Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Made the finals in my one and only league. Despite my team being really terrible at the beginning, I feel like I actually didn't have as much turnover as I expected.

Draft
QB: Newton, Dalton
RB: McCoy, Crowell, Gore, Jamaal Charles, TJ Yeldon
WR: Cooper, Crowder, Thielen, Robert Woods,
TE: Witten, Miller (RIP)
D: Vikings
K: McManus

Last week
QB: Smith, Bort
RB: McCoy, Crowell, Gore, Javorious Allen, Ivory
WR: Thielen, Gordon, Benjamin, Kearse, Hilton, Richardson
TE: Witten
D: Ravens, Bills
K: Succop

So 5 players overall I still have, but all of my main RBs went the year uninjured and I actually started all three of them most of the time. Mostly I started winning because my WR corps got way better once I started Thielen, and once I switched from Cam Newton to Alex Smith. Andy Dalton I dropped after week 1 and picked up Smith. 14 team league, so pickings were slim at the end of the draft. I probably could have held on to Robert Woods, but he still would have rode the bench most of my season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I've got Stafford, Smith, and Prescott. Should I grab either Bortles or Foles to start this week?

Also should I roll with Chicago defense or try to pick up Pittsburgh off waivers?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Here is my 2nd championship team in my 1ppr league

Drafted:
QB: A. Luck, T. Taylor
RB: Bell, Fournette, M. Gillislee, Prosise,
WR: A. Cooper, D. Adams, S. Diggs, S. Watkins, C. Meredith (drafted in 9th round... same round K Hunt got drafted :suicide: ), J.. Brown, C. Conley,
TE: Ertz
D/ST: Arizona
K: R. Succop

Championship Team:
QB: K. Cousins, N. Foles
RB: Bell, Fournette, W. Gallman, J. Williams, K. Williams
WR: S. Diggs, D. Adams, R. Anderson, S. Watkins
TE: Ertz, Olsen
D/ST: BAL, MIN
K: Butker

Traded Cooper & Gillislee the week before he exploded for Cousins and Garcon :rip: but that was my only trade in this league.

Liquid Banjo
Dec 23, 2009

full of mama's homemade pemmican
gently caress. Hunter Henry with a lacerated kidney??

I need an emergency backup for the championship:

Gates @NYJ
Clay @NE
Watson vs IND
Davis vs DEN
Jesse James @HOU
Burton vs OAK
Celek vs JAX oh my God who are these people

Help.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Liquid Banjo posted:

gently caress. Hunter Henry with a lacerated kidney??

I need an emergency backup for the championship:

Gates @NYJ
Clay @NE
Watson vs IND
Davis vs DEN
Jesse James @HOU
Burton vs OAK
Celek vs JAX oh my God who are these people

Help.

Clay then James

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

As an AB84 owner, is going in on Martavios Bryant a good idea? My other WRS are J Landry, MJJ and R Matthews

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
This is a very special message to all my big dick playas in the finals for after waivers run tomorrow. If you're playing a chud who was a turd about all the kneeling and you have a free roster spot you aren't going to use:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I hope some of you plan to fire up Keelan Cole this week.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Here's my team from week 1 and going into the championship.

Currently have a waiver claim on Keenum but if he gets grabbed will go for Bortles or Foles, in addition to Chicago D/ST and Greg Olsen because someone dropped him.

It's gonna be a coin flip either way but I'm excited with Zeke coming back. I really fought like hell to get into the finals these past few weeks.

MacheteZombie posted:

I hope some of you plan to fire up Keelan Cole this week.

Put in a claim for him, dropping Mike Davis because Seattle backfield lol.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Handsome Ralph posted:

Put in a claim for him, dropping Mike Davis because Seattle backfield lol.

Nice. Stashed him in my dynasty league two weeks ago. Happy with his returns so far. Kid looks great on the field.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Made it to the Finals in my BML.

Now I get to go against the guy who has Jordan Howard, Kareem Hunt and a returning Zeke Elliot! :suicide:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Don't be scared of Jordan Howard. He has as much chance of putting up 2 points as he does 20.

Liquid Banjo
Dec 23, 2009

RCarr posted:

Don't be scared of Jordan Howard. He has as much chance of putting up 2 points as he does 20.

