Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Light Gun Man posted:

a doom house?

Officer Fraggles (ghost) posted:

A DOOM HOUSE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I like Doom Guy's crush on Amalgoon. He watched him bathe and now rescues him.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Amalgoon should definitely have his own line of care products. He's irresistible!

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
The general sanity and demeanor of the goons continues to drop, in spite of there being relatively few deaths:

drat Amalgoon, what did Glen ever do to you?

:ohdear:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I think this is the longest we had a game go on for.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

First leave him for dead and then kick his snowman apart?! Is there no limit to your cruelty goonsir?!

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

I want to know what Doom Guy's secret is. Alternatively he is just playing along so he could find the location of the drugs. I can't imagine Doom Guy on Crystal Meth. Honestly how would you be able to tell the difference?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I think that's what the doom comic is all about, doomguy on meth.
He's usually quiet.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

And then there were four.

What is this? Some Tex Avery bullshit?

:patriot:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Cmon doom guy

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Doomguy ain't used to enemies that don't shriek in inhuman voices and charge head on.

Leos Klein
Mar 11, 2011

ALL HAIL CARDIEL

This was some classic nature poo poo, that happened earlier.

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.

Loss Edits getting weird etc...
:regd08:

I Said No
May 21, 2007

We're close to the home stretch now. Only three remain.

I have to admit, this one legitimately baffles me.

At last, he is free of the torments of Amalgoon.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

I think Doom Guy is obsessed with Amalgoon. Watching him bathe, cooking a meal for him, I think he's saved him at some point too. I only hope Amalgoon treats this Hell Slayer well.

Kind of hoping for that triple suicide pact.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

My guess is that Amalgoon looks like a demon however THE DOOM SLAYER does not hear metal flare up in his presence so he obviously isn't one. As such THE DOOM SLAYER, curious by nature, wants to find out exactly what this entity truly is.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

And then there were two.

No doubt this will lead to some incredible, final showdown wher-

.... :what:

Winner winner. Chicken dinner optional, but recommended.

Statistics!

Not a very violent season overall, 14 kills overall with the rest being unfortunate accidents.
And with that, Season 10 comes to a close. How'd I do re-writing the events? If you want to run the simulation for yourself or look over all the events and such, go to the load season page and enter the code 2Ra8wWSD.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
This season was intense as gently caress. Good job.

I kinda wish we could have a poster season to shake it up a bit. I know that’s against the rules but hasn’t it changed hands like 3-4 times by now?

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Wait, Doom Guy didn't even kill anyone? I guess he can only kill demons. Still loved his obsession with Amalgoon and am glad I put him forward.

The new events were great and added a lot of flavor to the game. Are there just fewer kill events or is that what the RNG happened to pull?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Doom Guy mah booooy.

Also he tried to kill he just failed. Wow weak

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHRuTYtSbJQ

I Said No
May 21, 2007

limp_cheese posted:

Wait, Doom Guy didn't even kill anyone? I guess he can only kill demons. Still loved his obsession with Amalgoon and am glad I put him forward.

The new events were great and added a lot of flavor to the game. Are there just fewer kill events or is that what the RNG happened to pull?

I haven't seen the code so i'm just speculating, but I think the game rolls a phase by deciding who lives and who dies based on the death rate set in the options, then picks an event from the pool of appropriate ones. I'm not sure how it decides how many entrants to involve per event (both lethal and non-lethal events) though - generally I would start each events page by doing roughly 10 solo events and 10 two-person events then add a handful of 3-6 player events. The ratio of multi-person events seemed about the same as usual though so I guess it doesn't affect things that much.

I'm honestly a bit tempted to see if I can code my own version of this where stuff like items/injuries/relationships are tracked. Dunno if I could pull off a version worth using but it'd be probably worth a shot.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

I Said No posted:

I haven't seen the code so i'm just speculating, but I think the game rolls a phase by deciding who lives and who dies based on the death rate set in the options, then picks an event from the pool of appropriate ones. I'm not sure how it decides how many entrants to involve per event (both lethal and non-lethal events) though - generally I would start each events page by doing roughly 10 solo events and 10 two-person events then add a handful of 3-6 player events. The ratio of multi-person events seemed about the same as usual though so I guess it doesn't affect things that much.

I'm honestly a bit tempted to see if I can code my own version of this where stuff like items/injuries/relationships are tracked. Dunno if I could pull off a version worth using but it'd be probably worth a shot.

It seems like a lot of work but if you could pull it off that would be awesome. I personally prefer this version rather than the Steam because it's easier to follow. Having events track would make it better.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

I'd like to point out Amalgoon made out with Glen before trying to kill him and wrecking his snowman, meanwhile Glen had multiple people die in his arms.
This was a v depressing round but really intense and probably my favorite.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
the real conclusion is that there were no demons among the finalists so doom guy was like 'whatever'

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

limp_cheese posted:

It seems like a lot of work but if you could pull it off that would be awesome. I personally prefer this version rather than the Steam because it's easier to follow. Having events track would make it better.

A simple trait system where characters and events had tags (cowardly, ruthless, merciful, etc.) that made certain events more like to trigger for certain characters would also be a logical thing to add, but I'm sure that's work.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
But then it wouldn’t be totally random and nonsensical anymore, which is part of the charm. I’m being serious, btw. Having the game come up randomly with actions that are completely in character (or absurdly out of character) for the participants is a much larger comedy payoff than artificially biasing the game to get those behaviors.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

Yeah that's what I was wondering. While it'd be cool from a technical POV to have an engine that tracks stuff, a lot of the charm comes from these ones just being completely random I think.
I guess it'd just be a matter of preference in the end. :v:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

For the next round I nominate:

Falconhoof.

And

Vinnie Vole.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Coolguye posted:

the real conclusion is that there were no demons among the finalists so doom guy was like 'whatever'

This is my interpretation of it.

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.
Kudos to Doom Guy.

For the next round, I nominate:

The Queen of England

and

Coked up Klaus

Do you want more event suggestions?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
This was a good loving round.

If this is still going on after gooncamp, I have 2 combatants willing to get mercilessly slaughtered win it all.

First is SLIM JIM GUY

Second is EAGLE MAN

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
I nominate a ancient insane member of royalty

Emperor Caligula

and a young prince who will follow in his footsteps
Prince George

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Let's see what do I have stashed away in my imgur...

AGDQ 2K17

Mike McDonald

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

No one truly wanted to fight Doom Guy because they would lose easily against him.

A Bobbit Worm

A hosed up Volcano

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

I nominate

Kurt Cobain!

and

Swan Ronson!

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Sad King Billy posted:

I nominate a ancient insane member of royalty

Emperor Caligula

and a young prince who will follow in his footsteps
Prince George

Oooh john hurts caligula from I, claudious too.

Now I have to rewatch that series

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Gridlocked posted:

Oooh john hurts caligula from I, claudious too.

Now I have to rewatch that series

...and he is very good too

Whole host of famous faces in that show.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Sad King Billy posted:

...and he is very good too

Whole host of famous faces in that show.

Such a good show too.

Hell if you can get the Images for me (as im phone posting at work) I'd like to nominate:

Agrippa and The German Who Says "Ja?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Said No
May 21, 2007

Dunno if we're going to get enough in for a round before Christmas hits. Who's running the next one? Should I do it again?
If so should I go back to the default setting, use the winter scenario we had in last round, or do something new?