Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Chewbot posted:

I’m only early 200, practically a baby ;D. With 118 sta I can do two 50-cost and that’s it. Am I missing something stupidly obvious?
Monday Dungeon lets you go infinite on rankups until... uh. A while. A long while? It's not fun at all but it exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

coop is half stamina if you want more runs on descended stuff

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Monday Dungeon lets you go infinite on rankups until... uh. A while. A long while? It's not fun at all but it exists.

Currently useful for Cthugha skillups. If you got him and 2-4 King Flamtans, boom.

I did that on Monday. Now I gotta wait for Beachibana's skillup.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
Huh, didnt know that about monday dungeon. Just looked it up, that’s definitely changed since I used to play. Thanks, that’s great!

As for co-op, it’s the reason I made an alt account a couple days ago but it’s not quite ready for descends yet.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Chewbot posted:

I’m only early 200, practically a baby ;D. With 118 sta I can do two 50-cost and that’s it. Am I missing something stupidly obvious?

1. You're low rank so you will still gain levels like crazy which means more stam.
2. You naturally gain 480 stam per day, so with only 118 stam, you go back up to full stam in just under 6 hours.
3. If you don't mind "wasting" stam, on days where there are high rank exp dungeons, mix in those along with whatever you're running in order to rank up.
4. Remember, 2P is half stam. Use it to maximize your stam if you want.

It will only be 108k rank exp to rank up. If you could 2p Zaerog today, you could chain rank up to the low 500s.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Rolling Ideal has breathed new life into this game for me. I actually want to play more than just the daily freebie rewards dungeons.

It's also really nice having plenty of time to set up a big combo.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

Kuros posted:

1. You're low rank so you will still gain levels like crazy which means more stam.
2. You naturally gain 480 stam per day, so with only 118 stam, you go back up to full stam in just under 6 hours.
3. If you don't mind "wasting" stam, on days where there are high rank exp dungeons, mix in those along with whatever you're running in order to rank up.
4. Remember, 2P is half stam. Use it to maximize your stam if you want.

It will only be 108k rank exp to rank up. If you could 2p Zaerog today, you could chain rank up to the low 500s.

Thanks man! I haven't been gaining levels like crazy because I keep getting enticed by all the special stuff going on like the jewel dragon and december quest dungeons, but I'll probably focus on ranking for a bit.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Chewbot posted:

Thanks man! I haven't been gaining levels like crazy because I keep getting enticed by all the special stuff going on like the jewel dragon and december quest dungeons, but I'll probably focus on ranking for a bit.

It's nice to have someone returning to the game at about the same point I am (I'm Rank 210!)

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

IllegallySober posted:

It's nice to have someone returning to the game at about the same point I am (I'm Rank 210!)

Yeah, feel free to add me. 313,241,228. I usually have Enra up now because she's leagues better than everything in my old roster.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Chewbot posted:

Well, I do suggest getting stuff like that done as well as it's good rewards and stones.

Typically my typical PAD day is:

1. Check for what Guerilla dungeons are happening for the day. Set an alarm if I want to run any of them using PADGuide.
2. What NEW time limited dungeons are going on today? Examples: Aegir Challenge that's happening today or the One Shot Challenges that have been happening every couple of days. Stamina usage starts here.
3. Any collabs I need/want to run for the stone or skillups? Such as Christmas.
4. Any weekly dragons (Black Contract for example) that I need to run for the stone or skillups?
5. Do I need to run Weekday/Weekend for mats or daily dragon dungeon for monster exp?
6. Finally, maybe I just want to run a specific dungeon for the challenge, such as Arena.

Non-event days are great for running: Monthly Dungeon, Normals, Techs, Challenge Mode, Coin dungeons. Just to make the point, you can get up to 82 stones from Normals (standard and challenge), 110 on Techs (Realistic probably around 90-95), 48 from Coins (plus more when they rotate). So they are a great way to use up some extra stam before a rank up.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
Even though I pulled an ideal I haven't bothered using her. I downloaded fire emblem heroes and now logging into pad has become a chore. I'm sure FEH will get old once all the missions are done but until then it's a struggle to play pad.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Chewbot posted:

Yeah, feel free to add me. 313,241,228. I usually have Enra up now because she's leagues better than everything in my old roster.

I added you too. I've been running Enra a lot lately on my NA account so I keep her up almost all the time.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

I think this new series of 2/3/4 team limited dungeons is gonna make me quit. No, really.

I haven't played hardcore in a while since DAthena is beyond boring and I haven't been able to pull anything else good. I have been happy to log in every day and pickup stones to keep rolling though.

This new series--150 stam, 3 x however many floors of old, boring, slow content--is not worth getting the stone, however. And if I'm not picking up the stones, why bother?

Just musing.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Nosre posted:

I think this new series of 2/3/4 team limited dungeons is gonna make me quit. No, really.