Can I feel this way about Latavius Murray?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

RCarr posted:

Against the Browns and with my luck I'll see the 20.

Lata virus is probably going to have a good game. GBs front 7 is nothing spectacular outside of Mike Daniels. I would take him over McKinnon easy.

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
4 semifinal games:

2 Blowout Losses in the BML's
1 Blowout Win in Dynasty (If Rodgers is shelved opponent is down to Dalton for the final)
1 Win in the crazy scoring league where BOTH teams poo poo the bed and it took a Desean Jackson injury last night for me to advance. The other semifinal in the league outscored us both by over 100 each :lol:

With a 3rd/4th split in one of the BML's and guaranteed no worse then 2nd in the 2 finals I am up to 725 and will play for 400 more in Week 16.

I will get Zeke back in 2 of the 3 leagues and am running with Big Ben or Cam (I have Wentz on IR also) + Gurley/Freeman/Drake/Evans/Graham in Dynasty (I have Dalvin Cook on IR also). His team is a juggernaut (Bell/McCoy/Green/Thielen/Gronk and usually has A-Aron) but I can usually match him. This is the #1 vs #2

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If I'm trying to block my opponent (Rodgers owner) from grabbing a replacement this week, do I grab Foles or Bortles?

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

RCarr posted:

If I'm trying to block my opponent (Rodgers owner) from grabbing a replacement this week, do I grab Foles or Bortles?

I would grab foles

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

Impossible to grab both?

I grabbed Keenum, Foles, and Bortles off the WW to force him to use Rodgers or Mariota.

I had to drop Robert Woods and McKinnon to do so.

Liquid Banjo
Dec 23, 2009

RCarr posted:

That's tough. Do they sit Foles if they blowout OAK? Does 4net take Bortles pass ceiling down? Sounds like a toss-up.

I have Bort in at the moment but trying to grab Keenum.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

Liquid Banjo posted:

That's tough. Do they sit Foles if they blowout OAK? Does 4net take Bortles pass ceiling down? Sounds like a toss-up.

I have Bort in at the moment but trying to grab Keenum.

Foles hasn't gotten enough play time in to sit him yet.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Brownhat posted:

Exactly what I was going to say.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

Impossible to grab both?

I have a waiver claim in for both, but he is almost certainly going to use his waiver claim on one of them. But I have the higher priority, so I can choose which one I don't want him to have.

Liquid Banjo
Dec 23, 2009

Brownhat posted:

True. Would you prefer him over Keenum?

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

Since I'm now in the GoonTier B finals, let's look at my week one team vs. now:

Week One
QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Jordan Howard, DeMarco Murray, Rob Kelley (RIP), Paul Perkins, Darren Sproles (RIP)
WR: Michael Crabtree, Larry Fitzgerald, Martavis Bryant, Jarvis Landry, Jordan Matthews (RIP), Tyler Lockett, Torey Smith
TE: Zach Ertz
LB: Melvin Ingram, Bernardrick McKinney
DL: Leonard Williams
DB: Jabrill Peppers, Sean Davis
DP: Jarrad Davis

Now
QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Jordan Howard, Jerrick McKinnon, DeMacro Murray, Damien Williams
WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Jarvis Landry, Michael Crabtree, Kenny Stills, Cordarrelle Patterson
TE: Zach Ertz, Trey Burton
LB: Chandler Jones, Brandon Marshall
DL: Melvin Ingram
DB: Sean Davis, Keanu Neal
DP: Berandrick McKinney

I really liked Russell Wilson this year. I don't normally go after a must-draft QB, and I'm happy it worked out. Not a lot changed in my starting offensive players all season. Defensive players changed a bit through the season, Keanu Neal and Chandler Jones were huge pickups for me this season. Jordan Howard really was a coin flip all year.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

I have a waiver claim in for both, but he is almost certainly going to use his waiver claim on one of them. But I have the higher priority, so I can choose which one I don't want him to have.

Ah I’d go Foles then

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

Liquid Banjo posted:

True. Would you prefer him over Keenum?

