Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/brutal-legend

Brutal Legend is free on Humble until Wednesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
It was a cool game I completed twice, but I wish they didn't bother with the lovely RTS parts.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
I always thought the RTS bits were fun, it was pretty simple to buff up a mixed squad to put up pressure while you personally savaged any baddies you came across. Plus it was the best opportunity to use the car guns.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
The RTS parts really suck if you decide to play them as, well, an RTS, just commanding the units.
If you are an active participant and use all the action adventure moves, tandem moves and the car, it goes from horrid to... Fun for a while but still a pain in the rear end.

Stellar soundtrack, though, and the introduction to the metal world using Children of the Grave is one of the strongest I have ever seen in any game, the ony other case where I was grinning from ear to ear in an introduction like that was Revengeance's SPLIT IT WIDE OPEN.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
doublepost: MDK is free on GOG.
https://www.gog.com/game/mdk

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

I don't know if I'd actually play MDK, but at the very least you should watch the run of it from GDQ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVW3_4z2_No

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Sanctum 2 is free.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
The Bureau X-com Declassified is free on Humble Bundle. I am dumb enough to do this.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
The Bureau is a reasonably good game in its own right, actually. it just should never have had the XCOM name.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
It's got a good look for Mutons tho.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

John Murdoch posted:

It's got a good look for Mutons tho.

John Murdoch, I have wondered for years: what is your avatar from?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
It's a badly self-made gif from this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HBwQl9eggs

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Ohhhhh

Thank you!

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Can you start doing custom URLs for youtubes or is it an incredible coincidence that the word eggs is there?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

itd be more impressive if the video was about eggs imo

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Coolguye posted:

The Bureau is a reasonably good game in its own right, actually. it just should never have had the XCOM name.

The original version of it that they scrapped looked like Prey only in the suburbs instead of on a space station, right down to the black ooze monsters assimilatong.material objects and the retrofuturist modernism of the designs. I wish we could have gotten that instead of a mediocre budget copy of Mass Effect's tactical combat.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I was super into early Bureau stuff but by all accounts the reason we got what we got was because the original version just wasn't coming together (due to what sounded like equal parts design problems and studio mismanagement). So in that regard I'm glad we at least got something out of it instead of it just disappearing like a lot games that go through similar troubles.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Bureau's not bad but the thousand script rewrites are all incredibly obvious and jarring and the plot just falls apart as a result. Also the dlc plasma pistol is brokenly powerful.

Still, it gives us the scene where you can say that America, freedom, and apple pie are so great that you convince an Outsider to defect.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

that last one is exactly as good as implied tho

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
Logging onto Uplay currently enables you to grab World In Conflict for free, and soon AC4 Black Flag:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-12-04-ubisoft-is-giving-away-assassins-creed-black-flag-for-free-next-week-on-pc

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Coolguye posted:

that last one is exactly as good as implied tho

I also love the subquest where there's sabotage or something happening in the hq and your paranoid agents all assume it's commies instead of the aliens you're fighting.

It actually is commies.

The Bureau's got some real good bits.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
lovely game Homefront is currently free on Humble!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

That game is a bad CoD ripoff. The sequel/reboot is fun as hell when it's cheap, though. It's the best insurgency game since Red Faction Guerilla

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Ugly In The Morning posted:

That game is a bad CoD ripoff. The sequel/reboot is fun as hell when it's cheap, though. It's the best insurgency game since Red Faction Guerilla

Better than The Saboteur?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
gently caress no. Not even loving close.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Fook no. Not even fookin' cloose

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Assassin's Creed: Black Flag is up now:
https://freetrial.ubisoft.com/promotions/assassins-creed-black-flag/16/

In my opinion, one of the best Assassin's Creed games to come out.

bad boyfriend worse lay
Feb 18, 2011

And when they went,
I heard the noise of their wings,
like the noise of great waters.
Grim Fandango Remastered is free over on gog.com

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Company of Heroes 2 is free on Humble.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

the first episode not the prologue of hitman is free

http://store.steampowered.com/app/236870/HITMAN/

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I don't think it's free to keep, if you stop the install it disappears from your library.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

apparently its in the form of an add on to the base game which is just the prologue. free dlc basically

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

aniviron posted:

I don't think it's free to keep, if you stop the install it disappears from your library.

Steam is real weird at adding free items to the library permanently. I've spent money on War Thunder and Marvel Heroes (RIP) and when I uninstalled them they still vanished from my library until I installed them again.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Not weird at all, all the F2P games do that. I was surprised when one F2P (I can't remember which) remained in my library as uninstalled.

aba
Oct 2, 2013
I've thought that it depends on achievements. I still have Heroine's Quest with several achievements in my library even though I've uninstalled it.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Layers of Fear is free on Humble Store.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Came across this by accident-- Kingdom: Classic is free for the next couple of hours. I'd never heard of it, but it might be kind of neat?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

flesh dance posted:

Came across this by accident-- Kingdom: Classic is free for the next couple of hours. I'd never heard of it, but it might be kind of neat?

It's quite fun in its simplicity, but you can easily screw yourself over if you don't follow guides telling how how to manage your resources.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

even in New Lands the game is also very unbalanced; as an example, i continue to be unclear on how farmers are ever useful when your alternative is to just cut down the trees and let your archers create approximately all the money ever by shooting rabbits.

i mean, grab the game and have fun with it, it's a fantastic way to kill an afternoon - but don't expect a lot of the game, it's not terribly well thought out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/the-red-solstice

Free from Humble for about two more days.