Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

What are the white arrows exactly? The same ones that show where damage is coming from but white instead of red.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Jack Trades posted:

What are the white arrows exactly? The same ones that show where damage is coming from but white instead of red.

I think red arrows are bullets that have hit you, and white arrows are near misses.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Jack Trades posted:

Near misses by enemy bullets from unsuppressed guns.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

slap me and kiss me posted:

I think red arrows are bullets that have hit you, and white arrows are near misses.

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Near misses by enemy bullets from unsuppressed guns.

Thanks.

EDIT: Also, one more question.
What's a good Attacker operator for a new player?

My aim is kinda bad but I want to play an operator that would be most helpful to my team.
As Defender I usually play Rook or Doc, that way I'm helpful even if I don't kill anyone, but I'm not sure who to play as the Attacker.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Dec 20, 2017

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Double welcome

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Do suppressed guns not provide indicators?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Castle Buff when?

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

BadLlama posted:

Not for some time. It's one of their their only advantage.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

BadLlama posted:

They don't provide proximity indicators, but still provide hurt indicators.

tjones
May 13, 2005
Make castles barricades go to the floor so they will block drones, please.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Castle Buff when?

If Castle got two armor rolls that functioned like reinforced walls but could still be broken by a couple dozen melee hits, I'd be down. He'd definitely get way more play now that there's so many breachers.

E: and make them go to the floor, yes

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

They don't provide proximity indicators, but still provide hurt indicators.

Right on, I thought they did something with the indicators but couldn't remember. Almost never fight anyone using one.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Jack Trades posted:

Thanks.

My aim is kinda bad but I want to play an operator that would be most helpful to my team.
As Defender I usually play Rook or Doc, that way I'm helpful even if I don't kill anyone, but I'm not sure who to play as the Attacker.

Blackbeard will allow you to take more damage in a firefight and prevent you from getting headshot, so the enemy will die before you do more often. He's also good at peeking into windows.
Thatcher's EMPs will break 90% of defenders' gadgets through walls and will allow a Thermite or Hibana to breach a reinforced wall even if Bandit had electrified it. His rifle and pistol are both very good.
Twitch also has a great assault rifle, a somewhat small profile, and can kill cameras indoors during Prep

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Jack Trades posted:

Thanks.

Ash is pretty forgiving to play. Good guns, high speed, hilarious gadget. Your job is to take 3 breaching charges and just gently caress holes in everything. They reinforced the walls? Blow holes in the floor/ceiling

See also: Zophia.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Jack Trades posted:

My aim is kinda bad

thatcher can spam aoe nades that take out gadgets and cameras so even if there isn't a thermite or hibana to assist you can still play him as a sort of mine sniffer and piss off players like lesion or kapkan than meticulously setup their traps

thermite will let you open up reinforced walls that will help your team and potentially ruin the defensive setup if you pick the right spot

iq will show you where bombs and container objs are through walls. it will also show you where dozens of traps and electronics are like cameras. you can go around and pop many of them through walls.

twitch is a drone version of this, has better armor and better guns but you have to spot the traps yourself

also try montagne. he is practically invincible and if you learn yo position with him you can seriously pressure the enemy while the rest of your team picks them off 1 by 1

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Thanks to whoever recommended Twitch.
First match that I played after unlocking her I got to destroy every single Kapkan trap during prep and then later during the match kill Kapkan himself with a shock drone while keeping their team spotted.
It was good fun.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Twitch is especially fun when one of the defenders is afk and you just sit there zapping them.

tjones
May 13, 2005
As a twitch main, I love echo players. As an occasional echo player, I hate twitch.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.
Twitch feels amazing when you set up your own flanks by zapping someone in the rear end, then sprint in and shoot them in the face.

I wouldn't underestimate how good a bit of chip damage can be, too. Taking out gadgets is usually a better choice, but people often survive random wallbangs with 10-30hp.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Man, I really didn't expect to enjoy the game as much as I do.
Siege really does so many things right. I don't even remember the last time I enjoyed a competitive FPS this much. The alternatives in the genre don't come anywhere close, I feel.

How come I've never seen or heard anything about tournaments for this game? Does it not work that well at high level or does Ubisoft refuse to support a competitive scene or what?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

A) Esports are for children.
B) I think they are heading into finals for their first big pro tournament like right now?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

lmfao please be real

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Oh please be real I have just shy of 30k renown anyways and I am all about that Frost.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I need the frost to be real. She's my wife.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

What the gently caress lol

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Wait, is this Killing Floor 2 thread?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Thief posted:

lmfao please be real

I want them all

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Jack Trades posted:

Thanks to whoever recommended Twitch.
First match that I played after unlocking her I got to destroy every single Kapkan trap during prep and then later during the match kill Kapkan himself with a shock drone while keeping their team spotted.
It was good fun.

She's a lot of fun when the enemies are too distracted to deal with your drone. (and i don't know how to embed imgur videos on SA)

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

What's the elite Fuze based off? It looks neat.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I don’t think I’ll ever tire of the free wins you can earn by tossing Valk Cams out windows when the round starts for guaranteed peeks. The chaos you get to watch as offence tries to work out how they’re being spotted is DELICIOUS.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Jack Trades posted:

Thanks.

Thermite/Hibana and to a lesser, though still comparable, Thatcher are both basically "required" on a team, so it'd be a good idea to hit them up.

Monty can actually be a neat idea, too. Shields up and you wander into the objective/window as a distraction while pinging the bad dudes.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Fart Car '97 posted:

I want them all

Finally the best pulse skin

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Gamerofthegame posted:

Thermite/Hibana and to a lesser, though still comparable, Thatcher are both basically "required" on a team, so it'd be a good idea to hit them up.

Monty can actually be a neat idea, too. Shields up and you wander into the objective/window as a distraction while pinging the bad dudes.

Only problem with picking Thermite/Hibana as your first attackers is they're pretty much required to get through walls and you'll be doing your team a disservice if you die too early to use your gadget.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

hibana can certainly be one of the more complex operators in the game if you want to dive into her but it doesnt take too long to figure out thermite

you'll get zapped/muted and flanked a few times and then you'll know not to let it happen again

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haFRoU5KUGo

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The cool thing is as long as you don't play tachanka or castle you basically can't pick a bad op from the original ops. Every single one is fun and cool and useful.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Fart Car '97 posted:

The cool thing is as long as you don't play tachanka or castle you basically can't pick a bad op from the original ops. Every single one is fun and cool and useful.

Castle isn't bad, he's just hard to play. If you take Tachanka you're making a statement to the other team: either you don't give a gently caress, or you think they're scrubs.

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there any chance of the season 1 operators becoming cheaper renown wise at some point in the future?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Castle can be very useful. Tachanka cannot.

• Locked thread