I haven't played hardcore in a while since DAthena is beyond boring and I haven't been able to pull anything else good. I have been happy to log in every day and pickup stones to keep rolling though.

This new series--150 stam, 3 x however many floors of old, boring, slow content--is not worth getting the stone, however. And if I'm not picking up the stones, why bother?

Just musing.

The latent or potential rare mat drop? Also you can do them in 2p.

Edit: v At least you can trade with yourself.

Kuros fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Dec 21, 2017

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Nosre posted:

Just musing.

I coop them with my alt, and then grumble about the machine rolls being garbage for my main and great for my alt. Seriously. My main has rolled a light jewel, a mask, and a dark jewel from the rare evo machine, and two rcv+ latents. My alt has rolled two jewel of creation, a diamond dragon fruit, and god/devil killers.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Olothreutes posted:

I coop them with my alt, and then grumble about the machine rolls being garbage for my main and great for my alt. Seriously. My main has rolled a light jewel, a mask, and a dark jewel from the rare evo machine, and two rcv+ latents. My alt has rolled two jewel of creation, a diamond dragon fruit, and god/devil killers.

you can trade killers :ssh:

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.
Add me and in 60 days I'll throw evo fodder at you endlessly :toot:

I'm also weirdly into skilling up farmable things and raising PADZ dragons (the ones who provide 25% immunity to their color) so if you want something max skilled I can work on it for you

I guess this is my version of grindchores since I don't play MMOs.

also I'm not much of a gachaperson so I use my stones on friendspace and don't delete people

oh yeah I use Smiting Hand Durga 90% of the time and generally only switch it up if I can't get through a particular dungeon with her. This means my first/second (for BFs) team leads are open to requests; my padherder, being updated slowly (fire and water are done)

I haven't tried fulfilling specific requests yet so please be patient if I gently caress it up at first :ohdear:

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Another protip for those coming back or just starting: play on the Japanese server. You get more free poo poo and exclusive collabs and a more active coop community (maybe?)

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Boy oh boy I sure hope I can combo this guy.

10c plus the free 2c from Cthugha. Plus the inherit on the ReAnubis that was "Boost ATK by how ever many fingers on the team".

I need to max my guys out though. The only hypermax on that team's Uruka.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the kof stuff have alt costumes with different stats awakenings, that's a cool idea for a fighting game collab. also a bunch of new pixel ults for people that missed final fantasy

https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/comments/7l7vkc/newsjpking_of_fighters_collab_character_stats/

example of the alt costumes if you're lazy:

e: drat I might save some stones for this after all (well if na gets it anyway but I think this one's a safer bet than the anime collabs). leona in particular would be awesome since I still don't have fujin

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Dec 21, 2017

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
I'm incredibly here for those pixel evos

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

Anybody try the new JP Dungeon yet? Looked on reddit and it looks fun. Too scared to try it until Zo tells me how to run through it.

PaleBlueDot
Feb 13, 2012

All the way from
Transylvania
The new JP dungeon (Vampire +? Supervamp?) is pretty fun. Not sure I'm loving the "half damage from healer and attacker-type cards" monster near the end, but the boss tickles my SNES-era RPG nostalgia in a good way.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

Agreed. It was piss easy (with Edward Elric). I even flubbed on the boss three times and he hits like a newborn baby. (Again, with Edward Elric).

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
the subboss was harder than the actual boss

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

PaleBlueDot posted:

The new JP dungeon (Vampire +? Supervamp?) is pretty fun. Not sure I'm loving the "half damage from healer and attacker-type cards" monster near the end, but the boss tickles my SNES-era RPG nostalgia in a good way.

Yeah, the boss is fun an there are multiple approaches to beat him (besides "hit it real hard"). I like to delay him while I am killing the red candle, then I have a couple of turns to set-up the mother of all combos.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, the KOF details are in

https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/comments/7l7vkc/newsjpking_of_fighters_collab_character_stats/

Pretty much all the rare drops have some variety of "do something to get a shield and extra damage, and do something else for more damage". But there doesn't seem to be any super-broken "Edward Elric" combination with both that and ridiculous awakenings.

Apparently Kyo is a tank? Seems like they never played the fighting games.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I posted that on this page!

will say that it's nice to see they're sticking with the no silvers thing going forward. also there don't seem to be any 6*'s so you can't get trolled with the equivalent of a halloween vampire lord. it's all or nothing here

PaleBlueDot
Feb 13, 2012

All the way from
Transylvania

ChikoDemono posted:

Agreed. It was piss easy (with Edward Elric). I even flubbed on the boss three times and he hits like a newborn baby. (Again, with Edward Elric).

