Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HotSoapyBeard

I'm a really cool nice dad
HAIKOOLIGAN
Oh I jacked the boat in a couple of months ago for a new job managing a farm shop and the place was kind of in turmoil when I arrived which has made it easier to make this decision. Maybe I’ll do a few boat driving shifts next summer if I get stuck haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.

HotSoapyBeard posted:

jacked the boat

um... is this some sort of nautical procreative term??

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

FluffieDuckie

i sure like the amazon items thread idea

e: tbc i mean this https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3843911

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Robot Made of Meat

HotSoapyBeard posted:

Hi BYOB, just left my job a week before Christmas LOL wish me luck. I’m starting a local wedding magazine/website/online directory with my wife. Got some advertisers on board so fingers crossed!

Luck be with you. I wish you only the best. But . . . you left that sweet boat? What are you, crazy?

Still, hugs and good wishes.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
whoa i have so many assignments to do so i been recording a lot of music to procrastin8 it off

shd have that new album out by xmas at this r8 :3:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

henlo, friends, and my good friend PIC!!! :love:

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

you're a good egg hamjobs

also I want some cookies

today I'm trying to cast off a crushing bout of insomnia. my body feels leaden. im probably not fit to drive. so i will nap on the couch until it passes.

also gotta decorate me crimmus tree though

you are the goodest egg, though. a GOLDEN egg. i know that feeling; i've been fighting it for months now. i'll eventually regulate to where i'm not on a 49 hour day. literally. it gets better. also SHOW ME YOUR CRIMMUS TREEEEE. i put up a paper one, since i'm moving, so it's literally just a bunch of paper cutouts taped to the wall.

TOOT BOOT posted:

That reminds me, when I was a wee little kid I wanted some ice cream. My mom said we were out and I was like 'That's okay I'll just eat the box', my reasoning being that since ice cream cones were edible, the box the ice cream comes in must be edible too

this seems 100% logical to me, actually. ice cream should come in cone boxes. less waste, more taste, imo.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

today i called my last-remaining-in-country cousins in ukraine and we talked about things going on there. it was not great. they are moving here though! my aunties got them visas, i am so happy! so i might get to see them around the middle of january! this is a big deal for my family, i have not seen them in person in over fifteen years. it is very exciting. i miss them very much.

i'm starting to slow-pack my apartment. all my yarn is put away in the boxes again, all of my clothes that i don't need in boxes. i'm packing up the extra beds and my shelving to go in a pod, then i fly to another place in less than a week. hopefully there will be pelmeni and maybe even winter salad because winter salad is the food of the gods. we don't really do christmas because i'm jewish but i still love to decorate and make food and watch the yule log on netflix. i hope you all have a very wonderful series of holidays planned this year. hopefully i can post until i move and get internet again.

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
 ~ h ~ a ~ p ~ p ~ y ~ h ~ o ~ l ~ i ~ d ~ a ~ y ~ s ~ y ~ a ~ l ~ l ~

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.

hamjobs posted:

henlo, friends, and my good friend PIC!!! :love:

you are the goodest egg, though. a GOLDEN egg. i know that feeling; i've been fighting it for months now. i'll eventually regulate to where i'm not on a 49 hour day. literally. it gets better. also SHOW ME YOUR CRIMMUS TREEEEE. i put up a paper one, since i'm moving, so it's literally just a bunch of paper cutouts taped

my partner's first crimmus tree :3: we are gonna get some lights for it tomorrow! the house smells sprucy and it's very good

and tyvm. fixing weird sleep is hard. can't wait for this bout to pass. but at least there are loads of neat kitty and other animal rescue videos to watch when I'm too tired to be productive!

been watching an australian bat rescue channel called batzilla :kimchi:

also yay for more incoming family!

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

UWBW

Permanently banned from the Alamo
I just drove for 15 hours straight only stopping for food and bathroom time. Only 7 hours to go! (This is a cry for help)

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I mixed up another half batch of nog! Now I have two big bottles of nog

Thanks to HotSoapyBeard for the sig image!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

my partner's first crimmus tree :3: we are gonna get some lights for it tomorrow! the house smells sprucy and it's very good

and tyvm. fixing weird sleep is hard. can't wait for this bout to pass. but at least there are loads of neat kitty and other animal rescue videos to watch when I'm too tired to be productive!

been watching an australian bat rescue channel called batzilla :kimchi:

also yay for more incoming family!

HAPPY CRIMMUS PARTNER! I LOVE BATZILLA. it's the best channel i have ever seen; i'm stuck on watching baby bats get bathed and fed and wrapped up like little batrritos. :kimchi: :kimchi: :kimchi:

also i made a new batch of pickles today so i'll have FANCY PIKLE for breakfast in the morning with my rice. so happy. if they turn out well i'm gonna post the recipe in the cooking thread because they smell amazing right now. quick pikle beet + cabbage + rutabaga with pearl onions, omg.

