Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lmao only 2(I disagree about TPAB and love it, but to humor your argument) of his 3 albums are classics.

"I dunno if this whole Kendrick thing is a fluke or not."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kdot is incredibly skilled but his albums have decreased in quality every time since section 80

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Same people acting dumb
Same dumb arguments
Burn this thread to the ground.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
It’s much better without you posting in it

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Haven’t stopped posting just using Alts ya cuck

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Rather you use deletes my man

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Fisk you have stayed consistently garbage good work.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

GoldfishStew posted:

Thanks for helping keep the forums afloat

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

GoldfishStew posted:

Fisk you have stayed consistently garbage good work.

If you strive hard enough you might climb to my level

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Do people in here gently caress with dizzee rascal

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I AM BRAWW posted:

brockhamtpn is a fuckin industry plant

brock hampton is basically someone who listened to a couple Odd Future albums and said "hey i like these guys but they shouldn't rap about raping and killing people"

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Rap is dead

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Kdot is incredibly skilled but his albums have decreased in quality every time since section 80

heard this opinion for real about GKMC (which is wrong but more understandable) but section 80 you might be the first; trolling or not

GoldfishStew posted:

why have alts lol there’s like 15 maybe 20 people that post in the forums anymore except for the trump thread in c-spam

Princeps32 fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Dec 19, 2017

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
the brockhampton guys aren't industry plants, they're just talented ktt nerds that are extremely marketing savvy and they came up with a plan to blow up quickly that worked. I went to the same high school as a bunch of them, it's crazy to see them get really popular now

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

HorseRenoir posted:

the brockhampton guys aren't industry plants, they're just talented ktt nerds that are extremely marketing savvy and they came up with a plan to blow up quickly that worked. I went to the same high school as a bunch of them, it's crazy to see them get really popular now

ok we get it, brockhampton and horserenoir are industry plants

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I have to be honest, Saturation III only has a couple of tracks that I like. Most of it is pretty skippable.

Good news though, Saturations I & II, still exist.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
what does industry plant mean in this context? you mean like chance?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Remember when chance had a meltdown about mtv news not liking his live set that much that he wouldn’t appear or do any mtv shows

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Attention industry plants itt: please tell your overlords my posting is for sale. I will gladly defend whatever musician you want me to for a reasonable price. These posts could be yours

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

temple posted:

what does industry plant mean in this context? you mean like chance?

They’re just being pushed down your throat extremely hard. I shouldn’t have facebook ads of Saturation III and I shouldn’t have them pop up as sponsored videos on Instagram. I think they’re just either like, artificial or puppetered. They just have a hazy backstory « yeah we met up on ktt » too, so they are industry plants.

I have a theory about how they are Russian puppets and are pushing and agenda to make black males effeminate if anyone wants to hear it

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
gonna gather up a bunch of rap thread goons and buy a house in california

record labels i know u are listening

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
drat, MF DOOM's 14-year-old son died

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

I AM BRAWW posted:

I have a theory about how they are Russian puppets and are pushing and agenda to make black males effeminate if anyone wants to hear it

Lol

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

joe budden might be a corny grump now but mood muzik 2+3 are wild good

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I AM BRAWW posted:

They’re just being pushed down your throat extremely hard. I shouldn’t have facebook ads of Saturation III and I shouldn’t have them pop up as sponsored videos on Instagram. I think they’re just either like, artificial or puppetered. They just have a hazy backstory « yeah we met up on ktt » too, so they are industry plants.

I didn't notice all that sheesh

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
I honestly haven't seen any Brockhampton ads at all, I've only ever heard about them in this thread.

Just goes to show how much there is out there and how much the stuff you see advertisements for is based off of what you've recently watched.

Speaking of which where should I start with Brockhampton. What is their defining video so far?

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
This one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWhPimx07H0

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Kenshin posted:

I honestly haven't seen any Brockhampton ads at all, I've only ever heard about them in this thread.

same

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

I AM BRAWW posted:

I knew thugga was too good to be true

highme
May 25, 2001

Kenshin posted:

Speaking of which where should I start with Brockhampton. What is their defining video so far?

Junky, Gummy & Boogie are probably my 3 favorite tracks/videos.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

I AM BRAWW posted:

never seen an ad for them. they got a big YouTube push from like Fantano and others giving them big reviews I guess?

Kenshin posted:

GOLD, QUEER, GUMMY, BOOGIE, JUNKY are real good. HEAT was the single that first made me notice but it’s much more Odd Future aggressive tribute than almost anything else they did this year.

Princeps32 fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Dec 19, 2017

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I first heard Brockhampton from this thread when Saturation 2 dropped and everyone went crazy about it.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I first heard Brockhampton from this thread when Saturation 2 dropped and everyone went crazy about it.

Same. I think they're ok, they have some fun songs. I don't like that white guy with the chubby face that does all the voices though that guy can gently caress off.

highme
May 25, 2001

Princeps32 posted:

never seen an ad for them. they got a big YouTube push from like Fantano and others giving them big reviews I guess?

They had that Viceland series, but not sure how much exposure that got them. LA Times did a big article on the front page of their Culture section the Saturday of Camp Flog Gnaw as well.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Joe Budden is (maybe?) out of Everyday Struggle and he’s whining on twitter about it

https://twitter.com/joebudden/status/943127334735007744

https://twitter.com/djwhookid/status/942764701544583171

https://twitter.com/joebudden/status/942766209593958406

https://twitter.com/joebudden/status/943097903568097280

https://twitter.com/joebudden/status/943101890824458240

Or maybe he’s just trolling because he’s a lame old bitter attention whore?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
LAMB and STAR are what got me into Brockhampton. LAMB won’t be on a physical release until the SATURATION boxset they’re planning. I don’t think they’re plants but they’re definitely savvy and well-produced enough that I wouldn’t be surprised if they had an industry vet guiding/managing/consulting them.

I would be suspicious of anyone who blew up on MTV out of “nowhere” but were supposed to be “underground.” Brockhampton seems to still be under the radar. Having a few million plays on tracks on Spotify isn’t the biggest feat, but if it was tens of millions I’d say there’s mainstream awareness.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Well that's the end of that show

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah I'd be surprised if Complex resigns him for the amount he asked for. Charlamagne called it tho in may. No way that shits gonna last without Budden, whole point of the show is for him to bicker at AK lol

temple
Jul 29, 2006

complex should know you can't have poo poo without piss. joe is their yellow gold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
they did budden dirty