Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
loving lol

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/446461592029630464

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's probably harder to fake the paperwork for tissue samples.

Human remains are transported pretty often though, so no one's going to raise an eye at that vs dude with a cooler full of livers flying to Vegas.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I fly maybe once a year

Not worth it

I straight up would rather drive three days straight than fly four hours

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Still mad that you have to buy two seats?

I hope you laughed at that one, Mel.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I like doing the drive from Philly to my parents' place near Detroit once a year but only on a long weekend or something where I can leave early in the morning and drive all day. Also I drive the whole time because it's nearly impossible for me to sleep on any moving vehicle, and I get motion sickness so no reading or handheld gaming either! :negative:

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
What still astounds me about flying is how many people don't know wtf you're expected to do in a security line, as if the regulations haven't been in place for over a decade. SFO is the god damned worst at this, so many families/people that are just clueless about laptops being in the own bins and all that stuff. For as busy at the airport is, the security is the most inefficient I've dealt with in some time, with Charlotte being the worst I'd experienced before this. They were frisking peoples hair, emptying wallets -- the whole nine yards -- when I flew out of there to get back home after a wedding.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

they change the rules like twice a year though

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The basics of taking out all electronics has changed in forever.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I live in Dallas now and I did the Philly-Dallas drive the first time

Never again

Is the grad student tax in the revised tax bill?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is the grad student tax in the revised tax bill?

no, thank god

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

flying with a laptop has gotten better but it's changed from taking it out and powering it on to putting it in its own tray to leaving it in your backpack in the span of like 3 years. same thing with cell phones, cameras, and shoes. they got me this most recent time by apparently giving me complimentary precheck and waiving me through so fast that i didn't get my wallet or belt out, and they didn't have any trays in that line so im not sure wtf i was expected to do in that situation

Nov 6, 2002

The whole thing is dumb dumb dumb. They would be better off spending 30 seconds asking each group of passengers a few questions and watching closely.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
also the surest way to get extra screening at TSA is taking an early morning flight to cleveland and being grumpy as poo poo because you're going to ohio to go to your grandma's funeral so you sit there and bitch and moan about how slow everything is and about how the entirety of the TSA is incompetent buffoons.

Trust me.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The rules also seem to change depending on the airport and time of year. Last Thanksgiving Dulles was so busy that they just implemented the pre-9/11 TSA rules (belt off and walk through metal detector) and it was awesome

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I've definitely gotten razors through TSA in the past (the double-sided kind for safety razors). Only place that called me on it was Orlando and they also took my shaving soap at the same time because "it's a liquid over 3 oz". Bitch it was solid :argh:

Nov 6, 2002

C-Euro posted:

I've definitely gotten razors through TSA in the past (the double-sided kind for safety razors). Only place that called me on it was Orlando and they also took my shaving soap at the same time because "it's a liquid over 3 oz". Bitch it was solid :argh:

I've also brought multiple opened bottles accidentally through with no one noticing.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Back in the 90's I got a bullet through screening. I used one of my dad's duffel bags for my carry on full of books when I was like 14. Then we get to Hong Kong, I'm going through my pile of wheel of time novels and whoops, there's a loosey 9mm round lying there. Me being paranoid, I rubbed my prints off of it and dropped it in a park a few miles away.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
My favorite airport security experience was flying out of Alice Springs, Australia. As we walked across the tarmac to the plan, some guy came running up to the fence and tossed a poster tube over to someone getting on the plane, shouting that he’d forgotten it in the car. Everyone just shrugged and continued boarding the plane.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

O'Hare regularly seems to say "gently caress it" and let you go through screening with full pockets, belt and shoes on. Of course once you're through you're stuck in the crowded hellhole that is O'Hare so I guess it evens out.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Freaquency posted:

O'Hare regularly seems to say "gently caress it" and let you go through screening with full pockets, belt and shoes on. Of course once you're through you're stuck in the crowded hellhole that is O'Hare so I guess it evens out.

I was stuck at O'Hare after thanksgiving, they kept delaying the flight in 30 minute chunks for like 4 hours

Nov 6, 2002

The logo for the 2018 Chess Championship.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

When you don't have workplace diversity, you miss having that one person in the room during the decision-making process who could've said, "hey, are they scissoring?"

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

That was a diversity hire, they got a $20k tax break for hiring a pervert

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I wish a horrible death upon Paul Ryan.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Hot Diggity! posted:

I wish a horrible death upon Paul Ryan.

https://twitter.com/edatpost/status/943191375469842432

makes u think

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Whoa, what's that? Now that I found out Paul Ryan delivered delicious carne asada skillets to a table I no longer think he is giant piece of poo poo.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Think my leg might be unfucked finally so at least I got that going

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
What are some workplaces phrases you guys are enjoying lately

I’m loving when bosses say “blah blah, and call it a day”

I’m loving the word “cohort”, saying it all the time at work

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Just wanted to touch base

Nov 6, 2002

SHOAH NUFF posted:

"Let's not try to boil the ocean here"

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
"let's take this offline"

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

[on 9/11] like it or not, big day for bin laden

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

there is something I appreciate about the fact that a tax cut is wildly unpopular in polling

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug
'Enterprise grade software.'

If you find yourself uttering that phrase, you will never achieve what you want to.

'Let's take this offline' is the politest way to tell someone to stfu in a meeting and stop wasting everyone's time.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Please stop adding poo poo to my project we’re already over budget.

Oh and my 2nd favorite.

“Who the gently caress uses ms access?”

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

piss tape israel posted:

"let's take this offline"

Please advise.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug
My favorite thing about the republican tax bill is their nod to the fact they're losing the White House in 2020 and maybe one chamber of the lege, so they put a poison pill to gently caress over the non-wealthy in 2027 by expiring all their tax cuts, so they can blame the democrat president and ride another wave of resentment into office. Truly the worst.

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Dec 19, 2017

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I liked this one tho

https://twitter.com/edatpost/status/943222671386476549

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

FizFashizzle posted:

Please advise.

Triggered rn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

FizFashizzle posted:

Please advise.

I like "please advice" better

Regards,

• Locked thread