Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

any zetas?

Not sure.

I can't beat part 2 of this loving Rey event. gently caress this game

Nm: forgot to level Chewie's abilities

UmOk fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Dec 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
What is babbys first hAAT team? It is about time i get some of those up and running. Looking at morningstar's list i can't fill a single one of those lineups, though i have 3/4 geared characters for many of them. (That list looks a bit old though)
I don't see any CLS in that list, is he not used for hAAT? My CLS team is getting quite strong so ill get him as soon as his event appears again.
Not really in a position to use a zeta for a hAAT only hero yet.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
CLS can solo p1 haat. Only hit the boss and stay in attack mode as often as possible, retreat around 4 turns to enrage (you can fail several times and still make it out usually) and repeat. He can also do decent dmg w other rebels in p2 or p4 and he's part of both of the weird mega comps out there.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ineptitude posted:

What is babbys first hAAT team? It is about time i get some of those up and running. Looking at morningstar's list i can't fill a single one of those lineups, though i have 3/4 geared characters for many of them. (That list looks a bit old though)
I don't see any CLS in that list, is he not used for hAAT? My CLS team is getting quite strong so ill get him as soon as his event appears again.
Not really in a position to use a zeta for a hAAT only hero yet.

That list is super out of date.

CLS running solo can do about 500k-2m (gear/mods/RNG) in P1 and retreat and do it again and again. I also use in in P4 with Wiggs, Leia, and Ezra which is a very strong team. Leia is replaceable by raid Han or R2 but you lose a ton of damage and need to micromanage buffs much more closely.

And of course CLS figures into the various superteams that clear 50-75% of the whole raid; CLS, BB8, Thrawn or R2 +2. (Ackbar lead and Assaj, Ackbar lead and Han, Rey lead and R2, Rey lead and T2, CLS lead, Han and Both Thrawn and R2... there’s a dozen variations, but you can see what they all have in common.)

Babbys first top tier HAAT team is probably zFinn Resistance with Poe and rTrooper; the other two slots shuffle depending on what phase you want to run them in (Pilot and BB8 are ideal in P2/4, BB8 and R2 in P3, Can use Rey as well, any combination of those three will be fine). All you need is Poe above 232 speed and G8+ to put up many millions of damage.

Chevy Slyme fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Dec 19, 2017

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Nice, just unlocked JRey. Should have her to a decent gear by tomorrow.

My arena Rogue squad has been underperforming. I'm looking to realign around Resistance -- if I were to run zFinn.g11 (L), JRey, and zzR2.g12, what are my best options for the other two pieces?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

mdemone posted:

My arena Rogue squad has been underperforming. I'm looking to realign around Resistance -- if I were to run zFinn.g11 (L), JRey, and zzR2.g12, what are my best options for the other two pieces?

Is Finn already zetaed? Because JRey will likely provide more mileage because she can be run with more varied resistance compositions. A team I'm thinking about right now is zJrey, zBB8, R2, Pilot, Rey. If my admittedly tired observation during P4 tank last night is anything to go by, each crit on Rey's special multi strike places and pops an expose with Jrey lead. Which had my poo poo gear Jrey, BB8, Finn, Rey, Barris team doing tons of damage.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

mdemone posted:

Drop Finn, add BB8, then two tanks. (Or a tank and a heavy hitter like Scav or CLS)

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

So for those of us who couldn't get her, how powerful is Jedi Rey? On the same level as CLS? Or stronger?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Canemacar posted:

So for those of us who couldn't get her, how powerful is Jedi Rey? On the same level as CLS? Or stronger?

She's not as versatile as CLS by a wide margin. I think once you quad zeta her and BB8, there's some loving annoying sticking factor in arena, but that's 80 fuckin' zeta mats.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Canemacar posted:

Less versatile but possibly stronger in her niche.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

I'm interested to see how a TLJ Luke hero turns out. You know he's going to have an ability based on THAT scene.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Canemacar posted:

I'm interested to see how a TLJ Luke hero turns out. You know he's going to have an ability based on THAT scene.

It would have to be some sort of unremoveable taunt, right?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Canemacar posted:

I’m thinking something similar to Hermit Yoda - except when he loses stealth he gains taunt and foresight; when he loses foresight, he gains stealth.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

CaptainPsyko posted:

I’m thinking something similar to Hermit Yoda - except when he loses stealth he gains taunt and foresight; when he loses foresight, he gains stealth.

I like this, this seems perfect.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Canemacar posted:

Milking a sea-cow?

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

CaptainPsyko posted:

I really like this idea. Call it "See You Around Kid."

UmOk posted:

Milking a sea-cow?

Duh. That's his self-heal.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Which bounty hunters are best for TB?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

She's not as versatile as CLS by a wide margin. I think once you quad zeta her and BB8, there's some loving annoying sticking factor in arena, but that's 80 fuckin' zeta mats.

