Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Electronico6 posted:

And the new leader challengers weren't ready to be released with the patch, and can only be obtainable through scraps. Also if you want to play Consume Monsters you gotta craft Arachas Queen.

They should've made Unseen Elder have full craft mill value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrmidongs
Oct 26, 2010

Just an FYI because I spent a shitload of time searching for it: The quests can be found clicking the hamburger menu in the lower left corner of the main menu of the game.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I'm glad they're not replacing the "rounds won" system because lmao I would be livid

like it still sucks getting "win X matches" with certain factions I don't have many cards with but at least it's not an issue like in Hearthstone

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
Need help with a keg here with some new epics. Pit trap, Ruehin, or an animated King of Beggars (yes hes bad but movie card!)

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Azran posted:

Regarding my previous Spotter bug, the issue seems to be Geralt - you can't select him as a valid Spotter target.

Browsing the list of changes on the CDPR website :

"Spotter can no longer target Gold units."

I'm guessing the card text doesn't reflect that change?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Knowlue posted:

Need help with a keg here with some new epics. Pit trap, Ruehin, or an animated King of Beggars (yes hes bad but movie card!)

As a Scoiatel player I'd recommend pit trap, but I'm a sucker for premiums, so I'd take the King.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

frajaq posted:

I'm glad they're not replacing the "rounds won" system because lmao I would be livid

like it still sucks getting "win X matches" with certain factions I don't have many cards with but at least it's not an issue like in Hearthstone

I'm just looking at it as bonus kegs I wouldn't have otherwise gotten. My Nilfgaard collection is really devoid of cards, but I can make competitive NR and ST decks and I have a full SK collection, so... I'll have a NG and Monsters quest in there forever, but hey free scraps for the other faction dailies!

Anyways, Axemen SK is pretty sweet until people start running gigni or scorch again. (you should really fun gigni right now)

63 point Derran in an 8 turn round :roflolmao:

e: holy poo poo, a 50 point harald the cripple

Minera fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Dec 20, 2017

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
spy NG was mostly unchanged

meanwhile SK gets smacked upside the head

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

geeeeeeez, aguara is disgusting especially in skellige decks running restore.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

The PS4 client keeps freezing in the deck builder :(

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Lol NG soldier swarm is pretty funny but the deck pretty much plays itself, I'm going to get bored of this before long. It can generate a hilarious amount of points though.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

On a pessimistic note, I feel like I'm still running into 40% nilfgaard spies. Real creative guys, I'll see you at the next gwent challenger :rolleyes:

On a positive note, I am very satisfied with a nilfgaard deck with usurper, slave drivers, vico medics, vico novices with ointment to respawn slave drivers, avallach: sage and blue dream. Every game is a different mess!

Captainicus fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Dec 20, 2017

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

rydiafan posted:

As a Scoiatel player I'd recommend pit trap, but I'm a sucker for premiums, so I'd take the King.

:same:

e: the holiday sale doesn't really seem to be worthwhile unless I'm wrong. Maybe if it was a legendary instead of epic

Knowlue fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Dec 20, 2017

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

General Morden posted:

spy NG was mostly unchanged

meanwhile SK gets smacked upside the head

SK now: :byobear:
If you aren't making at least three bears per round, you're not even trying.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

the RNG cards are.... good

e: they changed a lot of old flavorful names to simpler stuff, but then changed Earth Elemental to D'ao? :thunk:

frajaq fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Dec 20, 2017

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
New patch is weird, but I'm pretty sure right now I hate all the graphics changes and the way effects play out on the board now.

I can get used to everything else, but seeing those stupid little +1's or -1's and the way things like alzur's thunder look is terrible.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

Up Circle posted:

New patch is weird, but I'm pretty sure right now I hate all the graphics changes and the way effects play out on the board now.

I can get used to everything else, but seeing those stupid little +1's or -1's and the way things like alzur's thunder look is terrible.

