Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
please advise goes at the bottom of all my "what the gently caress is this what do you expect me to do with this bullshit" emails

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I had someone forward me this email today and ask if this was a scam.

quote:

Hey did you get the BitCoin Investors Guide I sent you?

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT HERE: http://cl.s10.exct.net/?qs=ce89947495edf90b60dda021e58a55e03c748ce29392bbc889c94e2ddd54b43c20a493df2e3a6d2ffd0ce892d8b65a37

There are obviously a ton of opportunities out there right now to profit from this explosion but our experts have the EXACT blueprint that you can use to combine bitcoin and real estate and even describe the next massive coin that will be BOOMING in January and beyond. It is our free holiday present to you so enjoy anf THANK YOU!

Best Wishes,

- Stephan Piscano
CEO and Founder of The Real Estate Networking group

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Please stop adding poo poo to my project we’re already over budget.

Oh and my 2nd favorite.

“Who the gently caress uses ms access?”

I use access daily and it's awful.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I had someone forward me this email today and ask if this was a scam.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/stephan-piscano-napa

lmao

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Yeah "please advise" is my work-speak equivalent of "you figure this out" or "not my loving problem".

SHOAH NUFF posted:

What are some workplaces phrases you guys are enjoying lately

I’m loving when bosses say “blah blah, and call it a day”

I’m loving the word “cohort”, saying it all the time at work

I'm in the process of scheduling a phone interview elsewhere so hopefully "I quit" is one I'll enjoy soon.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

C-Euro posted:

I've definitely gotten razors through TSA in the past (the double-sided kind for safety razors). Only place that called me on it was Orlando and they also took my shaving soap at the same time because "it's a liquid over 3 oz". Bitch it was solid :argh:

I had security try to do that to me in Scotland with my deodorant stick. So I took the cap off and turned it upside down lol

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

C-Euro posted:

Yeah "please advise" is my work-speak equivalent of "you figure this out" or "not my loving problem".

Much like "bless your heart", everyone knows the code for "please advise."

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

My favorites of this week are:

"No."

"Hard pass"

"Spread the load"

"They're wrong."

"Growing pains"

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Update on job offer: they were willing to come up to 10k or offer more options at the same pay. My buddy, who I've known for over a decade and didn't bring me to the job a year ago because of restructuring they have to do, is strongly suggesting I take the more options because he can take care of the pay 6 months to a year down the road. He keeps hinting at the fact they're about to have an exit/acquisition of some kind, hence the take the options and get here before the January board meeting so they're granted to you.

Idk, it's tough because I have 0 reason to suspect he's trying to gently caress me and every reason to believe he's trying to look out for/take care of me.

Going to make a choice tonight, but it's tough.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
The work phrase that's starting to make me seethe is "critical path"

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
What's the best outlook salutations for the signature? I loving hate "Best Regards," and I'm sitting here with "best," because it's short and sweet

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Lol at people using Sincerely,

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Blitz7x posted:

What's the best outlook salutations for the signature? I loving hate "Best Regards," and I'm sitting here with "best," because it's short and sweet

Thanks, - if you're making a request/asking for something

Best, - if it's a reply to someone/more generic email

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I always just use Thanks, _______

I also write like two emails a week if that.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Blitz7x posted:

Fare thee well

Nov 6, 2002

Blitz7x posted:

I wish I were English so I could say cheers.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Have a blessed day,

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Blitz7x posted:

Thanks,

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Fun things about running a department: You can ban words.

"synergy" "leverage" "thought leaders" "influencers" "thinkfluencer" all toast.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Blitz7x posted:

That's fine. I sometimes like to personalize it because I'm not a robot, but I also send a billion emails a day so "Best" is my default.

"Thanks" works for people you don't know well or weird robots who are obsessed with conveying power or other business bullshit

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

"No" is my go-to right now because I'm fed up with people asking if I'll have stuff done by an impossible deadline.

Blitz7x posted:

Lol at people using Sincerely,

I use sincerely because I don't give a gently caress

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
“utilize” instead of “use” drives me crazy.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

WHOOPS posted:

It has its utilizes

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
"Upstream" is also a term that gets thrown around in my group quite a bit

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Fun things about running a department: You can ban words.

"synergy" "leverage" "thought leaders" "influencers" "thinkfluencer" all toast.

thinkfluencer should punishable by death. The rest were probably used in a useful sentence at one point in time, but Jesus gently caress, thinkfluencer.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I usually end emails with Best,

My old boss like 9 years ago did it and I started doing it randomly 3-4 years ago.

What's everyone's parting message to people? I was a big "take it easy," for a long time but recently I've migrated to "take care."

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I just got to use nightmare factory and last helicopter out of Saigon in a meeting, so I'm happy.

Spoeank posted:

I usually end emails with Best,

My old boss like 9 years ago did it and I started doing it randomly 3-4 years ago.

What's everyone's parting message to people? I was a big "take it easy," for a long time but recently I've migrated to "take care."

"Have a good one" or "talk to you later" or "peace."

Kalli fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Dec 19, 2017

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Skwirl posted:

thinkfluencer should punishable by death. The rest were probably used in a useful sentence at one point in time, but Jesus gently caress, thinkfluencer.

Yeah, PR emails are a loving cacophony of terrible newspeak and bullshit.

I'm very not-popular among that crowd because I refuse to publish quotes with non-words like that without [sic] or ellipsis-ing them out.

WHOOPS posted:

another banned word. Drives me loving bonkers

GonadTheBallbarian fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Dec 19, 2017

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
When I used to be client-side I would always end with "Best regards," because that's how the guy who trained me taught me but now that I have 0 client interaction I barely even remember to put my signature on my replies.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Spoeank posted:

"Don't gently caress with me. Don't you ever gently caress with me. Toodles."

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Synergies of vertical integration

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I write the way people talk :coolfish:

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug
'Acceleration' or some variant is another favorite. When they think doing things faster is the solution to all their problems, but have no interest in evaluating processes and people who may be impediments to moving faster, usually resulting in never leaving a perpetual state of panic/feeling like enough isn't being done and landing on people putting in more hours.

US work culture can be absolutely toxic when it comes to time spent in the office/working a week and I blame the neckbeards with no lives who don't realize slaving away at a desk for hours on end doesn't make you a better or more virtuous employee.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Do y'all have to fill out your own yearly evaluations? Every year it follows the same routine for me and I'd rather flay my skin with a scalpel then write it.

I know it's just because my supervisor is lazy, and doesn't know what I actually do, but I always just think about it for a week, write three words, get mad about it, then work on other poo poo and then the day it's due just re-word what I wrote last year and change the projects I did.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Spoeank posted:

"Piss tape is real"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ehud posted:

I write the way people talk :coolfish:

That means you're doing it wrong.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Please do the needful really gets me on a deep personal level.

No gently caress you, Barbara, YOU do the needful

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
What are the funniest seasons of Always Sunny in Philadelphia?

Nov 6, 2002

SHOAH NUFF posted:

What are the funniest seasons of Always Sunny in Philadelphia?

all of 'em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Kalli posted:

Do y'all have to fill out your own yearly evaluations? Every year it follows the same routine for me and I'd rather flay my skin with a scalpel then write it.

I know it's just because my supervisor is lazy, and doesn't know what I actually do, but I always just think about it for a week, write three words, get mad about it, then work on other poo poo and then the day it's due just re-word what I wrote last year and change the projects I did.

When I did I kept it short and sweet instead of agonizing over it for weeks and writing a loving tome like most other devs. If I've had reviews elsewhere, they've been 360 peer feedback reviews. Self reviews are horse poo poo.

• Locked thread