Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclaren-wont-have-title-sponsor-in-2018-brown-989635/

Zak Dennis repeating 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

This is literally the opposite of what he said previously lol

Are you even trying

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

This is literally the opposite of what he said previously lol

Are you even trying

He's saying exactly what Ron did and Ron was retarded.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

He's saying exactly what Ron did and Ron was retarded.

Ron was right. Title sponsors aren’t worth it anymore.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

track day bro! posted:

british people who consist of a diet of boiled prancing horse meat pies.

Fixed that for you

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

Ya free cash sucks rear end.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Ya free cash sucks rear end.

They don’t pay poo poo lol

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I want to bang Lord March's adopted black sister. That very much seems like my path in life.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

wicka posted:

Are you even trying

Do any of us really try? Do we? 13 years posting in these threads and I've yet to see evidence of it

God, I'm old

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

CratSock posted:

Much like resident Ferrari fans Gonzo and Track day, who feature a relatively low meltdown temperature.

Ohhhh, that's gooood. :discourse:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wow bad team.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I can’t wait until McLaren start giving free money to other teams because they signed too many sponsors

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ferrari leaving and Liberty taking a massive bath on their investment would be really funny so I sort of hope it happens

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I work with a guy who actually argues IRL the way we argue itt and it is a sight to behold.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

wicka posted:

I work with a guy who actually argues IRL the way we argue itt and it is a sight to behold.

Lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

When's the last time they won a race? Not surprising multinational corporations want nothing to do with this awful team. The Dennis Stink is still strong on it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

McLaren is a bad team

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

Buy him an account for Christmas.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

McLaren is a bad team

Probably the worst.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Theophany posted:

Buy him an account for Christmas.

No thanks, I have to deal with him enough as it is.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

McLaren is a bad team

Mods?!?!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

wicka posted:

Sounds like you do great work down at the mirror factory haha.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

wicka posted:

Title sponsorship doesn't exist any more as a concept. Do we have room for bigger brands on our cars? Yes we do. But the reality is that we put ourselves in a position where the technology side of our business is providing different dynamics [of revenue].

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Synergy

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

track day bro! posted:

lol

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Dubs posted:

Title sponsorship doesn't exist any more as a concept. Do we have room for bigger brands on our cars? Yes we do. But the reality is that we put ourselves in a position where the technology side of our business is providing different dynamics [of revenue].

I love the synergy of forcing my staff to all stay at a Hilton at every race even if it's farther out of the way and a massive inconvenience just because they're a brand partner

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

I love the synergy of forcing my staff to all stay at a Hilton at every race even if it's farther out of the way and a massive inconvenience just because they're a brand partner

Well I mean they're always so far from the podium that there's some synergy in also being a long way from the track, so there's that I guess.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
you're completely ingoring the position where the technology side of our business is providing different hotel dynamics

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

Well I mean they're always so far from the podium that there's some synergy in also being a long way from the track, so there's that I guess.

Explain the Chandon sponsorship then.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

track day bro! posted:

Can this be the thread title please

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Every British based team is a blight to Formula 1, we should ban all British involvement in F1 and strip every fraudulent British driver of their championships.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

What was the downside to having a title sponsor again? Too much commitment to corporate marketing events? I really can't remember. If Gillette or Vodafone or Marlboro uh, Pepsi want to put their name all big on your car and give you money... do it, right?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I would unironically pay a lot of money to watch the clownshow that would be f1 without British involvement.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

Explain the Chandon sponsorship then.

It's sparkling wine, not champagne, which is even more lolworthy as a sponsorship synergy.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

CratSock posted:

What was the downside to having a title sponsor again? Too much commitment to corporate marketing events? I really can't remember. If Gillette or Vodafone or Marlboro uh, Pepsi want to put their name all big on your car and give you money... do it, right?

There is none, Wicka is just being a twat.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

Thread title.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

It's sparkling wine, not champagne, which is even more lolworthy as a sponsorship synergy.

loving lol that is some amazing brand synergy.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CratSock posted:

They don’t want to. Vodafone paid like a third of McLaren’s budget, no one pays that much anymore. You’d be taking a sponsor who pays the same amount as your regular sponsors and then giving them a bonus. It doesn’t make sense.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Lol you loving ignorant poo poo, it’s the “Zak Brown sucks” meme rearing it’s ugly head. You have no clue what you’re talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Zak Brown is cool cuz he lets Fernando race in other series where he at least has a chance to win.

• Locked thread