Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

JJL should be out in around 7 hours probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I thought it was on hiatus this month

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

One of the translators said it was
Then it turned out it wasn't
So it isn't.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
That's coooooooouuu~~l

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Oh boy, not long now until my next anxious evaluation if I'm feeling Part 8 yet or not

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

If you're this far in to anything and are still asking "do I feel it?" the answer is no.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

If you're this far in to anything and are still asking "do I feel it?" the answer is no.

Being this far into jojolion and not feeling anything?

This must be the work of an enemy stand

「Nirvana」

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

:thejoke:

I already fuckin love Jojolion, Damo chapters won me over for good

I'm one of those sickos who liked Blue Hawaii, too

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://hiwamatanoboru.com/2017/12/18/jojolion-72-and-jojolion-volume-16/

Hiatus next month

There it is, the mandated dog death

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

It's not on batoto yet somehow but his site link should be working.

http://hiwamatanoboru.com/2017/12/18/jojolion-72-and-jojolion-volume-16/

And yeah, sorry, i think either I misunderstood something kewl said or he was wrong but this month is on, obviously, but next month is hiatus

E: drat not fast enough on the draw. Anyway joubin looks hilarious in a baseball hat

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He looks like a bigger loser than Joshu most of the time, even though Joshu measures fish sausage. It's impressive.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Well, looks like the plot point we've all seen coming is just around the corner.

ozone baby is what, literally sucking the air out of the room and probably intending to take out everyone on the higashikata estate so now is when Joubin realizes his gofer rear end is getting played and it's time to switch sides and/or sacrifice himself.

He's a poo poo person but he does love his son so the second he realizes they're really willing to hurt tsurugi he'll flip

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Calling it now: Ozone Baby will kill Tsurugi and Jobin will flip to being an ally. Only problem then is: Who's the main villain? Cuz it looked like it was setting up Jobin.

Also we managed to get a whole 72 chapters deep before a dog died.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Dec 18, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's kind of silly the whole reason Joubin has been working with the Rock People is because he wants his family's fruit parlor to be a big deal and more powerful again.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Local Fuckboy Gets Entire Family Killed In Search For Sailor

Drink Top
Jul 21, 2012
I think Kaato/Joubin can still be major enemies without being aligned with the Rock Humans anymore. Also I love that Joubin isn't really that different from Joshu in the sense that they're both petulant rear end in a top hat man-children.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Drink Top posted:

I think Kaato/Joubin can still be major enemies without being aligned with the Rock Humans anymore. Also I love that Joubin isn't really that different from Joshu in the sense that they're both petulant rear end in a top hat man-children.

Jobin constantly bringing up "summer vacation forever" is basically a signal of "he might be the eldest but he's still a complete manchild mentally"

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

shoutouts to my boy tonio in this chapter

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Aurora posted:

shoutouts to my boy tonio in this chapter

:yeah:

This new stand looks like a combination of an office chair and the pope.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Olive! posted:

:yeah:

This new stand looks like a combination of an office chair and the pope.

And so it looks like it's power is loving with air pressure/creating vacuums? Given the containers in the garage crumpling, Tsurugi's ears hurting and Jobin's nosebleed.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Wow ozone baby looks creepy as hell

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
As far as funny Jojo pages go, Joshu's Sausage Statistics is right up there with Doppio's phone call on the plane and That poo poo Ain't Disney.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Dragonwagon posted:

As far as funny Jojo pages go, Joshu's Sausage Statistics is right up there with Doppio's phone call on the plane and That poo poo Ain't Disney.
I honestly thought that was the beginning of the Stand attack. Like poo poo in the house was shrinking, and soon the entire estate would be the size of the house model that Jobin buried.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

jobin is an idiot

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

The last fight involved an eccentric man who lives in a place where you wouldn't normally live. The fight before that involved Josuke being pursued by a powerful stand while Hirose tries to figure out the location of the user. This fight begins with the enemy stand doing something bad to a Higashikata in their own home.

Super Fly, Highway Star, Ozone Baby is Enigma, JoJolion is a retelling of DiU, I have solved it, everyone.

(Nah just kidding, but cool coincidence, huh?)

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Dec 19, 2017

Drink Top
Jul 21, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

jobin is an idiot

"I'm going to start doing organized crimes because I have to wait in line and make restaruant reservations! Also, my son, I guess."

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Johnny Joestar posted:

jobin is an idiot

Yeah hahaha

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Still better than Diavolo, so I'm satiated.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

jobin is genuinely just really loving stupid for hooking up with weird rock gangsters and thinking that he and his son are magically going to be okay after he buries some goddamn magical lego set in his backyard that is explicitly going to affect a wide area

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Johnny Joestar posted:

jobin is genuinely just really loving stupid for hooking up with weird rock gangsters and thinking that he and his son are magically going to be okay after he buries some goddamn magical lego set in his backyard that is explicitly going to affect a wide area

well sure it sounds bad when you put it like that

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Jobin's basic arc right now is "holy poo poo josuke's gonna loving KILL me".

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

psst, hey jobin...

you can totally own this dude if you carry this lit stick of dynamite over to him

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I mean you can't blame a guy for wanting to make the family name more significant than it should be. We live in a world in which Donald Trump paid money to have someone conjure up a fake family crest for himself

But yeah no the lego in the yard thing is weird and maybe it'd be smart to remember that his family sells fruit and his son's not going to grow up to be a serious hustler just because dad sold fruit a little better than most people.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Wanting to build a dynasty has been the motivation of most wankers since the dawn of history

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

This, but it's Jobin.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Jobin was clearly never going to be the big baddy as soon as Kaato appeared. It will either be her and she's a rock human or she'll be an end baddy with a hitherto unseen rock human.

Think I'm going to rearead JoJolion over Christmas break because I forgot so much of it. Also Steel Ball Run because it's the greatest manga.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The evolution of Jobin from "mysterious beetle boy who seems to be running some shady poo poo" to "gofer mortally terrified of sailor hobo" is impressive.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

The evolution of Jobin from "mysterious beetle boy who seems to be running some shady poo poo" to "gofer mortally terrified of sailor hobo" is impressive.

Agreed

Does anyone have that tweet of Speed King where they coloured it and turned it into like a video?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I also loved that Norisuke's response to Joubin's complaints were. "We are a fruit shop. We don't need to be powerful."