Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Move over bloodsuckers, best skelingtons here to kick sand in everyone's eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I have a giant boner right now.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
This... this is good. I want this.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
THEY CAN CRAFT ITEMS

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Yo, the voice acting for the TK in that trailer is legit.

Also glad that both Warsphinxes are in, same with both snakey units. Guessing they'll have their full roster from TT, just about.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
i am clapping and giggling with excitement after watching that

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Oh my god they look so good.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

re: how are tomb kings different than vampire counts

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Night10194 posted:

Oh my god they look so good.

Yeah, the model work is outstanding

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
So looking at the trailer/blogpost/glamour shots we've got as the TK roster:

Setra (foot, chariot and Warsphinx)
Khalida
Khatep
Arkhan

Liche Priest heroes

Skelington Warriors (Sword/board, spear/shield)
Skelington Archers
Tomb Guard (Halberds, Sword/board)
Chariots
Necropolis Knights
Stalkers
Tomb Scorpions
Warsphinx
Necrosphinx
Ushbati (Twin swords, great weapons)
Carrion
Heirotitan
Casket of Souls?

Like goddamn that's almost their entire TT roster.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Surprised at Heirotitan since I don't think they ever got an official TT model. And yeah, it sure looked like that Shade was opening a Casket of Souls before the attack.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Mordja posted:

Surprised at Heirotitan since I don't think they ever got an official TT model. And yeah, it sure looked like that Shade was opening a Casket of Souls before the attack.

Nope, people were told to convert one out of the Bone Giant and wait for GW to finish a Heirotitan model for the next TK release.

Then they got squatted and my Necrosphinx will be forever on his lonesome.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Also Khalida right off the bat.

She is gonna be so angry. Angry about VAMPIRES.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

This looks like it has the potential to be my favorite faction in the game, so I might end up buying it ASAP even though I was salty about Norsca.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
IMO they might as well delete VC from the game, because the real Undead have arrived.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mordja posted:

IMO they might as well delete VC from the game, because the real Undead have arrived.

I mean this is one of the things the Tomb Kings unlive for so they're gonna try.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Mordja posted:

now lets not lose our minds here

isabella von carstein is my one true waifu

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Dongattack posted:

now lets not lose our minds here

isabella von carstein is my one true waifu

Are you Vlad

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Night10194 posted:

Are you Vlad

no, so keep your voice down :stonk:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Dongattack posted:

no, so keep your voice down :stonk:
:rip:

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Wonder what's going on with Lahmia then since it's a 10 slot city. I wonder if it'll still start controlled by vampires.

If I had to speculate, in order of increasing campaign difficulty: Settra, Khalida, Khatep, Arkhan.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
The steam page is actually up now, more info there.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
Store page is up: http://store.steampowered.com/app/617870/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II__Rise_of_the_Tomb_Kings/

It shows us some more things!

Khalida!

Catapults!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Yesssssssss.

Hypes outta control here.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Goddamn their model work... stunning

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Calling it, FLC is gonna be Neferata and a playable Lamia faction. Would be nice to play VC without the massive advantage a fully conquered Sylvania gives you.

Wonder if they'd go for OG Neferata or AoS Neferata.

Don't think I like that paint on Khalida's mask, the plain gold mask is a much creepier look.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Mordja posted:

This guy gets it!

Helion
Apr 28, 2008
That last shot....

Where's ur murder God now, Druchi?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Casket of Souls confirmed, though you have to complete a ritual to get it. Four rites in total:

quote:

Great Incantation of Ptra
Invoking the sun god summons Ptra’s Necrotect, a unique Hero character capable of colonising ruins at city level 3.

Great Incantation of Khsar
Invoking the god of the desert wind generates sandstorms across all player-owned regions. This causes attrition to foreign armies, increases your ambush success chance and confers the army ability Sand Veil (enables a unit to become Hidden and gain Stalk in battle, making them invisible to the enemy until they draw very close).

Great Incantation of Geheb
Invoking the god of strength increases Canopic Jar generation and province growth, reduces construction time, and confers the army ability Tombswarm (a swirling swarm of Scarabs which damages the target and moves in the same manner as a vortex spell).

Great Incantation of Tahoth
Invoking the god of scholars adds a Casket of Souls magical artillery unit to the recruitment pool. It also confers a rank bonus to newly recruited Tomb Kings and unit recruits, and increases recruitment capacity factionwide.

E:

Helion posted:

That last shot....

Where's ur murder God now, Druchi?
Haha, I had been thinking that the Titan looks a lot like a 40K Avatar of Khaine.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Tomb Kings are absolutely one of the coolest ideas in Hams' setting.

Free-willed regal undead who aren't necessarily bad guys at all and just want you off their (incredibly well-built) lawn rule

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
As Nehekharan warriors fall in battle, their essences flow to the realm of souls. As certain thresholds are reached, mass-healing and resurrection waves are triggered, reinvigorating the Tomb Kings’ armies.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I imagine they'll recycle a bit of the dino animation for the TK monstrous units. Not complaining, just makes sense considering how fast they're getting this out.

Would really love to see Prince Apophas as a hero unit down the road. Mechanically he could work kinda like the green knight, but he only lasts so long as it takes to kill x number of lords/heroes so he can gather their souls. But if I can be honest a sentient swarm of scarab beetles with a knife is what I'm excited for.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Aurubin posted:

I imagine they'll recycle a bit of the dino animation for the TK monstrous units. Not complaining, just makes sense considering how fast they're getting this out.

Would really love to see Prince Apophas as a hero unit down the road. Mechanically he could work kinda like the green knight, but he only lasts so long as it takes to kill x number of lords/heroes so he can gather their souls. But if I can be honest a sentient swarm of scarab beetles with a knife is what I'm excited for.

Looking at the trailer, they look like all new rigs and animations.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Third World Reggin posted:

As Nehekharan warriors fall in battle, their essences flow to the realm of souls. As certain thresholds are reached, mass-healing and resurrection waves are triggered, reinvigorating the Tomb Kings’ armies.

Inb4 the secret 4th threshold, when your entire army switches to Nagash's side.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

SteelMentor posted:

So looking at the trailer/blogpost/glamour shots we've got as the TK roster:

Setra (foot, chariot and Warsphinx)
Khalida
Khatep
Arkhan

Liche Priest heroes

Skelington Warriors (Sword/board, spear/shield)
Skelington Archers
Tomb Guard (Halberds, Sword/board)
Chariots
Necropolis Knights
Stalkers
Tomb Scorpions
Warsphinx
Necrosphinx
Ushbati (Twin swords, great weapons)
Carrion
Heirotitan
Casket of Souls?

Like goddamn that's almost their entire TT roster.

In addition to being on foot, Khalida is also seen riding one of those animated snake statues in one of the shots on the steam page.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Aurubin posted:

quote:

New Lord: Tomb King
Tomb Kings are the principle Lords which lead the armies of Nehekhara. A number will appear as standard in the recruitment pool, but unique, named Tomb Kings – famous rulers from the six dynasties of Nehekharan history – may be resurrected via the Dynasties panel, at which point they enter your Lords recruitment pool. Tomb kings may unlock the Skeletal Steed, Skeleton Chariot, and Khemrian Warsphinx as mounts.

You may just get your wish!

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Tomb Kings own bones

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
i was not excited.

i am now excited.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am ready for sand necrons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helion
Apr 28, 2008

turn off the TV posted:

re: how are tomb kings different than vampire counts

Uh hey so Skaven, how was this supposed to turn out, in your heads? Like what was the endgame here?