Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
its bernie sanders fault for not letting the Literally gently caress Everyone But the Rich Bill to pass for another day, what the heck buddy!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

anime was right posted:

its bernie sanders fault for not letting the Literally gently caress Everyone But the Rich Bill to pass for another day, what the heck buddy!!

not very decorum of him, tbh

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

punk rebel ecks posted:

Do people on here dislike the Young Turks? If so why?

People don't like to get their information from people calling themselves the Turkish equivalent of the Hitler Youth, even if they do lean left

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

what about gray wolves

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Jerry Nadler won the House Judiciary seat over Zoe Lofgren, which is probably better for a lot of reasons, antitrust among them. Zoe is firmly in Google's pocket.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I can't believe Bernie wrote and passed the tax bill

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Republicans added language to the tax bill that would have exempted Berea College specifically from the tax on college endowments. It was one of the things that Sanders and Wyden raised with the senate parliamentarian that led to the revote after removing that language.

It's obvious that the NY Times has received their orders to punch left at any chance (see also, Maggia Haberman's dishonest tweet suggesting Jane Sanders was friendly with Arpaio), because that take is astoundingly dishonest.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

WOW! President Bernie!!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

even while out of power bernie strikes at the enemies of america like private colleges

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

joepinetree posted:

Republicans added language to the tax bill that would have exempted Berea College specifically from the tax on college endowments. It was one of the things that Sanders and Wyden raised with the senate parliamentarian that led to the revote after removing that language.

It's obvious that the NY Times has received their orders to punch left at any chance (see also, Maggia Haberman's dishonest tweet suggesting Jane Sanders was friendly with Arpaio), because that take is astoundingly dishonest.

i think its less that the reporters at the nyt have been ordered to attack bernie and more that they already hate bernie because they are ideologically opposed. its impossible to get more coastal media elite than writer at the nyt. it filters out everyone else and then once you get to the most rarified bubble in the country theres pressure to adopt the standing ideology

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Jonathan Weisman is to Jews what TaNehisi Coates is to black people.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Shear Modulus posted:

i think its less that the reporters at the nyt have been ordered to attack bernie and more that they already hate bernie because they are ideologically opposed. its impossible to get more coastal media elite than writer at the nyt. it filters out everyone else and then once you get to the most rarified bubble in the country theres pressure to adopt the standing ideology

I get what you mean, but there's practically no difference between someone who has standing orders to attack Bernie, and someone who ends up doing so out of plain ideological and material interest.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

But you can bet that a similar level of dishonest attacks against virtually any other political figure would be met with internal censure.

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

Give the Republicans what they want NOW or else it might be worse in the future?

Am I reading man's argument incorrectly? Is this what 'cuck' is?

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Succ Zone?

https://twitter.com/politico/status/943521403512475649

Succ Zone!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

weas expecting a parody lol

succ

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Yep, they sure won on the backs of Jones strengths as opposed to his opponent being somebody who makes Trump look downright normal and on the up and up.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
dog jones
dog jones
alone in the world was a little dog jones

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

First as history then as farce

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
look, we just need republicans to run pedophiles from now until the end of history, and then democrats might win something finally

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
who let the Dougs out
who
who
who

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

DiscountDildos posted:

Give the Republicans what they want NOW or else it might be worse in the future?

Am I reading man's argument incorrectly? Is this what 'cuck' is?

the argument is unimportant, it's just window dressing for the true message of "BERNIE BAD!"

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Opinion: the Democrats need a new John Kerry

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Taintrunner posted:

look, we just need republicans to run pedophiles from now until the end of history, and then democrats might win something finally

It wasn't just being a pedophile though. He had like 10,000 other things going against him that made him unqualified to even be a dog catcher. The pedophile thing was just the last straw to both make Republicans stay home and make democrats turn out.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i knew it was bill scher before i even clicked on it

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Thoguh posted:

It wasn't just being a pedophile though. He had like 10,000 other things going against him that made him unqualified to even be a dog catcher. The pedophile thing was just the last straw to both make Republicans stay home and make democrats turn out.

yeah.

https://twitter.com/JoshuaGreen/status/942876247742386176

the pedophile thing was decisive, as anyone might have guessed, but doug was doing pretty well given it's alabama even before that

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

https://www.chronicle.com/article/A-Small-College-With-a-Big/242094

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

*looks at election results*
"We gotta get blander."

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i knew it was bill scher before i even clicked on it

:thunk:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

My history teacher would have taken five points off a paper, if I wrote anything as incomprehensible as that. Like seriously do any of these lovely lib or con online zines hire editors?

Crowsbeak has issued a correction as of 18:32 on Dec 20, 2017

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

People got passionate about getting out the vote for Captain Mediocrity to eke out a narrow victory over the literal antichrist, so clearly we need less passion and more mediocrity.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Crowsbeak posted:

My history teacher would have taken five points off a paper, if I wrote anything as incomprehensible as that. Like seriously do any of these sitty lib or con online zines hire editors?

These are probably the sorts of places that don't pay their writers, even.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lol how delusional do you have to be to truly think this? our pundit class is full of the biggest morons

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Captain_Maclaine posted:

*looks at election results*
"We gotta get blander."

Mother likes her candidates very bland

*picture of Jon Ossoff* oh no no no. this won't do at all. no no no, Mother must have her candidates very bland

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Unshook Nate made fun of the "Doug Jones shows we need to elect bland suburban dudes" hot take on the 538 podcast this week, featuring Harry Enten doing a Jon Ossoff / Elmo impression.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Joementum posted:

Unshook Nate made fun of the "Doug Jones shows we need to elect bland suburban dudes" hot take on the 538 podcast this week, featuring Harry Enten doing a Jon Ossoff / Elmo impression.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSVw6djRhzk

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Crowsbeak posted:

My history teacher would have taken five points off a paper, if I wrote anything as incomprehensible as that. Like seriously do any of these sitty lib or con online zines hire editors?

Editor's Note: We've adjusted the why it matters paragraph for clarity

"Why it matters: The media often appraises presidencies and politics through liberal-tinted glasses. But the vast majority of the Republican Party like, even love, these policies. (Worth noting: A majority of America opposes Trump and most of his policies.)'

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i need to laugh a lil

whats the dumbest thing daou has said in the past couple days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Squizzle posted:

i need to laugh a lil