Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
male and female characters have different hitboxes, dudes can go a little further out in water and still stand and can mine at the water table easier, lady dudes make smaller mineshafts that dudes have trouble getting into which makes me laugh every time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.
Don't make a female character that you plan to mine with though, because the tunnels are differently sized for men and women. Male characters have to crouch in combat mode or do some weird juking to fit in a female sized hole.

Yeah they do.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

if you bought the 30bux pack you can just make a male crafter and a female pvp character and min/max stats

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

andromache posted:

Male characters have to crouch in combat mode or do some weird juking to fit in a female sized hole.

Worth it. :smug:

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Where there's a hole there's a goal.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

andromache posted:

Don't make a female character that you plan to mine with though, because the tunnels are differently sized for men and women. Male characters have to crouch in combat mode or do some weird juking to fit in a female sized hole.

Yeah they do.

the glass ceiling is made of rock

and men can't fit

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Tactical Lesbian posted:

if you bought the 30bux pack you can just make a male crafter and a female pvp character and min/max stats

If I do this, will I be screwing over the guild or whatever it's called? The alt account was intended to go join globby in griefing peeps, but I don't want my main in goondor to be a slob.

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...
Of course, from reading the patchnotes you'll probably end up with more (not necessarily beneficial) bugs relating to animations/etc on females too:

Example:

quote:

Female model shield hitbox and coordinates calculations are fixed. That should make blocking with female models more adequate.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Dr. Pangloss posted:

If I do this, will I be screwing over the guild or whatever it's called? The alt account was intended to go join globby in griefing peeps, but I don't want my main in goondor to be a slob.

from what i understand, if you go ganking you'll tank your alignment pretty quickly and you'll burn your :10bux: or whatever the abella ticket costs in funnymoney but clearly we've all paid 10bux for less

if your alignment drops too low, you're basically hosed but if it's specifically a gankmans character and you're only warping catalysts straight to your targets it's probably fine.

wiat wrong game

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

Any build you make is fun, but if you want a little bit more information on viable builds.
PvP Builds

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
why the x1 skills

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

why the x1 skills

For insurance purposes, if you lose a skill with the subscription you will lose .8, it covers the loss.

You can play around with some of the builds to drop a point or two into intellect. To increase some of the skills to 90 if that is your thing. These are the current builds my group is utilizing and it has worked out pretty well so far.

Equate fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Dec 19, 2017

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Also if we dont collapse in the next two weeks I hope that the shovel sheriffs have managed to enforce order in a lawless land and I can come back to a peaceful shovel ruled society

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

Sorry if it's confusing, you don't dump your initial stats into agility because agility is super easy to grind up, whereas constitution is not, and it gives you a decent chunk of EHP (15%), and if you choose instead to go agility you can over write that 15 con in 10 minutes, but overwriting the agi to con takes significantly longer (hours probably).

get:

artisan 30, everything else into natures' lore
slinging to 55
dump everything into con

you need to select KHOOR to get this stat distribution

ok, so I followed this build. last night I got to detroit, I got a torch, I figured out how to build a wall and hit it with the torch and gather plant fibers and stuff. My strength is a mighty 13 now. What's my :shobon: goal for right now? Just keep plugging away at that fence and harvesting stuff to build my skills. Is there anything someone like this dude can do to help the overall effort other than just be better?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Dr. Pangloss posted:

ok, so I followed this build. last night I got to detroit, I got a torch, I figured out how to build a wall and hit it with the torch and gather plant fibers and stuff. My strength is a mighty 13 now. What's my :shobon: goal for right now? Just keep plugging away at that fence and harvesting stuff to build my skills. Is there anything someone like this dude can do to help the overall effort other than just be better?

You're going to want to get your strength to at LEAST ~30, so you can use most non-2h weapons and equip all the gear you need. In discord there is a ton of pinned info about how to grind skills up easily.

If you're going to go mostly crafting, Willpower/Intelligence are your stat priorities, for PVP it tends to be agility/constitution

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Dr. Pangloss posted:

don't listen to kimsemus i don't think he's killed a single guy in this game

hit the walls until you max out your attribute cap, make sure you eat good detroit food and you can do it in like an hour

once you do that you can come pvp all you want, just pm me on discord

or if you wanna contribute to the castle idk dig dirt?

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Dec 20, 2017

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

hit the walls until you max out your attribute cap, make sure you eat good detroit food and you can do it in like an hour

once you do that you can come pvp all you want, just pm me on discord

or if you wanna contribute to the castle idk dig dirt?

