Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Can the tank drive up a ramp without exploding?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.
How could I resist buying a new space tank after this exciting new trailer that, well, didn't show any space tanks or even acknowledge their existence.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

TheAgent posted:

lol they really had those machinima kids working triple shifts to poo poo this out lol

It's full of audio synch issues - the guy cleaning the laser on the spaceship, the footsteps of the first person view walking toward Hamill, it's all amateur hour.

Can you find out which ten year old kid wrote the dialogue

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

I wonder how many out takes they have of Oldman jumping down the ladder (after looking like a old lady on top of the ship) only for him to clip through the floor?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

XK posted:

They claimed to have fixed this in a patch a week or so ago.

What was the embarrassing issue?

CIG

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Thoatse posted:

Once they do the big Mark Hammil/sq42 deal and rags pick it up I'm pretty sure most articles that cover it will also touch on the underlying drama except maybe Pixel Lemonade and PC Gamer

:smug:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

So I guess now the discussion turns to: did Cribblets fail to have this trailer ready in time to show before the new Star Wars, just a few days ago, or did Disney flat-out refuse to air it due to its astonishingly low quality, particularly, and somewhat ironically, wanting to make sure Mark Hamill wasn't shown at such a low point right before a high point?

We may never know.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

SomethingJones posted:

Can you find out which ten year old kid wrote the dialogue

Oh, that's easy. We let little Christopher Roberts handle that job.

Love the new thread title.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
So this is something they made in-house and wasn't farmed out to someone who actually knows what they're doing. This is going to be loving hilarious

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

SomethingJones posted:

No they are not selling space tanks now, what in the gently caress

You have actually got to be kidding me

They're not selling space tanks, calm down with the fud. They're selling backers the opportunity to claim a spacetank of their choosing

e:fb

:negative:

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

just wanted to pop in and say thanks for reminding me that this much better game exists

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Scruffpuff posted:

So I guess now the discussion turns to: did Cribblets fail to have this trailer ready in time to show before the new Star Wars, just a few days ago, or did Disney flat-out refuse to air it due to its astonishingly low quality, particularly, and somewhat ironically, wanting to make sure Mark Hamill wasn't shown at such a low point right before a high point?

We may never know.

You can't in good faith show a melted Luke Skywalker voiced by Patty and Selma right before a new Star Wars film :lol:

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I wanna know how loving unwieldy a tank is going to run when the bikes and buggies run like poo poo

It's probably going to simply noclip over generic terrain until it gets stuck an a rock the size of a fist. Then it will get flung into space, twisting and turning at thousands of feet per second.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

#LessDetail

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

TheHoosier posted:

just wanted to pop in and say thanks for reminding me that this much better game exists

I have the same thought whenever anyone reminds me of any game.

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
I was going to chime in that the only way space tanks would ever make sense (they dont) is if being on land was going to be instanced with no fly zones. But then I remembered that backers are literally the Dumbest People On Earth and this "game" isn't actually ever going to be released.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Scruffpuff posted:

Can the tank drive up a ramp without exploding?

The tank IS the ramp, you idiot!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Krycek posted:

It's probably going to simply noclip over generic terrain until it gets stuck an a rock the size of a fist. Then it will get flung into space, twisting and turning at thousands of feet per second.

When poo poo like that happens, press F.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

M.A.X. game best game

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>
#include <SaberToothed_Tiger.h>
#include <Tyrannosaurus.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice

Codezombie posted:

New range Available at Ikea: Skäm

lol

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

My "Inner Voice" is telling me Chris Roberts is an inept autist.

UNCUT PHILISTINE
Jul 27, 2006

Hmmm well I dunno about you dudes but I'm gonna wait until the AtV comes out that goes into detail about how tricky it was to get the space tracks on the space tank to correctly interact with the space rocks. Once I'm sufficiently impressed they are working towards something cool and groundbreaking I will buy this item.

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>
#include <SaberToothed_Tiger.h>
#include <Tyrannosaurus.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice
Seriously? 6 more pages since this morning?

Come on guys, I do have to get some work done.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

"Kyle, you stop that right now! Settle down, we're in the library, so use your inner voice." - Star Citizen soccer mom, probably

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Scruffpuff posted:

We may never know.