UWBW posted:

I just drove for 15 hours straight only stopping for food and bathroom time. Only 7 hours to go! (This is a cry for help)

my friend, please take care of yourself and rest as much as you can when you finally stop. driving is hard on the body but this is so worth it, i know. :love:

Olive! posted:

I mixed up another half batch of nog! Now I have two big bottles of nog

NOG NOG NOG NOG NOG NOG NOG NOG NOG NOG NOG NOG

i am a proponent of the nog. it is basically the finest of holiday spirits and also dessert in a ding-dang cup.

tomorrow morning i get to go to court and pay a parking fine, buy snow tires for the truck (i'm late, heck), and hopefully set up a date for my teeth to get fixed. i'm getting thompson's teeth as a consolation prize in my divorce.

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

FluffieDuckie posted:

i sure like the amazon items thread idea

e: tbc i mean this https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3843911

I will expose them for whom they really are... I could use some help though people *hints heavyli*

- - -

Good to be back abit :>

<3 <3 Vanisher

punchymcpunch

TOOT BOOT posted:

That reminds me, when I was a wee little kid I wanted some ice cream. My mom said we were out and I was like 'That's okay I'll just eat the box', my reasoning being that since ice cream cones were edible, the box the ice cream comes in must be edible too

whatd it taste like?

POOL IS CLOSED

i want some fancy pikle

buuuuut I'll settle for some coffee

Starman Super DX

sorry about the hold up on probes. you will get them later tonight when I have access to a device that can use Imgur without sucking

Tell me more!

byob historian

Starman Super DX posted:

sorry about the hold up on probes. you will get them later tonight when I have access to a device that can use Imgur without sucking

youre going to get on imgurs servers and update their platform? thanks :)

HotSoapyBeard

I'm a really cool nice dad
HAIKOOLIGAN

UWBW posted:

It’s the listening to “Driving home for Christmas” by Chris Rea 423 times that’ll kill ya

punchymcpunch

im gur

alnilam

Hi gur, I'm alnilam

POOL IS CLOSED

o hamjobs I forgot to post the tree

could not find lights at the local places today so I s'pose I'll hit a chain tomorrow

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

o hamjobs I forgot to post the tree

could not find lights at the local places today so I s'pose I'll hit a chain tomorrow

Were you the guy in line behind me at Costco on Saturday? He couldn't find the lights either

Starman Super DX

Are we posting trees? I will post my family's pretty tree(s) later tonight.

Tell me more!

POOL IS CLOSED

I Was The Fury posted:

Were you the guy in line behind me at Costco on Saturday? He couldn't find the lights either

alas, no. i am sorry for this other forlorn light-seeker.

also the nearest costco is about an hour away which is a bummer. i like costco.

sb hermit

I have no tree but I have two strings of lights that I got this year that I put around my desk

kinda think I should get a cheapo tree because I actually got some wrapped gifts before x-mas for a change

(usually all my wrapped gifts come from my family, who give them to me on the day of)

sb hermit

UWBW posted:

oowoooboo, how’s the driving? :ohdearsass:

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
El dorito

sb hermit

:( gotta make my new year’s resolution to lurk less and posting more

alnilam

el dorito posted:

:( gotta make my new year’s resolution to lurk less and posting more

el resoluto

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I have mere moments before I'm probated. I will spend my time off the forums learning this whistle

Thanks to HotSoapyBeard for the sig image!

Starman Super DX

Olive! posted:

I have mere moments before I'm probated. I will spend my time off the forums learning this whistle

charlestonjew took the jojo game over so now I have to think of something different for you :mad: you have SOME time.

also I'm about to smoke these dank nugs

e: :okpos:

Starman Super DX fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Dec 19, 2017

Tell me more!

Olive!

Starman Super DX posted:

charlestonjew took the jojo game over so now I have to think of something different for you :mad: you have SOME time.

also I'm about to smoke these dank nugs

there's more than one jojo game pal

e: also the true answer is hidden somewhere within my post

punchymcpunch

Starman Super DX

Olive! posted:

there's more than one jojo game pal

e: also the true answer is hidden somewhere within my post

I think I'm pretty sure there's only ONE Jojo game :colbert:

fake fake edit: then again...

Starman Super DX fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Dec 19, 2017

Tell me more!

Starman Super DX

I thought that was Wayne Knight on the left there for a minute

Tell me more!

byob historian

here's another free download in addition tothe album i dropped today

yesterday what ever its after midnite my pipe is lit and so am i :smugdog::pipe::420::dukedoge:

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
hello byob I have my 3rd interview for my 3rd job in 3 weeks and I'm super nervous over this one. I have no idea why because this job is a long shot and I have nothing to lose, and I nailed my previous 2.

byob historian

Renegret posted:

hello byob I have my 3rd interview for my 3rd job in 3 weeks and I'm super nervous over this one. I have no idea why because this job is a long shot and I have nothing to lose, and I nailed my previous 2.

go for the hat trick

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

go for the hat trick

hello

it didn't go so well

but that's okay I was way out of my league on this one and it's better to try and fail than never to try at all!

Plus now I have a cheat sheet of all the questions that were asked so I know what to study for next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
I'm trying to help my sister find a job after college. These things aren't easy!

ty vanisher, ty khanstant