-40 alignment, I definitely am actually killing way too many people

that maybe don't deserve it :v:

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Dude can’t even call compass headings when trying to run a 20 person warband.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

VulgarandStupid posted:

Dude can’t even call compass headings when trying to run a 20 person warband.

im going to beat you to death in your autistic death arena

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Kimsemus posted:

im going to beat you to death in your autistic death arena

You should hold some team vs team practice matches in there so people practice not wrecking their own team. Double up on DN’s training.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

consider playing some arma 3? hth

CONTACT TWO TIMES TECHNICAL TWO ONE ZERO OUT IN THE OPEN

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

Kimsemus posted:

-40 alignment, I definitely am actually killing way too many people

that maybe don't deserve it :v:

Don't go below -49, no way back from there.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

We should start running skins vs tabards practice weapons fights to train battling beyond 1v1 spars. There is a SHITLOAD of teamhitting going on, like dudes sideswinging stopped horses/knocked down riders instead of chopping.

I have been travelling recently btw, should be on again later this week.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Justin Tyme posted:

We should start running skins vs tabards practice weapons fights to train battling beyond 1v1 spars. There is a SHITLOAD of teamhitting going on, like dudes sideswinging stopped horses/knocked down riders instead of chopping.

I have been travelling recently btw, should be on again later this week.

Not to mention point blank crossbow headshot friendly fire... this is a game that needs to be learned to not be horrible and not be a detriment and/or cannon fodder.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Is there a place where goons mention if you PVP too much in this game and die you lose skills that take tens of hours to re-grind? In addition do you guys mention it costs real money to make a new character?

Someone should inform me how these goons are all supporting themselves financially while playing these poopsockgames.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Dec 21, 2017

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
That's only true if you random gank. Guild wars don't cost alignment.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Had a massive war break out tonight, enemy ambushed us, breaking our truce, and was talking mad poo poo:

then, our allies came and assisted our brave defenders, and we deleted them, basically:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Dec 21, 2017

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I killed two mans and a horse, fighting unarmored is actually kinda nice.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
I started a new alt, ran it down to goonfort and saw some oath breakers, raised the alarm and we killed two mans. Had a bunch of other mans come over and we had a nice fight.

I killed 2 nerds and one horse with a simple crossbow on a 2 hour old character.

scored some awesome poo poo including 3 horses.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Simon Numbers posted:

I started a new alt, ran it down to goonfort and saw some oath breakers, raised the alarm and we killed two mans. Had a bunch of other mans come over and we had a nice fight.

I killed 2 nerds and one horse with a simple crossbow on a 2 hour old character.

scored some awesome poo poo including 3 horses.

same, but everyday, and multiple times per day

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Making me feel some Betrayal in Antara feels.

Probably will start playing this weekend, just haven't had a whole ton of time lately.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Not to mention point blank crossbow headshot friendly fire... this is a game that needs to be learned to not be horrible and not be a detriment and/or cannon fodder.

Pretty awesome actually because we'll be head and shoulders above the pubbies once we get it figured out I think.

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Dec 21, 2017

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

put your alt into my pvp guild and assassinate plebs with me

forge
Feb 26, 2006
So four of us killed 11 Everstorm dudes and took no deaths. We insta popped a afk dude at the logging op. We then followed a dude up to the keep he opened the door, picked up a log and went in. We followed and the slaughtering began. They started logging out after a while because of res sickness, they couldn't do anything.

Plus more poo poo we didn't ss.

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Well done goons. Be sure to hop on their discord after and call them racial epithet's also!

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

What all happened this JH?

Werkwerk
Dec 23, 2003
Fat.
Last night at nerd fite hour (Judgement Hour) 20 brave goons climbed to the top of a mountain overlooking some pubbie friends who were under siege by a horde of hostile RP nerds. Our heroic goons, undaunted by the overwhelming odds facing them, took aim and repeatedly fired volleys into the enemy until the RPers were obliterated much like this miniature Christmas tree. At the end they attempted to retreat in disarray and many enemy nerds were killed. Only one goon was injured in the fighting.
https://streamable.com/m7rw0

Join today and you too can obliterate RP nerds!

In other news, Everstorm nerds have conceded to goon superiority and surrendered their weird little town claim thing on server 13 to the goon masses.

Werkwerk fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Dec 24, 2017

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Truly a Crimbus miracle, Gorb has delivered victory!

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
I think we've figured out that the best way of producing tier 2 and 3 armor is to take one hardwood billet, 1 feather and 1 metal band. Using this you make 10 bodkin arrows, you then take those arrows and shoot someone in the face then steal their armor.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

"don't test it with a 33 quality horse come get a poo poo horse"

This horse died in the name of science, but at least we know defensive fences loving own.

Update: We ate the horse with peas.

Simon Numbers fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Dec 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

:siren: the keep foundation has been placed :siren:

We need to make chaingangs at a granite quarry to knock out the shaped granite, we're finishing the shaped stone now.

• Locked thread