Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
15 minutes into bowl season and we got a swinging gate :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
This appears to be the Bowl GDT:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3843832&perpage=40

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I did not watch the entire Oregon/Boise bowl game, but let me tell you the last minute of the first half was loving bonkers after being extremely boring for the first 29 minutes.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Don't know if this got posted up somewhere else, but I love this kinda poo poo:

https://twitter.com/TTUKingsbury/status/942879981557952513

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Somewhere, Gendo screams.

https://twitter.com/OTB_SBNation/status/943214690540408834

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
rip in peace gendo and jerry kill

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Here lies Jerry Kill, he left us to take a job working 2nd shift as a mall santa.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

He looks a lot better with the beard

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

quote:

The decision marks the end of a 34-year coaching career for Kill, who brought his patented Big Ten style of offense to the Banks. The Scarlet Knights operated with a run-heavy offense under Kill, which resulted in 147 rushing yards per game and played a major role in their 18 points per game average.

:vince:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

That paragraph is the sports equivalent of "For sale: baby shoes, never worn."

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
That should be his epitaph.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Patented Big Ten Style

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

pillsburysoldier posted:

Patented Big Ten Style

What's that, run straight, run straight again, oh better pass because we only got 4 yards?

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

pillsburysoldier posted:

Patented Big Ten Style

Decided Schematic Advantage

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Kill was a solid coach and a nice fit for a program like Minnesota, this is a Kevin Love situation where gendo threw a fit before he’d ever done anything at Minnesota and poisoned the well here.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Dec 20, 2017

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
E: double post somehow whoops

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

This FAU Akron game is cool

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

going for it twice on 4th on the same series, kiffin must have balls of steel

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

KKKLIP ART posted:

going for it twice on 4th on the same series, kiffin must have balls of steel

Nah it's more that he just signed a ten year contract

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Here's the thread for Week 1 Bowl Games

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3843832

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

MourningView posted:

Kill was a solid coach and a nice fit for a program like Minnesota, this is a Kevin Love situation where gendo threw a fit before he’d ever done anything at Minnesota and poisoned the well here.

Yea, I think the biggest knock on Kill when he first got hired was the known health issues. He was mostly successful at Minnesota, but it was still funny to see gendo just rag on the guy non-stop. I was really surprised to see Kill had even gone out and gotten another coaching job after he resigned at Minnesota.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I hope Lane makes FAU into a Boise State level team.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

swickles posted:

Pretty sure they'd beat Boise right now and this is without lane getting any recruits in.

The real problem is going to be the entire program getting arrested in the next three years

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

swickles posted:

It's Kendall Briles who is making them good though, as much as all the sports media people carrying water for lane are trying to ignore that

Bird in a Blender posted:

Yea, I think the biggest knock on Kill when he first got hired was the known health issues. He was mostly successful at Minnesota, but it was still funny to see gendo just rag on the guy non-stop. I was really surprised to see Kill had even gone out and gotten another coaching job after he resigned at Minnesota.

You would know better than me because you follow NIU, was the epilepsy a known issue then?

MourningView fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Dec 20, 2017

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

MourningView posted:

It's Kendall Briles who is making them good though, as much as all the sports media people carrying water for lane are trying to ignore that

You really seem to think a lot of Kendall Briles' coaching acumen

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

MourningView posted:

I don’t really know about program development but Kiffin is a legit good offensive coach. Bryles probably is too but the offense is all lane.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

General Dog posted:

You really seem to think a lot of Kendall Briles' coaching acumen

KKKLIP ART posted:

I don’t really know about program development but Kiffin is a legit good offensive coach. Bryles probably is too but the offense is all lane.

Lane has said that Briles has full control of the offense and play calling and they are pretty clearly running the old Baylor offense.

Like I think lane is a good OC in his own right when he's not also dealing with being the HC but FAU isn't running his offense

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It's a shame that Baylor ran such a toxic program and everyone involved is to one degree or another (mostly a high degree) horrible because that offense really is fun to watch.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Grittybeard posted:

It's a shame that Baylor ran such a toxic program and everyone involved is to one degree or another (mostly a high degree) horrible because that offense really is fun to watch.

It is! They're really fun to watch if you can ignore who the guy calling plays is. Baylor was my favorite team to watch before all that came out.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
N: Cam Phillips underwent sports hernia surgery and is going to miss the Camping World Bowl

V: This game could get uuuuuuuugly.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

this is now my go-to for picking games:

https://twitter.com/OrangeBowl/status/943222407329992705

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Kirby Smart has gained control of the Athens police department:

https://twitter.com/Tall_Man26/status/943502480884879361

This was the guy who was accused of forgery. He (allegedly) paid with a counterfeit $100 bill using a fake name. I'd be interested in knowing what happened behind the scenes. Some folks are saying mistaken identity, but who knows.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
https://twitter.com/AriWasserman/status/943521437855436802

I’m sure this will go well.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

That is really funny but would be better used against Saban who is older

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

KKKLIP ART posted:

I would never have guessed that Saban is 13 years older than Urban Meyer before looking it up. I have trouble believing it's true even after doing so.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

MourningView posted:

Lane has said that Briles has full control of the offense and play calling and they are pretty clearly running the old Baylor offense.

Like I think lane is a good OC in his own right when he's not also dealing with being the HC but FAU isn't running his offense

I would love for Mizzou to steal him, but that history, hoo boy

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I mean, it seems like it went pretty well since that guy flipped to Clemson.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

the mean lunch lady posted:

I would love for Mizzou to steal him, but that history, hoo boy

I was 100% down for making a run at Calipari way back when that was even a slightly possible chance and everyone and their mother thought he was a dirty recruiter/whatever. I guess that was all the way before the Mike Anderson hire.

I'm quite a bit less ok with this idea even though Briles would just be an OC.

e: It won't happen anyway since apparently they're not even considering Freeze who just likes hookers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

KKKLIP ART posted:

Hey, Urban's got that dodgy ticker to worry about.

• Locked thread