Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Peeny Cheez posted:

after the Diane fact sheet fell out of my bag.

the what now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Antiandrogens.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

ooh ok. we don't get those fancy non-spiro anti androgens here :911:

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Are they fancy? I just takes what they gives me.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

well cyproterone it has different side effects, probably doesn't make you pee as much, tradeoffs I guess

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

I don't think it's actually possible for me to pee any more than I already do

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Yeah in the USA the fda only allows Spiro. If you're getting something else you're buying it grey market or your doctor is sidestepping the law.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

yeah I tried to suggest to my endo that he should prescribe me finasteride for the male pattern baldness in my family but he didn't want to / didn't catch on / idk

I am not a doctor so can't really complain

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Silver Alicorn posted:

yeah I tried to suggest to my endo that he should prescribe me finasteride for the male pattern baldness in my family but he didn't want to / didn't catch on / idk

I am not a doctor so can't really complain

My doctor says finasteride barely works anyway. If you're worried about hair loss Spiro will do OK but the best remedy is cutting your goddamn balls off

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Oh, I'm not worried about hair loss, I'm more worried about suppressing T, just using that as an in for something other than spiro

I'd heard finasteride sorta works but maybe I'm confusing it with dutasteride

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
i switched away from spiro after about a year since i was sleeping like 10 hours a day + another 1 or 2 hour nap. things seem to be better on finasteride but we'll see at the two month blood test. i can post a trip report if anyone wants, though it's so much up to personal chemistry it's probably effectively worthless.

anyway if it's not effective it's time to schedule the ol snippity snippity since i didn't become an abomination unto man and god to have to pee every thirty minutes

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

cis autodrag posted:

Yeah in the USA the fda only allows Spiro. If you're getting something else you're buying it grey market or your doctor is sidestepping the law.
Holy poo poo, you're right.

My doc's in Mexico and they've never given me any poo poo at the border. I wouldn't get into too much trouble, would I?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Peeny Cheez posted:

Holy poo poo, you're right.

My doc's in Mexico and they've never given me any poo poo at the border. I wouldn't get into too much trouble, would I?

It's not illegal to have. It's just against fda guidelines for your doctor to prescribe it for off label use as an antiandrogen. You're fine.

But... Going to Mexico for medical care is not a great idea.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Silver Alicorn posted:

Oh, I'm not worried about hair loss, I'm more worried about suppressing T, just using that as an in for something other than spiro

I'd heard finasteride sorta works but maybe I'm confusing it with dutasteride

Spiro is fine for you then. There's not really a reason to switch unless you absolutely must eat six tons of salt substitute a day and don't have access to a bathroom for all the peeing.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

cis autodrag posted:

It's not illegal to have. It's just against fda guidelines for your doctor to prescribe it for off label use as an antiandrogen. You're fine.

Eh, the war's over and I see one particular doctor down there because they came recommended. Anything heavy and I'll see my doc in WeHo.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

cis autodrag posted:

yeah i thought americans were supposed to go north to get their drugs

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Depends on which border you're... bordering. Also Mexican dental is sublime so long as you do a little research and have someone to get you home.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

cis autodrag posted:

Spiro is fine for you then. There's not really a reason to switch unless you absolutely must eat six tons of salt substitute a day and don't have access to a bathroom for all the peeing.

at my previous position, the peeing would have been an issue, not so much now I guess

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Spent Xmas in Wisconsin. While we were in waukesha we overheard a lady at another table ask the restaurant manager to ask us to stop holding hands. Her hair looked exactly how you'd expect.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

cis autodrag posted:

Spent Xmas in Wisconsin. While we were in waukesha we overheard a lady at another table ask the restaurant manager to ask us to stop holding hands. Her hair looked exactly how you'd expect.

