Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

In my day it was spots or joints. If that's not good enough for the young people these days with their bangs and bockets, well la dee da.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

bike tory posted:

Eventually you'll build up a resistance to buckies and have to start doing spots over the oven

Buckies are for when my body is shattered and aching because life is pain. Spots are for when my brain is telling me to shoot myself because life is pain. Right tool for the right job.

Joints are for stealth or for retards who like wasting good weed and I'm far too poor for that sort of carry on.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

2 days after my mum died in horrible pain that would have been significantly reduced by medical cannabis products. :sigh:

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011

Pretty sure it hasn't even had it's first reading yet, let alone actually passed into law.

Also sweet, nothing yet for chronic pain sufferers.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
So are we gonna get piecemeal bullshit every election for the next 30 years? Full legalisation now, that will help every medical case as well as those of us just trying to get through one more day on this gay earth

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Taitale posted:

Pretty sure it hasn't even had it's first reading yet, let alone actually passed into law.

Also sweet, nothing yet for chronic pain sufferers.

It still has three readings and the select Committee process to go through, lots of opportunity to comment.

In fact if you care, you should make a submission, and go address the committee if you are in Wellington. It makes a difference.

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011

sebmojo posted:

It still has three readings and the select Committee process to go through, lots of opportunity to comment.

In fact if you care, you should make a submission, and go address the committee if you are in Wellington. It makes a difference.

Unless it somehow drags out for a year there is no way I will be able to address the committee. I do plan on making a submission, on probably more than a few bills really. Figure there might actually be a point now with a less-garbage government.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Pararoid posted:

2 days after my mum died in horrible pain that would have been significantly reduced by medical cannabis products. :sigh:

She's blazing in heaven with Tupac and John the Baptist, I assure you.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
A) this bill is bullshit
B) I believe the government is still committed to a public reeferendum so hopefully A doesn't matter

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
loving lol that Coleman is crowing about Labour failing to push for meaningful medicinal cannabis reform.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Yeah it's not great. Chloe Swarbrick had a more substantial marijuana bill lined up, and Labour needed an excuse to shoot it down without looking like dicks. "Oh nah we're not doing that, it overlaps too much with the bill we totally already had prepared."

Still, a step is a step. Here's hoping more follow.

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Yeah it's not great. Chloe Swarbrick had a more substantial marijuana bill lined up, and Labour needed an excuse to shoot it down without looking like dicks. "Oh nah we're not doing that, it overlaps too much with the bill we totally already had prepared."

Still, a step is a step. Here's hoping more follow.

That bill hasn't been withdrawn yet so should be mildly interesting to see their justifications in Parliament as to why it should be ignored in favor of their tinkering.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Taitale posted:

That bill hasn't been withdrawn yet so should be mildly interesting to see their justifications in Parliament as to why it should be ignored in favor of their tinkering.

they can incorporate members bills if they want.

I can do it if no-one else does, but an effort post from someone who knows what's what on how to influence legislation would be valuable.

follow Russell Brown's blog, he has good commenters and knows the issues very well.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://thespinoff.co.nz/politics/21-12-2017/dear-lorde-heres-why-were-urging-you-not-to-play-israel

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Pretty sure Lorde doesn't read this thread

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

Pararoid posted:

Man I'm so sorry :( I can't imagine.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

Inescapable Duck posted:

She's blazing in heaven with Tupac and John the Baptist, I assure you.

:unsmith:

The Schwa posted:

Man I'm so sorry :( I can't imagine.

Thanks. I know someone has to be one of the last not to benefit from every step of social progress, it just really hurts when its someone you love and they suffer as a result.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Pararoid posted:

God loving dammit.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Bob mccoskrie may or may not be a zombie

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Would a real zombie party be pro-cannabis reform though?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yes, ACT is.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm pretty sure Get High For Jesus would win some votes. Starting with mine.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

its not really weed smoke its the breath from jesus lungs but yeah it transubstantiates into some good poo poo

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Apparently our race relations commissioner needed to consult her media advisors before she could say apartheid is bad.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/100048048/vow-day-debate-splits-south-africans-but-one-backs-peace-of-apartheid

quote:

Race Relations Commissioner Dame Susan Devoy would not be interviewed because she was on leave. Before hanging up on a Stuff reporter, Dame Susan said "you will have to go through the appropriate channel".

Later, in a statement attributed to her, she said: "Apartheid isn't and never was 'great'.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
I can tell you now, if the so-called colonial racists never set foot on the African continent, those people would be running around with spears, with deer skin covering their genitalia, and they will still be living in mud huts and stick huts

If I had to be in their position I would say thank you very much, thank you for what you're doing, thank you for keeping us safe, thank you for your security forces, thank you for all the beautiful jobs, thank you for the infrastructure and thank you because I can put my head down on my pillow and we are all safe in our suburbs where we live. I would be very grateful for what the whites did.

e:

If we can wake up tomorrow morning and all of a sudden I'm back in pre-1994, I would drop to my knees and I would say thank you God, because we all respected one another, we all lived happily ever after

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

bike tory posted:

Eventually you'll build up a resistance to buckies and have to start doing spots over the oven

A single tear from Scotty in the cab of his 1984 Hilux.mp4

(utes are buckies in SA and I'm out of nz long enough / incredibly square and never heard of buckies used outside of that)

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Varkk posted:

Apparently our race relations commissioner needed to consult her media advisors before she could say apartheid is bad.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/100048048/vow-day-debate-splits-south-africans-but-one-backs-peace-of-apartheid

she was on holiday

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

For all her faults I'm not going to give her poo poo for hanging up on a Stuff reporter.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
She told some reporters who called her while she was on holiday to contact her office for an official response. Seems like a normal and fine thing to do?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Quick straw poll on pineapple lumps:

Refrigerated and crunchy, or room temp and chewy?

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

bike tory posted:

Frozen, the dentist's friend.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Room temp and chewy. What sort of barbarian would refrigerate them?

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

bike tory posted:

Room temp and chewy, but, refrigerated and crunchy is real good and makes a nice change :)

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Refrigerated sweets are an abomonation

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Room temp and chewy is best

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Depends if it's Summer or not.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Room temperature and chewy in summer, room temperature and crunchy in winter.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

In the loving trash can because they're poo poo. Just give me the rose caramels.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Why are you talking about pineapple lumps in scorched almonds season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Because with California up in flames, they're a little more scorched than usual.

• Locked thread