Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Zerilan posted:

I feel like past 7 or so it's more hit and miss but even the misses are still pretty good. 1 is probably the weakest season just for the lack of DeVito.

"Hit or miss" is a good way to put it, yeah. I think season 7 is the one with Frank's Brother/Shadynasty's which is maybe the worst episode of the series, but it also has maybe my favorite scene in the series ("Can I offer you a nice egg in these trying times?")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

My favorite scenes in Always Sunny aren’t even the crazy outlandish things. Mac’s love letter to Chase Utley still gets me every time. Especially the way Dee reacts while she’s reading it.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Mac and Charlie Die is the best episode, I think.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
the season when Mac gets fat is my favorite.

i’m a huge fan of the waterpark episode from this last season. the payoff to Charlie and Frank’s AIDS scheme gets me every time.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

The hate crime episode is loving amazing.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ive never watched a single episode of sunny.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

FizFashizzle posted:

Cool.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

FizFashizzle posted:

You should fix this immediately

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
smh I should have said I wish Trump died of an aneurysm instead of a big mac induced stroke because all that made my mom say was, "You really shouldn't people being unhealthy with the way they eat". Also its apparently bad for me to wish bad things happen to awful people because "Some people like Trump and you should respect their opinions" and "His family cares about him" god my parents are infected with terminal liberalism.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/pdmcleod/status/943221066171912192

Lmao

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Lol^^

achillesforever6 posted:

smh I should have said I wish Trump died of an aneurysm instead of a big mac induced stroke because all that made my mom say was, "You really shouldn't people being unhealthy with the way they eat". Also its apparently bad for me to wish bad things happen to awful people because "Some people like Trump and you should respect their opinions" and "His family cares about him" god my parents are infected with terminal liberalism.

Say the same thing but about ISIS and Nazis instead

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol there are aliens and no one gives a poo poo because it's 2017

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

tom delonge rules

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

FizFashizzle posted:

I still feel like this is really far for Fox to go to promote the new season of X-Files

quote:

Under Mr. Bigelow’s direction, the company modified buildings in Las Vegas for the storage of metal alloys and other materials that Mr. Elizondo and program contractors said had been recovered from unidentified aerial phenomena. Researchers also studied people who said they had experienced physical effects from encounters with the objects and examined them for any physiological changes. In addition, researchers spoke to military service members who had reported sightings of strange aircraft.

By 2009, Mr. Reid decided that the program had made such extraordinary discoveries that he argued for heightened security to protect it.
“Much progress has been made with the identification of several highly sensitive, unconventional aerospace-related findings,” Mr. Reid said in a letter to William Lynn III, a deputy defense secretary at the time, requesting that it be designated a “restricted special access program” limited to a few listed officials.

A 2009 Pentagon briefing summary of the program prepared by its director at the time asserted that “what was considered science fiction is now science fact,” and that the United States was incapable of defending itself against some of the technologies discovered. Mr. Reid’s request for the special designation was denied.

So yeah, either some rich dude and a senator got loving duped, or aliens are real, or some other country has loving future tech and we're using the alien angle to cover that poo poo up again

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

I watched two eps and couldn't do it.

It had its moments where I kind of went "heh" but the constant screeching at each other which seems to be 50% of the dialogue gave me a head ache.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

FizFashizzle posted:

They probably voted for Trump too.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
There's a very real possibility it's American tech. This also happened in the 80s with the B2.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

If there were aliens we'd be hosed if they wanted to brawl.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BlindSite posted:

If there were aliens we'd be hosed if they wanted to brawl.

Only because they'd mind control us and say "stop hitting yourself" while we punch ourselves out over and over again.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

FizFashizzle posted:

they keep crashing their ships because they're not sending their best, folks

Grittybeard posted:

Only because they'd mind control us and say "stop hitting yourself" while we punch ourselves out over and over again.

increasingly divided country
constantly voting against our own self interests
people holding loving stupid opinions for no discernable reason

wait you don't think

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Guys, there is a college football game on right now called the "Cheribundi Tart Cherry Boca Raton Bowl."

What are we loving doing as a society?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I don;t see why if aliens came here they would be sneaky about it

it's not like the conquistadors were afraid of getting caught

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

They're clearly beneficent beings who look mostly like us and are waiting for humanity to discover warp technology before revealing themselves. Geez it's like you haven't even read up on the lore.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Mel Mudkiper posted:

They could intercept our tv/radio, unlike the conquistadors. I'd assume any beings that could jet across the cosmos could infer exactly how humans would respond. They're probably busy talking to whales, dolphins and elephants.

We will all pay for Sea World's sins.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

gonna call all my poops hot takes from now on

Speaking of poop I just saw The Who Pooped the Bed episode of Sunny and it’s real good

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
They're avoiding us like how we avoid hobos

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Why would the aliens even need to stop at earth? They could just fly to the sun and suck up all the hydrogen and flip us the bird as the fly out of the system right before the sun goes nova

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Cute Bartender messaged me to meet up for drink. Life is good.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Its Rinaldo posted:

Why would the aliens even need to stop at earth? They could just fly to the sun and suck up all the hydrogen and flip us the bird as the fly out of the system right before the sun goes nova

Eh if youre that advanced probably don't need to steal hydrogen

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Aliens aren't dicks like that and are afraid of us because once we get space travel we are gonna conquistador them to hell.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I just turned down a full time fire/EMS gig because I didn't want to pull my kid from 5 days of daycare to 3. I hate my IT job and want to strangle everyone within reach. Tell me to Do The Needful ONE MORE loving TIME.

The gently caress is wrong with me?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I thought "Do the needful" was a euphemism for putting down your dog.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The logo for the 2018 Chess Championship.

From pages back, but I am super excited for the next Chess Championship. The last one owned. Went all 15 games to tie breaks, and most of the main games opened with the Ruy Lopez, the best (and my favorite) opening.

Always Sunny

The whole series can be kinda hit and miss, but when it hits Always Sunny is straight gold.

Id recommend The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis, Charlie Work, and Mac Bangs Dennis' Mom as the best episodes.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/nucleartakes/status/943297883322929152

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Guys, there is a college football game on right now called the "Cheribundi Tart Cherry Boca Raton Bowl."

What are we loving doing as a society?

Let me tell you about the Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl...

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Probably Magic posted:

W....why?!

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

After being hosed by the older generations, surely Millenials will hop on the "gently caress the younger Generations" band wagon.

Edit:

Though to think of it, anyone who is convinced by a 30 minute youtube video with a title of "Feminism DEBUNKED: A Rational Critique" are the only people who would be convinced by a 75 page screed of how actually 1=1.

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Dec 20, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

shut the gently caress up you dumbass with your lovely rear end name

Leisa get the gently caress outta here

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Spoeank posted:

shut the gently caress up you dumbass with your lovely rear end name

Leisa get the gently caress outta here

Looking Forward to that article being the next reading segment on Chapo.

Edit: Nvm actually read the article, the follow up is as dumb as the title.

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Dec 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Probably Magic posted:

I thought it was a euphemism for pooping. Or peeing.

• Locked thread