I also do not like that change, makes it feel and look kind of clunky.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

frajaq posted:

e: they changed a lot of old flavorful names to simpler stuff, but then changed Earth Elemental to D'ao? :thunk:

It triggers me because D'ao are earth genies like Djinns are air's, earth elementals are an established monster in the Witcher universe and the card art clearly depicts one

e: though the named fire elemental is "Ifrit" while Sapkowski descibes fire genies as "afreet" so either genies and elementals are the same or cdpr is confused about their own licensed franchise

Trogdos! fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Dec 20, 2017

Magical Zero
Aug 21, 2008

The colour out of space.
Quite a lot of server issues right now. If you're going for a ladder push it might be worth waiting it out since you lose mmr when you get disconnected.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

Had a lot of server issues tonight, but NR Curse is stupidly fun. So far my favourite interaction is Olgeird coming back as two power in round three then turning him into a Cursed Knight.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Nekker Consume is still pretty viable despite the Deathwish change, mostly because there are two new ways to get the little bastards onto the board. Right now I'm only running one (plus Shadow and, if the draw doesn't cooperate too well, Slyzards), but that might change.

I'm using She-Troll: 1str silver that plays a bronze deathwish unit from your deck, consumes it, and gains its boosted power. Very, very good unless you get extraordinarily draw-screwed.

I'm seriously considering Brewess Ritual: 1str silver, resurrect two bronze deathwish units. Might potentially get draw-screwed in a different way, but with a hojillion (well, five-ish) tutors it gets even better.

Just need to figure out whether I like it more than Regis (maybe), Kayran (probably not), Ge'els (no), or Muzzle (maybe).

too bad I can't justify putting in a premium Parasite :saddowns:

Edit: gently caress don't have Ritual crafted and didn't realize it was a gold

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Myrmidongs posted:

Just an FYI because I spent a shitload of time searching for it: The quests can be found clicking the hamburger menu in the lower left corner of the main menu of the game.

oh god my quest log is going to be clogged forever with Not Monsters

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
Confirm that consume monsters is fun as gently caress.

Funnily enough, though, the decks strength has basically been flipped on it's head since last patch. Whereas before the entire deck was mostly carried by Nekker carryover and most opponents conceded round 2 on the spot, now the whole suite of core bronzes are incredibly strong (D'ao are 14 points, Celaeno Harpies are 15, etc), but round 2 is a huge problem because they can only reach their full strength by being consumed. The deck feels very vulnerable to being blown out by tempo after the board is wiped clean.

That said, I definitely think there is a possible mix of silvers and golds that perfectly facilitate D'ao/Harpy/Nekker + Vran/Barbegari/Forktail/??? bronze core, and once it's found the deck will rise back up in the meta. Right now, though, I don't think any list is refined enough to evenly match the raw strength of Spies or Bear Skellige.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

grudgingly switched Kayran for Ritual

I might switch Muzzle for Kayran, but god drat is Ritual a blowout card

almost certainly needs both true nekker-tutors though

it's also vulnerable to graveyard hate, fortunately not a single person is running it

Edit: also I'm waiting with bated breath for GwentUp to get properly updated because it's annoying to keep track of my in-deck nekker and harpy count manually. :mad:

Current deck:
Geralt Igni, Ge'els, Brewess Ritual, Muzzle
Toad Prince, Roach, Mourntart, Shadow, She-Troll, Monster Nest
Nekker Warrior, Forktail, Celaeno Harpy, Regular Harpy, Nekker, Slyzard

Yes, I know it's 28 cards, but as usual Roach and the Harpies exist to be drawn for free and aren't THAT big a mulligan problem. Cutting the harpies makes Celaenos worse and I'm not going to cut anything else bronze without a very good reason.

Most likely cuts: Muzzle, Roach, maaaaaaybe Igni if the meta feels wrong for him. Muzzle's so good at disrupting enemy plans, though. The rest feels pretty solid.

she-troll is almost certainly my best craft of the set, except perhaps for premium parasite

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Dec 21, 2017

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Did they change the Challenges or am I missing something? I hadn't finished them and have recently picked up the game again but I seem to remember there being more challenges and you picked your own deck to complete them instead of being given a deck.

Myrmidongs
Oct 26, 2010

nessin posted:

Did they change the Challenges or am I missing something? I hadn't finished them and have recently picked up the game again but I seem to remember there being more challenges and you picked your own deck to complete them instead of being given a deck.

