Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I was pristine until this year then I got a single bullshit probe and decided to pull my posting pants down and keep them down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

The Big Word posted:

I was pristine until this year then I got a single bullshit probe and decided to pull my posting pants down and keep them down

Once you pop your probation cherry, you stop giving a poo poo about keeping your record clean and start caring about how many dumbshit probations you can pick up. There are some exceptionally impressive rap sheets on these dead gay forums.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

non-anonymous confession: for many years, I thought IK stood for "Idiot King"

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries

runupon cracker posted:

non-anonymous confession: for many years, I thought IK stood for "Idiot King"

Wait, it doesn't? :psyduck:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

the puppetmaster checked back in

quote:

Hey all, Puppetmaster here.

I've been taking a break after getting someone I strongly dislike a very long probe. I was hoping for a ban but they keep getting handed 30s, guess I'm losing my touch.

Anyways, I have a new passion: trolling Redditors then downvoting them when they complain.

I didn't plan it originally. Goffman's Presentation of Self in Everyday life discusses how we have different personas in different situations. So I had a few Reddit accounts. One tied to the real me for posting in my home city, a shitposting account, a lulzly weird one. And then most of those has been swapped (ex: move to a new city, new reddit name). So I had about 8 accounts, all prefilled in the Reddit extension's account switcher.

So I'd come into a post on say, /r/relationships and troll the poo poo out of the person. "Oh, so you snooped on your partner's phone? And then you *yelled* because he's been banging his way across Tinder? Textbook narccistic abuse!" that sort of thing. Then when they protest I'd downvote... and here comes the best part: Redditors are lemmings. If they see a Hot Take that's +5, a whiny reply that's -4, they'll do the rest.

The best is they rarely catch on. One guy did recently (or was just a MAGA chud who yells about brigading any time he goes negative).

However, he started yelling about how someone who wandered in and helped troll him was an "obvious alt" and reported it to the subreddit mods and the admins... the mods messaged me to apologize and said they'd banned him.

So now anyone who accuses my shitposting account of brigading will appear to be a whiny MAGA chud, which is funny. I don't use my accounts as sockpuppets, I just downvote the other guy and let the hivemind do the work for me.

However, I feel like Reddit's algorithms are catching on, possibly because all these accounts share an IP (even if it's an IP behind a VPN). Often I'll put in 5-6 votes and find they got wiped (never took effect silently).

So I've been experimenting with Tor. I've got a few accounts registered on Tor made... often when I try to register them it refuses to serve the CAPTCHA so it's slow going. But I've got two throwaways with no post history and two with a decent post history. Over time, I browse Reddit on Tor and when I want to make a comment, pick an alt to post it with.

It seems to work better, my votes don't seem to disappear. But if I vote in quick succession they still get rolled back, so I have to set a timer and vote 10+ minutes apart to nudge a post down all while voting on cute cat pics as well to fuzz.

It's hard work but it's paying off.

I've also got a special project in the works, but I'll save that for once it's completed...

Reddit karma farming isn't hard, just find a place where someone has made a reference to a TV show and respond to it with the next line in that scene

quote:

If the NY AG's lawsuit against the FCC nuking Net Nutrality fails I want you all to know I don't regret writting the comparison of everyone in the Greed circle of Hell getting boiled by Satan's jizz in hell in the articles about "FCC falsified my name to sign antiNN comments lawsuit responses".

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Tax Inductions posted:

Wait, it doesn't? :psyduck:

*looks as SAclopedia*

...hello, Internet? Yes, I'd like to revise my earlier confession...

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Puppetmaster needs a new hobby. I'm just picturing the WoW griefer from South Park.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Theophany posted:

Puppetmaster needs a new hobby. I'm just picturing the WoW griefer from South Park.

You're lucky this isn't Reddit, pal. I would ...err... The Puppetmaster would totally downvote you.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gonna need someone else who is also having a stroke translate that second confession please.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
I used to be scared of posting from like, 2005-2017 but now I think I went too far in the other direction.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

LingcodKilla posted:

How the hell you go 17 years without anything on your rapsheet?