Derek said none of his sources knew about that, so he doesn't believe it's true.

There was word that nobody knew about land sales before CIG went live with it, and that most of the devs were surprised. Derek was caught off guard as well.

I think the truth is, CIG is hiding everything it can internally, because it's so terrified of leaks. Sounds like a wonderful way to run development.

In the vacuum of information, rumor lives, and I choose to go with whatever is funniest. CIG intended to have that clip as the pre Star Wars trailer, and crobbler felt that everyone's first introduction to the game should be by shoving a repulsive self-important rear end in a top hat in everyone's face, and not showing any space stuff whatsoever.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

UNCUT PHILISTINE posted:

Hmmm well I dunno about you dudes but I'm gonna wait until the AtV comes out that goes into detail about how tricky it was to get the space tracks on the space tank to correctly interact with the space rocks. Once I'm sufficiently impressed they are working towards something cool and groundbreaking I will buy this item.

Its a driveable ramp, it destroys everything in its path, that is how it can get over rocks.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Zakutambah posted:

Seriously? 6 more pages since this morning?

Come on guys, I do have to get some work done.
Buy Spacetank and :justpost:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

So why are they all the sudden really pushing the part of the game that no citizen really wants?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

I BREACHED A CONTRACT, NOW I'M GOING TO JAAAAIL

IT'S A GOIN OUT OF BUSINESS TANK SALE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFmEqeofSWw

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
You just know that Chris says the dumbest poo poo possible. So when Sandi once scolded him, telling him to use his "inner voice", Chris knew he just had to have that in his game.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

what a lovely fuckin' tank design

Holy loving poo poo those look like actual loving garbage. Like straight out of "i can design slickshitty ww1 tanks and put lights on em" designs.

Who tge gently caress greenlit that... nevermind i know who.

Attention: Chris Roberts. Stop. Just loving stop.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

big nipples big life posted:

So why are they all the sudden really pushing the part of the game that no citizen really wants?

Because its the part(s) they haven't monetized yet.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

because it can actually be implemented in cryengine, unlike the rest of their game

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

loving space tanks.

There is no actual limit to what Crupercalifragilisticexpialidociobberts will sell now that he's realized the scam is wide open. Tanks? Bikes? Planes? Land sticks? gently caress it, there's no game, so there are no limits! Weather balloons! Why not be a space meteorologist, with your Weather Van telling commandos when it's safe to mine precious minerals? Space Cherry Pickers to repair Space Things at the tops of poles your tank can't reach! Underground bunkers! Your own asteroid! 1/4 of the rings around a ringed planet! (Rings not guaranteed to not jitter.) There is no logical boundary here - everything you can imagine can now be sold. Crincredibleedibleeggobberts has distilled his backer base into the purest walking wallets ever seen.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Because it's loving dead easy to make a single player FPS.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

You always have to be pushing over the horizon. If you're not convincing people that tanks and the means of moving tanks is vital to the game being released they might start asking at what point they're going to invest themselves in producing the things they said was vital to the game being released 2-3 years ago.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
CRobberts is trying to make ArmA, but space???

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

The tank is CV 90 btw.

all of those tanks are CV 90.

(not all tanks were same in the CIG concept image due to gently caress ups in photoshopping the tanks in)

there is even future concept version for bulldozer

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Dusty Lens posted:

I love that they just copy pasted the same tank three times.

It's just a triangle guys.

It would be right at home in Elite!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

AngusPodgorny posted:

How could I resist buying a new space tank after this exciting new trailer that, well, didn't show any space tanks or even acknowledge their existence.

Absolutely nothing has acknowledged the existence of mbt's in SC in the history of SC.

Especially not tanks shaped like door wedges, or cheese wedges, or wheel chocks.

I personally can't wait for CIG to start selling water/liquid borne craft, much like 20th century battleships, cruisers, frigates, destroyers etc, maybe they'll even come up with some sort of cigar shaped ship that can dive below the liquid and remain there for a substantial time, none of these things have ever been done before in a game.

I'm actually laughing so hard and frequently @ CIG that I'm finding it difficult to form readable sentances. :D