You mean the themed events? Nah, they have always been premade decks / situations you have to puzzle out.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

nessin posted:

The old challenges still exist and I think a fresh account still needs to do them to unlock the leaders.

No clue if they changed them because nobody ever plays them more than once.

if they did it might be for the best, Monster 6 was vile

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

The old challenges still exist and I think a fresh account still needs to do them to unlock the leaders.

No clue if they changed them because nobody ever plays them more than once.

if they did it might be for the best, Monster 6 was vile

They changed them. You now play as the faction against various decks. The ordering of rewards was changed and monsters now awards Arachas Queen. In fact, Unseen Elder is now considered a "new" card and drops from kegs now. No, you can't get it retroactively, and at least one guy got owned by having completed half the skellige challenges before the patch and can no longer get a free copy of King Bran.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

ciri nova deck, fresh off the printer for you friends

leader is brouver, last two bronzes are first light/recon. turns out, now that nobody has good carryover, dorfs and their bad carryover are king. enough thinning with recon and elven mercenary and barclay to consistently grab ciri nova and saskia: destroyer.

use saskia to close out round 1 easily since you poo poo out like 15+ tokens on the board pretty frequently, then you can windmill slam ciri nova in round 2 or 3 to close the game out while your opponent struggles with resilient units, especially if you bleed them in round 2.

actually feels like a pretty Huge Brain deck to play, there's a lot of thinking about when to thin your deck to improve the odds of barclay or your end round draws without leaving your agitator pulls as duds and figuring out if you can keep up in tempo via 2-3 pull chains.

mahakam horn and first light I'm not sure about, everything else feels pretty good. horn subs could maybe be decoy, roach, or paulie dahlberg. first light could be another dwarf but you'd be losing some thinning.

if you're encountering a lot of weather, you can drop mahakam guard or dwarven skirmisher for dwarven mercs to pull poo poo out of weather and get more boost on your resilient units to keep them alive.

e: certified 2-0 bear killer

Minera fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Dec 21, 2017

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009

So, Odrin is immune to weather effects, and if your opponent has Full Moon down, it'll buff your moonlight units on the opposite row. Fun to discover.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

well that was a fun 2 days of people experimenting with cards, now all I see is NG Spies or SK Bears

draft mode please

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Played a game yesterday against somebody with a garbage deck. Finally figured out they had 25 different cards. Was excited for his last card to be Shupe. It was Coral. Guy straight up had a Shupe deck without Shupe. He had even played four gold cards, so I know he wasn't just draw screwed.

I felt blue-balled.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

frajaq posted:

well that was a fun 2 days of people experimenting with cards, now all I see is NG Spies or SK Bears

draft mode please

you'll pry my consume monsters from my cold dead pupil

Really looking forward to draft mode though, it's my favorite in basically every game.

Also against a lot of Nilfspy builds I can just munch on their bigger spies with Forktail and deprive them of value. :v:

"Hello, fellow monster, I am a monster like you and totally not a Nilfgaardiaaarghlglgl"

I'm also pondering a Swarm Monsters deck that still runs She-Troll... and Iris. Tutor out Iris at the end of a round, toss her immediately in the stewpot, buff your entire stupidly huge board. I love She-Troll. :allears: :

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Dec 21, 2017

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
FFS I've lost over 100RP today because this loving videogame keeps crashing to desktop. Is this just me or is it a known issue?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

its a known issue of servers being unstable lately

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah I completed my Scoia'tel quest literally entirely because of opponent disconnects. :toot:

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret
Any timeframe on when they might introduce drafting? Always loved that sort of thing.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The Lemondrop Dandy posted:

Any timeframe on when they might introduce drafting? Always loved that sort of thing.

They've been hinting at it constantly for some time now, I'd hope/expect/imagine it comes with the next big content update but who knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

I haven't played this in a while, but this patch looks godawful: https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/7krbyw/dumbed_down_or_simplified_cards/

Did they give any reasoning besides the obvious "we want to make this more Hearthstoney"?