Post Rate
0.21 per day

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Theophany posted:

Once you pop your probation cherry, you stop giving a poo poo about keeping your record clean and start caring about how many dumbshit probations you can pick up. There are some exceptionally impressive rap sheets on these dead gay forums.

If you don't have two pages worth I don't even

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Burt Sexual posted:

Post Rate
0.21 per day

Good lord I'm at 3.8%

Gonna hit 21k of poop soon.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Theophany posted:

i just want gene's attention even if it's negative :(

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I still think my 2nd last probation was wack

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The puppetmaster confessions are getting sadder and sadder. It's kind of awesome, I feel like the next one is going to be "I got my mom to tell me to move out of the basement hehehehe" I love them

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

LingcodKilla posted:

How the hell you go 17 years without anything on your rapsheet?

quote:

There have been 1294 posts made by yello, an average of 0.21 posts per day, since registering on Nov 27, 2000.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

runupon cracker posted:

*looks as SAclopedia*

...hello, Internet? Yes, I'd like to revise my earlier confession...

cmon you gotta say what you thought it was

dante confessor is doing the Lord's work

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Internet Kommisar?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I'm pretty sure 3/4 of my posts are "gently caress da *insert sports team here*"

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

Gonna need someone else who is also having a stroke translate that second confession please.

"there is a possibility i will regret posting something mean in a place nobody will ever read"

I think that's it.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Lemon posted:

I still think my 2nd last probation was wack

why you got a 6er for a good post, its something to be proud of?

yello
Nov 28, 2000

Jesus Fucking Christ I posted in a stupid GBS avatar thread and some piece of shit saddled me with this spiteful nightmare fuel.
Grimey Drawer

poo poo I would have said like 1/15th of that. Y’all give me a new reason to live

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

yello posted:

poo poo I would have said like 1/15th of that. Y’all give me a new reason to live

:justpost:

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
So, with the TJ Miller sex monster news, I have decided it was *definitely* him who confessed to the shoe thing.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Slugworth posted:

So, with the TJ Miller sex monster news, I have decided it was *definitely* him who confessed to the shoe thing.

What tj Miller sex monster news?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

maskenfreiheit posted:

What tj Miller sex monster news?

https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/19/16797462/tj-miller-silicon-valley-sexual-physical-assault-accusation

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Jesus.

Random aside but was reading a book on psychopathy/sociopathy recently and apparently frequent drug use is a good red flag.

If you can think of any other notable jerkish potheads, they’re probably a creep

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

maskenfreiheit posted:

Jesus.

Random aside but was reading a book on psychopathy/sociopathy recently and apparently frequent drug use is a good red flag.

If you can think of any other notable jerkish potheads, they’re probably a creep
Beiber?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

Ive fought depression for several years. It's all rooted in a childhood of physical and sexual abuse. I got things together long enough to get married, have a couple kids, buy a house, etc. My wife is a psychologist. She works with all these crazies and gives everything to support them, but when I say I'm feeling down she screams at me to get my poo poo together. I have these kids I love but I'm at a complete loss on how to care for them (every idea I have is dismissed as retarded or abusive by my wife)

I used to daydream every day about killing myself but now I daydream about running away to central America (yo speako espanol) because I get the idea that splattering my brain over the kitchen ceiling will vindicate her.

I'm currently drunk in the middle of the night weighing getting a passport or a gun. Fun times.

Ok priority one is probably to get a therapist that is not your wife

More of a support structure in general really, you need someone to talk to about this stuff that is not GBS. And yeah from this post alone it sounds like you should get a divorce but first things first :shrug:

Anyway it's been a while since we had a UFO fesh

quote:

I have news for you goons: UFOS. ARE. REAL.