Whatup Ed buddy :hfive:
But yeah, supervamp is a tall drink of hitpoints and not much more. It's actually kind of pleasant to not deal with two or three different roadblocks that require specific monsters for answer. They probably could have spiced up the earlier floors a bit, though.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

I posted that on this page!

will say that it's nice to see they're sticking with the no silvers thing going forward. also there don't seem to be any 6*'s so you can't get trolled with the equivalent of a halloween vampire lord. it's all or nothing here

It's good enough to post twice!

Also, I'm preparing myself for a billion Chins.

Kind of weird the didn't make Kim Kaphwan, Korea's national hero, a rare drop.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Dec 22, 2017

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

ChikoDemono posted:

Anybody try the new JP Dungeon yet? Looked on reddit and it looks fun. Too scared to try it until Zo tells me how to run through it.

sorry i was sleeping :shobon:

like you said it's very easy. i had fun going in blind but glad i brought shazel. bopped the boss for over a billion damage after his shield went down.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

PAD-EU FB page posted that KOF was coming to EU o.o
edit: oh, PAD NA just did the same.

e: https://www.facebook.com/PuzzleAndDragonsOfficial/posts/1918478684847381

madstrike fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Dec 22, 2017

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

press f to pay respects to the fma collab

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
They snuck in the revo Zeus announcement a couple of hours before KOF, for those that like 225x ATK when HP is full

https://www.facebook.com/notes/puzzle-dragons-north-america-gungho/new-ultimate-reincarnation-evolutions/1917807914914458/

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
I just realized I ground through that dumb dragonbound dungeon repeatedly and got zero skillups for Tardis. :smith:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I just burned through a bunch of PAL points on Enhance PEM and evolved my light Wisedragon. "Let's see how deep this particular rabbit hole actually goes," I thought. So I put it riding shotgun on Yuna, took my Ameno team into Arena 1, and used Ameno, Yuna/Apolluo and Pixel Lightning on Kali. I got a nice combo string with a couple of smaller light matches along with the big 9x one.

Yuna hit for 241 million. :stonk:

delfin fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Dec 22, 2017

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So, what's the general consensus on the KoF collab cards? Iori seems to be the best of the bunch, with a not-terribly-difficult 20x ATK multiplier plus damage shield; also, he makes a pretty good base to inherit Li onto. Leona's got a "void damage absorb" active with a 3x damage boost added on, which is always nice. Terry seems like he could be a pretty useful leader with the right subs (e.g. Leilan, Tsubaki). Kyo's got 2x 7-combo awakenings and a Follow-up Attack, along with an active that converts the entire board to Fire/Hearts, which makes him a pretty useful sub in most Fire-based teams. Mai's not quite as nice as Diablos, but still pretty good in her own right. And Ryo... well, I suppose a 5-turn "create a Light Row" active could be useful in some teams. I guess.

I didn't mention any of the 5* base mons because they're all pretty lame.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

DaveWoo posted:

king's got 2 attacker killers and is balanced type so she can load up on latents for x30.375. don't think anyone else can do that for attackers, so if you roll a gold then hope for king imo

idk about the general consensus but personally, I really want leona for the fujin active. mai's the best 7x6 lead for fire/light leads and kyo's a top tier fire sub, so they'd be really nice to have. wouldn't mind iori either, even if only to make these lkali board changes useful for something finally

all of the crystal eggs are great tho because they all have pixel ults

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

DaveWoo posted:

Terry seems like he could be a pretty useful leader with the right subs (e.g. Leilan, Tsubaki).

Just a hunch, but I think Terry will be OK!

My favorite characters from KoF sadly aren't in this collab, but at least I won't be tempted to whale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DaveWoo posted:

So, what's the general consensus on the KoF collab cards? Iori seems to be the best of the bunch, with a not-terribly-difficult 20x ATK multiplier plus damage shield; also, he makes a pretty good base to inherit Li onto. Leona's got a "void damage absorb" active with a 3x damage boost added on, which is always nice. Terry seems like he could be a pretty useful leader with the right subs (e.g. Leilan, Tsubaki). Kyo's got 2x 7-combo awakenings and a Follow-up Attack, along with an active that converts the entire board to Fire/Hearts, which makes him a pretty useful sub in most Fire-based teams. Mai's not quite as nice as Diablos, but still pretty good in her own right. And Ryo... well, I suppose a 5-turn "create a Light Row" active could be useful in some teams. I guess.

The main bait is Iori, followed by Mai, and Leona. If mono-red ever becomes good again then Kyo will be a great sub.

Mason Dixon posted:

Just a hunch, but I think Terry will be OK!

My favorite characters from KoF sadly aren't in this collab, but at least I won't be tempted to whale.

Well, it's supposed to be '98 characters (as a Goro fan I prefer him not to be in this, he would be complete filler). If the collab does well then they'll have plenty of other characters to introduce, they could easily make Kula a 8-star and get some real money.

My main, Whip, is probably gonna be some green trash if she ever appears.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Dec 23, 2017