ime it won't cascade properly if you're perpendicular to your unearth line)

i think almost everyone here assumed you were playing a caster version, where the helm enchant is significantly less important since you're regularly running out of corpses w/ echo + cascade anyway

Fastened Portal Bart
Dec 16, 2004
Tally ho!

Zo posted:

look at a build guide instead

no

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Man, Frost Blades/Molten Strike is fun. I'm into Act 5 and only finally started feeling like I was weakening a bit; looked at my weapons, and realized I hadn't upgraded them since a level 8 claw and maybe a 12 or so sword...

Picked up a pair of Ornament of the East claws for cheap and my sheet DPS on Frost Blades went from 871 to 1986 and I went right back to destroying everything.

Elerion
May 31, 2011

Eminai posted:

So your complaint is that you might not be able to steamroll red maps without sacrificing QOTF cap movement speed?

I can’t find the sad violin smilie code so here’s a banjo. :banjo:

ZyrKx
Dec 10, 2006

Licorice Whip!

Eminai posted:

Your build is really bad, but lack of damage isn't the problem.

You only have 139% increased life, which leads to 3.9k hp. You're using a single point in MoM while reserving 75% of your mana so it gives you a 350 mana buffer. Also, using clear mind jewel which doesn't work with reserved mana.

Kosh Naranek
Mar 8, 2008

Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and a pair of ruby slippers.
Anyone have any good suggestions for a fast map clearer which can also do endgame? I am considering https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2032624 with some tweaks from the Mathil version.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Someone link me a good Nghamu guide and/or character to build off of, please. I've never done one before.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Kosh Naranek posted:

Anyone have any good suggestions for a fast map clearer which can also do endgame? I am considering https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2032624 with some tweaks from the Mathil version.

I've been running this variant of solar guard spectres.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_8wYGyhbNI
Main differences is I'm using a shaped necklace for spellblock % that's just 10-15% lower then a lahzwar.

Rampage is great to have in a build for speedclearing, hitting that magical number of 520 kills and having anything you walk into cause a chain reaction explosive for 5 seconds is great.

Pros: your speedy with permanent rampage and onslaught and you are defensive, your minions can kill any boss in a few seconds, can clear everything by just convocationing your minions to you or shield charging around to make them teleport to you, able to run any map mod so save money rerolling and buying any awful corruption, ele reflect just means I have to spam minion healing potions on packs just to keep the spectres topped off just in case, it's also pretty cheap at this point in the league to get the uniques.

Cons: abusing shaper's physical added as extra damage weapons and amulets as a stickstat melee build or a wander/prism with tons of added damage jewels probably a little faster clearing and boss killing at the cost of defense and expensive items, trying to kill anything with a proximity shield that runs away from you is frustrating waiting for convocation cooldowns and hoping they get a hit in.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Dec 19, 2017

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Vasudus posted:

Someone link me a good Nghamu guide and/or character to build off of, please. I've never done one before.

It's my first time playing Ngamahu but I've built different cycloners in every league except one since Warband so I'm not exactly new to this. Here's my traditional Slayer Ngama PoB pastebin, some people I hear are building a CoMK Cremate variant or something. You can obviously build this as a Berserker with a few passive swaps if you're so inclined.

https://pastebin.com/4gp6BHcN

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
For AHC GC mines Saboteur, would people recommend the Scion life wheel or going over to Devotion in Templar? Can't squeeze the points for both.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I'm doing Scion slayer/raider ngamahu based on this tree (no xophs version):

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1960309

It's fun and goes reasonably quickly, haven't found too many red maps but it has demolished all the content I've run into so far on ssf. Using tombfist gloves for the sweet intimidate bonus damage, I'd run lightpoacher too just because it's fun but I need the sockets/stats on a rare helm.

Also I haven't felt a strong need for Vaal Pact yet. Maybe that will change at guardians/shaper but keeping regen is nice QoL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerox
May 20, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpTPm1R4_AM