I know this, because like Gary McKinnon[0], I am a hacker. This, coupled with unique access I had as part of my work in Washington has given me some unique insights. Yeah, that's right. Hacking isn't always about pulling weird Mr. Robot poo poo - sometimes it's about writing a perl script to try logging in with no password to a bunch of machines, or scanning a bunch of machines for out of date software I can run a canned exploit on, or stalking employees and gaining enough information to get them to do what I want.

Since WWII the Allies often spotted "Foo fighters"[1]. The Americans assumed they were German, the Germans thought they were American, and after the war everyone thought they were Soviet and after the USSR collapsed everyone kind of was like... well... poo poo.

The bad news? There were no crashed UFOs, no alien bodies, no anal probes (sorry Fruit on the Bottom, I know you were getting excited just reading this)

The truth is a little more boring. These objects appear every once in a while and zip around, doing their own thing. They don't appear aggeessive, but any attempt at intercepting them fails.

The working theory is that they're very advanced UAVs, since given the g-forces present during their manouvers it's hard to picture any carbon based lifeform staying conscious.

My personal theory is they're probes of some sort. And who knows, maybe a few hundred years down the line some bigger ship will show up to say hello? These ships appear to be governed by the speed of light - they don't just appear or disappear, they just move faster than today's planes and change direction with a rapidity that would sheer an F117 apart.

So the government just kind of... ignores them. They don't want to acknowledge they're not ours because This Is A Post 9/11 World And Unknown Things Are Scary. Technically we can't prove they're alien, just not made on this world. Maybe they're relics of a long dead civilization, like a Roomba smearing cat poo poo around the corpe of a Bethesda shut in.

So they just kind of carry on doing nothing. Much like North Korea.

Nobody calls them out on it since either they'd also look incompetent, or they're a pissant country the aliens don't care about.

Atomic stuff seems to attract them. Recent research shows you can detect atomic explosions from space so it's not out of the realm of possibility probes are sent to areas that look like they could have planets with life, and the development of atomic weaponry draws in probes for further study.

You may think I'm crazy or bullshitting you but it's true:

https://nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/pentagon-program-ufo-harry-reid.html

https://nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/unidentified-flying-object-navy.html

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/12/16/pentagon-ufo-search-harry-reid-216111

There's other things the conspiracy theories get right too. For example, the existence of aliens is hidden from most presidents since presidents are temporary. But the Queen of England is briefed, and actually serves as a sort of "head ambassador" to the ETs, given her unique influence in the three important areas of the world: The Commonwealth, The EU, and America.

There's a strong chance America's dotard president may use revealing some of what I've said to get the heat off. It's either that or legalize weed. But that could backfire. Much like with Snowden and Wikileaks and the Panama Papers, or the fact Saudis did 9/11, they expect hidden truths to be extraordinary. The truth is never far from the surface in the modern world, so when revealed the internet hipsters exclaim their triumphant yell:

That's not news we've known that for years!

[0] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_McKinnon <-- unlike this gently caress I use Tor, SUCK IT GCHQ
[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foo_fighter

I think this is the DC leaker guy; he's the only one I've seen use footnotes like this

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

UFO confesh: Trump's brain is Alzheimer's mush meaning he might force the aliens to attack us Mars Attacks! style.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

marathon Stairmaster sesh posted:

UFO confesh: Trump's brain is Alzheimer's mush meaning he might force the aliens to attack us Mars Attacks! style.

Someone needs to do a mars invasion on Fox and Friends, "War of the Worlds" style. I wanna see what two scoops will tweet at the alien invaders.

Crooked Hill and the DEMOCRATS have been colluding with the Alien Martians! SAD! We will never allow the covefe

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Just because your wife is a psychologist doesn't mean you are entitled to her services for free. When she says "get your poo poo together" she means "go see a therapist that isn't me". It's like how when you have a doctor in the family and everyone expects them to check out their rear end rash or lump in their balls so they can avoid going to see their own doctor. Nobody likes that, they would prefer to leave their work at work just like you do.

