Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

I'm relieved by the incompetence of the house GOP, because I'm pretty sure even weeks of plotting on their behalf won't result in anything effectual.

Edit: first result for incompetent dog

Zisky fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Dec 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Kilroy posted:

Great. Thanks for letting us know how you'd Make the Forums Great Again if only you could bbe a moderator. Now shut the gently caress up.

:lol: Kilroy

:allears:

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Petr posted:

you should find a self-destructive gimmick instead of an outwardly hostile one.

he's a dumb racist who's getting his keks spending years of his time and actual money to be a mild annoyance in a politics subforum. Sounds pretty self-destructive to me

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

quote:

A subset of the Republican members of the House intelligence committee, led by Chairman Devin Nunes of California,

Oh gently caress you.

quote:

Nunes' office declined to comment about the effort, but he has aired his suspicions about the law enforcement agencies before.

"I hate to use the word corrupt, but they’ve become at least so dirty that who’s watching the watchmen? Who’s investigating these people?" he said in a Fox News interview earlier this month. "There is no one."

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

pkay posted:

You are right. If I would just work a little harder and pull myself up by my bootstraps things will start mattering.

Mental bootstraps, yes. It's all we got right now yo.

Edit:
And yes I agree it's just as much of a waste to yell "WHY DON'T YOU DO SOMETHING THEN." I'm talking specifically about keeping ourselves in a mental state that at least allows for positive eventualities for our country.

Zisky fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Dec 21, 2017

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

8 years undone in a flash, ending up amounting to nothing because of decorum and the dnc becoming corrupt and incompetent. Lol

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Inferior Third Season posted:

This tax bill shows they're finally figuring out how to enact their terrible agenda. If you'd asked me a year ago, I would have said major tax cuts for the rich and Obamacare repeal would have happened by April, so it could have been worse.

But if they do start passing things regularly now, I'm afraid they might actually improve in the polls, even if the things they pass are horribly unpopular. Americans are stupid and will react positively to a legislature that just "gets things done".

The tax bill is literally the only thing they can pass with 50 votes until late 2018 at the earliest and that's if they steal the incoming Congress' first reconciliation bill.

Hold your horses.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Ague Proof posted:

Oh gently caress you.

If Nunes' doesn't come out as being a Russian puppet, I will be extremely surprised.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
So this is, uh, not good.
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/943621042668437505

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

GreyjoyBastard posted:

The tax bill is literally the only thing they can pass with 50 votes until late 2018 at the earliest and that's if they steal the incoming Congress' first reconciliation bill.
If they do that (they will) and the Senate Democrats, assuming they have a majority, don't just abolish the filibuster immediately upon starting the new session (they wouldn't), then they truly are just the loving worst (they are).

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Hold your horses.

Would they'd be stealing anything? They'd be doing a lame duck reconciliation, but it would still be 2018. The next Congress gets 2019.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

a sequel to that ATT "benevolent bonus because of the tax cut" that was a bonus the union fought for that was decided months ago:

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/943642786418577410

gently caress Wells Fargo Forever

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

nwo hatchet man posted:

This bill is shaping up to be a massive win for the country month-long PR stunt with no long-term benefit
ftfy

The second people aren't paying attention, every company announcing bonuses or wage hikes will find an excuse to quietly lay off everyone who received anything. We saw this with the Carrier "deal" and we're going to see it again. A couple weeks of :smugdon: as corporations suck his dick, and then things will go right back to business as usual.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Hold your horses.

Yeah, and Jones just lowered their threshold for success. Admittedly, the GOP has become a lot more obedient recently, but there's still a chance Murkowski and Collins realize how much power they have collectively now. And Rand Paul still exists, although his beneficial stubbornness may have been beaten out of him.

Republicans were always evil, and they were always going to ride "both sides" to power eventually. There's a chance we can turn the 2018 Senate Red Tide that was to be into a wash and rebuild our presence at the state level. Nothing to be done but organize and make the bastards pay for this long and hard for the rest of our voting lives.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Lycus posted:

Would they'd be stealing anything? They'd be doing a lame duck reconciliation, but it would still be 2018. The next Congress gets 2019.

also it's not as bad as I made it sound because once that door is open it just becomes traditional to always use the lame duck reconciliation so each Congress still gets two

Grammarchist posted:

Yeah, and Jones just lowered their threshold for success. Admittedly, the GOP has become a lot more obedient recently, but there's still a chance Murkowski and Collins realize how much power they have collectively now. And Rand Paul still exists, although his beneficial stubbornness may have been beaten out of him.

Republicans were always evil, and they were always going to ride "both sides" to power eventually. There's a chance we can turn the 2018 Senate Red Tide that was to be into a wash and rebuild our presence at the state level. Nothing to be done but organize and make the bastards pay for this long and hard for the rest of our voting lives.