I think Foles is the better of the two. Keenum's value depends on if Rodgers plays this week. If Rodgers doesn't start we could see Min get ahead and just hand the ball to Murray the rest of the game.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

Ah I’d go Foles then

Hopefully he wont be paying attention and I can grab Foles, Bortles, and Goff. That would give me Stafford, Prescott, Smith, Foles, Bortles, and Goff on my final roster.
:captainpop:

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

Hopefully he wont be paying attention and I can grab Foles, Bortles, and Goff. That would give me Stafford, Prescott, Smith, Foles, Bortles, and Goff on my final roster.
:captainpop:

In one champ game I’m rolling Smith, Rodgers, Goff, Keenum, & Foles.

He also had Hooper and Henry as TE’s so I would have grabbed Flacco, but instead grabbed Olsen to block him.

He then picked up Ben Watson who will now drop 15 points.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Firin up my Martavis'

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Having a hard time deciding on Martavis over Keenan Allen or Dion Lewis this week. Martavis could blow up, but "go home with the one who brought you" and everything.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Mikey Purp posted:

Having a hard time deciding on Martavis over Keenan Allen or Dion Lewis this week. Martavis could blow up, but "go home with the one who brought you" and everything.

Keenan Allen is unsittable, have to start him.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RVProfootballer posted:

Keenan Allen is unsittable, have to start him.

He's going to come crashing down to Earth this week....

Please, please, please let him come crashing down to Earth this week.

Here is the juggernaut I'm going against in my 1PPR league

QB: R. Wilson
RB: Gurley, Hunt
WR: Jones, Allen, Thielen
TE: Kelce
D/ST: LAR
K: Lutz

:nutshot:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Alfalfa posted:

He's going to come crashing down to Earth this week....

Please, please, please let him come crashing down to Earth this week.

Here is the juggernaut I'm going against in my 1PPR league

QB: R. Wilson
RB: Gurley, Hunt
WR: Jones, Allen, Thielen
TE: Kelce
D/ST: LAR

:nutshot:

What the gently caress

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Poque posted:

What the gently caress

I know... Most of those he drafted too. Like Hunt in the 9th round :barf:

I'm just hoping my guys are able to play and he's rolling in there like that.

My competing lineup:

QB: Cousins or Foles
RB: Bell, Fournette, J. Williams, K. Williams, W. Gallman
WR: Anderson, Diggs, Adams, Watkins,
TE: Ertz, Olsen (I might actually roll both these guys out this week)
D/ST: BAL, MIN
K: Butker

If healthy and I pick the perfect line up, I have a puncher's chance but yah...

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
It owns that A A Ron came back to knock me out of the playoffs in one league and then go on IR before I use him in the finals in another league.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Made it to the finals in one league, which is 2 weeks long. I love my team and I'm an easy 1st in PF for the season, but this is going to be a close one

Me:
QB: Smith
RB: Gurley, Howard
WR: Hopkins, Hill
Flex: JuJu
TE: Ertz
DST: Jags

Him:
QB: Taylor
RB: Hunt, Kamara
WR: Green, Evans
Flex: Hyde
TE: Olsen
DST: Steelers
K: Gould

I traded Nelson and Rivers for Smith and Howard when Smith was down right before his bye, and got JuJu off the wire, but the rest is the same from my draft. Very happy with this year, hopefully will have a championship to go with it

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
Just released Jordy Nelson. Dumping any Packers I have left.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Currently going a little nuts on the waiver wire, but my league barely rides it (I have 45 moves at the moment, next highest is 31).

EDIT: Bumped up Olsen to number 1, because the team I'm playing against has Hunter Henry. Did this last week against a team that started Rose so I grabbed Gould and that pretty much won the game for me last week.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Dec 19, 2017

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spoeank posted:

It owns that A A Ron came back to knock me out of the playoffs in one league and then go on IR before I use him in the finals in another league.

I’m that guy. Dropped him today after he put up 25 for me. Guy I’m playing against grabbed him before he went on IR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
The finals in my BML are between the 5th most and 7th most points in the league. Normally I am pretty annoyed by that, but I am one of them so it is ok. Seeing as how I thought it was a rebuilding year since I had complete garbage keepers compared to other teams I will take whatever I can get.

• Locked thread