Your wife presumably married you because she likes you as a person, not as a patient. Stop trying to turn your relationship into that.

UFO guy, that was a whole lot of words to say basically nothing. Also if you want to convince anybody of anything, don't cite wikipedia articles.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Just because your wife is a psychologist doesn't mean you are entitled to her services for free. When she says "get your poo poo together" she means "go see a therapist that isn't me". It's like how when you have a doctor in the family and everyone expects them to check out their rear end rash or lump in their balls so they can avoid going to see their own doctor. Nobody likes that, they would prefer to leave their work at work just like you do.

Your wife presumably married you because she likes you as a person, not as a patient. Stop trying to turn your relationship into that.

Careful you don't cut yourself on that edge bro.

He's not entitled to 45 minute counseling sessions, but part of being in a relationship is providing support to each other. And even if he is relying on her too much, she should say "Listen, I can't be your therapist *and* your wife, you need to make an appointment with a pychologist" not "GET YOUR poo poo TOGETHER REEEEEEE"

I work in IT for example. My girlfriends are not "entitled to my services for free" - I would not, for example, make her a website. But if the router was acting up or she wanted some help setting up 2FA on her gmail I'd be happy to help.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

:lol: What kind of rear end in a top hat wouldn't make their wife a website?

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

RCarr posted:

:lol: What kind of rear end in a top hat wouldn't make their wife a website?

That is a really weird limit to set. Like, yeah, I've rebuilt bathrooms and closets for my wife to use, I'm not sure why it'd even be a thing.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
This is a ridiculous comparison, there are massive ethical issues with being romantically engaged with someone and treating them psychologically but constantly calling you a retard or abusive seems like a red flag.

My brother is a cook. He cooks us dinner like once a week. Every other meal I cook or we order out because it’s his job and he doesn’t wanna loving do it all the time.

After dealing with psychos all day I’m sure the last thing she wants is to hold your hand through your issues and she finally gets to just say “shut up you crazy dweeb” but obviously that’s not helpful.

PS they are your kids. If they are fed and clean and going to school and you aren’t hurting them, Surprise, you are basically 80% of the way to being a great dad. If she doesn’t like how you raise them last that, TOUGH TANOOKIS sweetheart, they aren’t hers

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Triangle Shirt Factotum posted:

That is a really weird limit to set. Like, yeah, I've rebuilt bathrooms and closets for my wife to use, I'm not sure why it'd even be a thing.

Well for one thing, a bathroom, once built exists.

A website is going to require ongoing maintanence. You need to keep the software up to date, and depending on her technical level she may even need someone to alter the text etc. It's not just a once and done thing.

Also, you presumably also get a benefit from the bathroom. Less so when your MFA girlfriend wants a "cool website" to show off her two whole publications (and a bunch of instagram photos)

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

maskenfreiheit posted:

Careful you don't cut yourself on that edge bro.

He's not entitled to 45 minute counseling sessions, but part of being in a relationship is providing support to each other. And even if he is relying on her too much, she should say "Listen, I can't be your therapist *and* your wife, you need to make an appointment with a pychologist" not "GET YOUR poo poo TOGETHER REEEEEEE"

I work in IT for example. My girlfriends are not "entitled to my services for free" - I would not, for example, make her a website. But if the router was acting up or she wanted some help setting up 2FA on her gmail I'd be happy to help.

Confessor spotted.

That router comparison is absurd. He clearly wants full-on counseling from her, not just some quick reassurances that are normal in any relationship.

Plus there are the ethical issues Bust Rodd mentioned. There's a reason why any reputable therapist would refer you to another one if they started to develop romantic feelings for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

yeah I eat rear end posted:

It sounds like his wife loving hates his guts. Being supportive of your partner is one thing. Asking to not be your partner's therapist is another. Shouting "GET YOUR poo poo TOGETHER" is very different than asking to not be a therapist. Get a divorce, guy.