I do still have some hope that this particular iteration will die. They have ten months, they'd have to be remarkably incompetent to waste this reconciliation bill entirely, but if nothing else the more they delay the more it'll become an election issue (and the grumpier their donors will be :toot: ).

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

GreyjoyBastard posted:

also it's not as bad as I made it sound because once that door is open it just becomes traditional to always use the lame duck reconciliation so each Congress still gets two
Uh no, the GOP would obviously close that loophole as soon as they were in power again. How is this not obvious? :psyduck:

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
lol if liberals ever manage to get complete control of all three branches again, the first dem who squeals some nonsense about bipartisanship and letting republicans have a say in anything at all should be torn apart by an angry mob

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Um, won't this make Putin angry?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

RottenK posted:

lol if liberals ever manage to get complete control of all three branches again, the first dem who squeals some nonsense about bipartisanship and letting republicans have a say in anything at all should be torn apart by an angry mob

Agreed but normal decorum should be met. If we have complete control we should still be the better people. We have a lot to swing at them over this debacle. We can listen to them and still say HAH NO to their bullshit.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

RottenK posted:

Better still, elect the angry mob to Congress.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Spiffster posted:

Agreed but normal decorum should be met. If we have complete control we should still be the better people. We have a lot to swing at them over this debacle. We can listen to them and still say HAH NO to their bullshit.
I've considered this and I still think we're better off making it double-illegal to be a Republican :colbert:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Depends on whose actually getting armed here, which is beside the point that Trump might be handing Putin a casus belli.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

1.5-2 Trillion/yr deficit: Deficits don't matter

1.65-2.15 Trillion/yr deficit: OMG THE END IS NIGH

The bill is exactly the wrong bill at exactly the wrong time.

But this ain't the end of the world kids.

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

Xae posted:

1.5-2 Trillion/yr deficit: Deficits don't matter

1.65-2.15 Trillion/yr deficit: OMG THE END IS NIGH

The bill is exactly the wrong bill at exactly the wrong time.

But this ain't the end of the world kids.

He's right this isn't the end of the world and nothing will continue to matter.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Office Pig posted:

Depends on whose actually getting armed here, which is beside the point that Trump might be handing Putin a casus belli.

he annexed part of ukraine and carved off another part into rebel territory without one

i don't think he has been exactly worrying about getting a reason

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

ftfy

The second people aren't paying attention, every company announcing bonuses or wage hikes will find an excuse to quietly lay off everyone who received anything. We saw this with the Carrier "deal" and we're going to see it again. A couple weeks of :smugdon: as corporations suck his dick, and then things will go right back to business as usual.

Yeah but people like NWO hatchet man are the biggest rubes imaginable so it always works on a certain percentage of people.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

пожалуйста дайте pee pee tape

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Spiffster posted:

Absolutely loving not.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I would think that anything that prolongs the conflict in Ukraine would be to Putin's benefit.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I mean probably? But better odds that Russia is gonna pick it up.

Either our President is a short-sighted idiot or he's a patsy.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

We don't need normal decorum, but we also shouldn't make the mistake of assuming the Republicans have the right idea either.

We need a new decorum, where it is allowed to say vagina when regulating women's health and it is ok to call out a Republican senator for being a racist on the senate floor.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Jaxyon posted:

Yeah but people like NWO hatchet man are the biggest rubes imaginable so it always works on a certain percentage of people.

nwo hatchet man by February: "this is good for the economy because now there's more jobs what don't you libcucks understand he just created jobs"

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
"Decorum" should mean the guillotine blades are kept sharp.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

For gently caress's sake, Putin, release the Piss Tape.

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Spiffster posted:

No. Hell no.

Any politician who stands on "decorum", "moral high ground", "political capital" and all that phony horseshit is showing themselves to be more concerned with the appearance of the office and not what they're loving in that office to do.

Basically, even if they're on a side that doesn't want to gently caress over poor people, minorities, and the like, them subscribing to such idiocy suggests they'll be a useless fat rear end in a chair rather than someone agitating for their constituents benefit and the country's benefit.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

"pkay” posted:

Me, me, meeeeeeeeee
If we all agree that it was terrible Daddy didn’t pay enough attention when you were young, will you go do something more productive?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Posting about the dreadful concern over your child’s future then coming out with looking like the bigger man when deciding whether people should live or die is pure loving horseshit.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Do you have a problem with a few fewer Ukrainian kids dying to Russian tanks?

Edit: oh, it's not even that.

OddObserver fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Dec 21, 2017

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

As a former "Hawaiian Shirt Fat Kid," I approve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Kthulhu5000 posted:

Any politician who stands on "decorum", "moral high ground", "political capital" and all that phony horseshit is showing themselves to be more concerned with the appearance of the office and not what they're loving in that office to do.

Honestly this sounds like words someone would say explaining why they vote trump.

• Locked thread