Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dave must be supremely confident his family never listens to or hears about the content of WOR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Came here to post about Dave burying his family's bad taste in vacations. :lol:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Haha yeah, he loving threw them under the bus :laffo:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Was Gallows and Anderson's two podcast with Austin worth listening to or repeat material?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I’ve really liked Bryan losing his mind over the last couple of months with the Blue Blazer angle

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/941690010448945152

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MassRafTer posted:

Dave must be supremely confident his family never listens to or hears about the content of WOR.

He, like all the greats in radio, know you gotta do your show like your loved-ones aren't listening.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

rovert posted:

Was Gallows and Anderson's two podcast with Austin worth listening to or repeat material?

No scoops on either

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

Bryan fantasy booked The Iconic Duo as a lesbian team. Surprisingly, he didn’t say anything overly offensive.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

was that not already the gimmick?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
They're not called the platonic duo for a reason.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

rovert posted:

Both. They unsurprisingly have good chemistry with Austin so it's a fun listen even if you don't learn anything new about them.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
G: "Like, I'll say, 'what's a duplex?'"

B: "Okay, and then I'll answer, 'It's like a house.'"

G: "HUH?"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

rovert posted:

I've still only listened to the first one, but even if the second one is just more of the same, they have great chemistry and just seemed to have a blast telling each other stories about their lives. It's a real fun listen.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

mkay0 posted:

Bryan fantasy booked The Iconic Duo as a lesbian team. Surprisingly, he didn’t say anything overly offensive.

B&V (and also Dave, can't fully account for Craig) are not exactly "woke," but they generally know what not to say when it comes to this kind of stuff, probably because a big part of their job is reporting on it when wrestling orgs fail in similar regards.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Karmine posted:

B&V (and also Dave, can't fully account for Craig) are not exactly "woke," but they generally know what not to say when it comes to this kind of stuff, probably because a big part of their job is reporting on it when wrestling orgs fail in similar regards.

darkcoloredcreeps dot com

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hoping the XFL does come back so Dave can break down games and give star ratings and also rant about Vince being insane like he did tonight

Edit: Oh god Dave said Tim Tebow and now I want Dave to review Tim Tebow games and give them star ratings

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Hoping the XFL does come back so Dave can break down games and give star ratings and also rant about Vince being insane like he did tonight

Edit: Oh god Dave said Tim Tebow and now I want Dave to review Tim Tebow games and give them star ratings

Better yet, make Bryan watch them and break down the intricacies of a worked handoff

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The XFL discussion was actually really interesting.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Also, worked handoffs

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MassRafTer posted:

Agreed.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

For sure. Days like today are why I haven’t given up yet.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Seriously, the fuel that keeps the Dave Meltzer robot running is a heady mixture of Vince insanity and lust for Japan, and neither shows any signs of running out.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Seriously, the fuel that keeps the Dave Meltzer robot running is a heady mixture of Vince insanity and lust for Japan, and neither shows any signs of running out.
I'm glad he has something to keep him happy during his stupid family's awful vacation.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
listening to the newest prichard show and it's hilarious to me that 'silent rage' has been floating around as a gimmick since edge's debut

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I'm glad he has something to keep him happy during his stupid family's awful vacation.
[/quote

[quote="UltimoDragonQuest" post="479411202"]

I want to know what Dave's ideal family vacation is

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Tokyo dome

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

mkay0 posted:

Some pretty famous people in mma have that same name, and it’s pronounced Hoyce.

I remember when Bryan was discussing a new MMA contender ranking system thought up by a Brazilian fighter and he called it a hanking system.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Can confirm Filthy is still bad

Funkchop
Jun 9, 2013
Bryan: Well Tom.... what did ya think of this match?

[LIKE 10 SECONDS OF DEAD AIR]

Tom: ...what more is there to say, really?

I kinda like Filthy, but this exchange does drive me nuts everytime it happens

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'm pretty sure I've heard the story about Tom Zenk introducing Pillman to Dave and Pillman acting like he didn't know him but it's still a great story. Really sad about Zenk. I got into his work with Pillman and loved him crazy Observer Live appearances. Him vanishing was one of the weird mysteries, especially in an era where wild stories would make you extra money in shoots or podcasts. The legal letters cleared that mystery up a bit.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Yeah I was ready to email them asking about Being Silenced that Meltzer always referred to but he just explained it all. Zenk was so great on the old eyada shows.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Hard to tell if it's just John and Wai or the whole LAW crew, but it looks like they have a plan to unveil on their christmas eve show.

https://twitter.com/wai0937/status/942873029851324416

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Another good day of Dave dating chat. This time remembering how often he's forgotten to talk to a woman for 7 days and had a conversation with one interrupted by dorks.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Bryan going nuts on Twitter about this weeks Nitro. Should be a good one!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

dsriggs posted:

Bryan going nuts on Twitter about this weeks Nitro. Should be a good one!

Every week they go,"We've seen it, we KNOW that Nitro gets worse... and yet we still can't believe it could possibly get any worse" and every week I find it hilarious.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Edit: Nevermind.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God I'm watching that Nitro and Steiner and Bagwell trying to set fire to the Cardinals gear... :lol:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Oh my God I'm watching that Nitro and Steiner and Bagwell trying to set fire to the Cardinals gear... :lol:

In hindsight, I'm kind of surprised WCW or TNA never had a situation like the one that happened in ECW where someone got injured by fire/incompetence/lack of planning in such a way that they got sued. I'm actually REALLY surprised TNA has never been sued by fans at all (that I know of).

Although TNA had their roof catch fire once, I think.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Dec 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Although TNA had their roof catch fire once, I think.

I vaguely recall around 2005 there being a fire or something that forced the Impact Zone to be evacuated during a PPV, and one of the heels had the presence of mind to run up to an interviewer and insist there was no truth to the rumor that they set the fire to get out of their match.