She basically does what zFinn does but with more versatility in resistance picks. You're not pidgeonholed into having to have Finn, Poe, and RT to make it work, and that lets you run old Rey, which is some gross damage since yes, she can proc chain exposes on her multiattack. I'd say she makes Resistance even better for raids. I can't comment on arena until I get some zetas in there, which I'm pretty sure Discord would riot and I'd get kicked from QGJ if I didn't zeta my Nightsisters first.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

UmOk posted:

Which bounty hunters are best for TB?

Boba, Dengar, Zam, Instagram 88 +1

The +1 is either Greedo or Cad Bane.

Greedo is technically the more synergistic Choice as he provides lots of detonators for Zam to set off which rockers lotsnof TM under Boba lead BUUUUUUUT...

Greedo might be the single worst gear grind in the whole game. Certainly the worst when compared to the (lack of) power on the character receiving it.

So, there’s Cad Bane. His gear is less awful than Greedos, and he actually brings some nice tools including a stun that can be landed through foresight.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

CaptainPsyko posted:

Instagram 88 +1

:thumbsup:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Warmachine posted:

She basically does what zFinn does but with more versatility in resistance picks. You're not pidgeonholed into having to have Finn, Poe, and RT to make it work, and that lets you run old Rey, which is some gross damage since yes, she can proc chain exposes on her multiattack. I'd say she makes Resistance even better for raids. I can't comment on arena until I get some zetas in there, which I'm pretty sure Discord would riot and I'd get kicked from QGJ if I didn't zeta my Nightsisters first.

lol, we're not tryhards

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Imma fuckin riot

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

We're getting another swing at CLS next week.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Tell me how to beat this bad boy. Assuming I can finish this last tier of R2 and have any money left to star him (I won't).

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Is thrawn's unique zeta worth it?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WerrWaaa posted:

Tell me how to beat this bad boy. Assuming I can finish this last tier of R2 and have any money left to star him (I won't).

you get the money to star the legendary characters from the event themselves... you should also have just gotten 2m credits in the mail.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

Ebb & Flow is very good and worth it, yes.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

UmOk posted:

Depends on where you’re using him.

Assuming arena, yes, it’s very good. It punishes your opponent for trying to break fracture by killing him.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.

Chilichimp posted:

you get the money to star the legendary characters from the event themselves... you should also have just gotten 2m credits in the mail.

Yeah but I gotta star up Luke and Ben too.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

UmOk posted:

Yes.

His leader zeta? Meh. But his unique zeta? Hell yes.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I finally have everyone 7* for the R2D2 event and there is no way I can beat this. By the time I even get to take my first turn everyones half dead.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I just went through the exact same thing. I must have run it 40 or 50 times before the RNG lined up and I had a chance.

It's complete bullshit. Basically, retry and pray.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

thrawn527 posted:

Yes.

Actually his leader zeta owns too.

It might even be the better of his two Zetas, but you do need some supporting pieces to get the most out of it. (Notably, Stormtrooper and Shoretrooper)

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Nipponophile posted:

I just went through the exact same thing. I must have run it 40 or 50 times before the RNG lined up and I had a chance.

It's complete bullshit. Basically, retry and pray.

I ended up shuffling mods around and buying a few gear pieces. Once I figured out to hammer R2-D2 first I beat it well only losing RG. I figured there was no way I was gonna beat it at first cause I was getting wiped out with Vader leader until I switched to EP.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

Yes.

His leader Zeta loving OWNS for empire squads tho

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

I finally have everyone 7* for the R2D2 event and there is no way I can beat this. By the time I even get to take my first turn everyones half dead.

put speed mods on them?

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Warmachine posted:

I’m not about to kick anyone for putting Zetas where they want. Do you, man.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Chilichimp posted:

His leader Zeta loving OWNS for empire squads tho

Oh? I’m still using Zader for my Empire squad leader. 2% protection gain just seems so small, even if it happens a lot.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

thrawn527 posted:

Oh? I’m still using Zader for my Empire squad leader. 2% protection gain just seems so small, even if it happens a lot.

It’s 2% on buff and debuff gain and buff and debuff loss. So 4% per instance. Pair with AoE buff machines like Storm and Shore in the current debuff heavy meta environment and it adds up real fast. Also Maneuver owns.

It’s a Real Good Zeta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Sure, NOW you guys mention this stuff. For a while, everyone's all, "Ebb and Flow is where it's at!" I zeta that literally yesterday, suddenly everyone's all, "His leader zeta, though..."

Kidding, farming zetas doesn't actually take too long, and since I also just got him to gear 12 this morning, I'd say I'm rather invested in him, so no reason not to double zeta him.

edit: So who should I build up to be on a team with him? My Empire team is currently Zader, zThrawn, Tarkin, TFP, and Palp. Stormtrooper and Shoretrooper? I take it keep Tarkin, and TFP, lose Zader and Palp?

And Shoretrooper is only farmable from a level 9 hard node on Light Side that I haven't beaten yet, so...that's probably not happening for a while.

edit2: Nvm, asked and answered in Discord.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Dec 22, 2017