:rip:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
The manager came over and really quietly asked us how our food was. Guess he was faking it so she wouldn't stiff her waiter or something. We kissed after he walked away lol.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

cis autodrag posted:

like this?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Lol

It was a classic "can I see your manager" bangs in front spikes in back affair.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Coupe midwest

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Also I loving hate those kinds of people who not only have an issue with you holding hands but then don't have the balls to say something about it themselves, rather letting some poor restaurant manager deal with it. Bah! I'm mad now.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
then there was the woman kicked out of a Starbucks for freaking out that a couple students at the next table were speaking Korean

the United States of America is not just a failed state, it’s a failed society

people like that and the rear end in a top hat upset at cis autodrag & wife should be getting inpatient treatment, not left to navigate the world without basic life skills like “accepting other human beings” and “not being absolute poo poo”

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
spent christmas with family. mom has completely come around, is supportive, and even asked for a copy of the photo in which my leather club and I depict The Last Supper.

mom also explained it's not actually grandpa i might want to be restrained around but my aunt; cool aunt is the "love everyone" sort of christian, aunt crusader is more fire and brimstone (my entire family is p religious, sort of including me, but we're super liberal, including most of the churches. the christmas sermon here was all about reaching out to those inconvenient to society and supporting them)

of course aunt crusader promptly called a day later and i had to suppress the urge to just sorta yell IM GAY into the phone, then toss it into the trash. sad thing is, we suspect at least one of aunt crusader's two unmarried kids of being a stealth lesbian (or asexual, that is also a thing) and i'm trying to think of a secret signal i can use to tell them its ok?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Lunar Suite posted:

spent christmas with family. mom has completely come around, is supportive, and even asked for a copy of the photo in which my leather club and I depict The Last Supper.

mom also explained it's not actually grandpa i might want to be restrained around but my aunt; cool aunt is the "love everyone" sort of christian, aunt crusader is more fire and brimstone (my entire family is p religious, sort of including me, but we're super liberal, including most of the churches. the christmas sermon here was all about reaching out to those inconvenient to society and supporting them)

of course aunt crusader promptly called a day later and i had to suppress the urge to just sorta yell IM GAY into the phone, then toss it into the trash. sad thing is, we suspect at least one of aunt crusader's two unmarried kids of being a stealth lesbian (or asexual, that is also a thing) and i'm trying to think of a secret signal i can use to tell them its ok?

There's nothing you can do short of being out to them. Anything else you do might feel like a trap.

Unaccepting family are the worst and it fucks your head so hard. My aunt and uncle innocently passed on my grandma's message to "give him my love" without understanding one bit how badly that hurt. My grandma is like the bitch mom in Sense 8.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Like this:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Glazier posted:

Like this:

Thar she blows

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Lunar Suite posted:

the photo in which my leather club and I depict The Last Supper.
Post it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

today i got caught up on some required work training, one of them was a 45 minute course on workplace harassment. there was a video module on transgender people, alongside but distinct from the rest of the sexual alphabet soup

idk if that's interesting news for anyone or particularly uncommon anymore, but seeing it in my workplace--heavily right leaning, us military/govt contractor--was surprising and nice

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

eschaton posted:

then there was the woman kicked out of a Starbucks for freaking out that a couple students at the next table were speaking Korean

the United States of America is not just a failed state, it’s a failed society

people like that and the rear end in a top hat upset at cis autodrag & wife should be getting inpatient treatment, not left to navigate the world without basic life skills like “accepting other human beings” and “not being absolute poo poo”

reeducation is generally frowned upon in the us and when it's tepidly engaged in it's framed as corporate compliance and generally has no weight and is, at best, ridiculed

we'd get a lot less people demanding to talk to managers if it could result in them being sent away for several weeks at their family's expense

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Stymie posted:

reeducation is generally frowned upon in the us and when it's tepidly engaged in it's framed as corporate compliance and generally has no weight and is, at best, ridiculed

we'd get a lot less people demanding to talk to managers if it could result in them being sent away for several weeks at their family's expense

Stymie, you're welcome to post in here but im preemptively warning you to be good or get obliterated.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

today i got caught up on some required work training, one of them was a 45 minute course on workplace harassment. there was a video module on transgender people, alongside but distinct from the rest of the sexual alphabet soup

idk if that's interesting news for anyone or particularly uncommon anymore, but seeing it in my workplace--heavily right leaning, us military/govt contractor--was surprising and nice

US government contractors are specifically required not to discriminate based on gender identity even if the state they're operating in would allow it so that 45 minute course was probably tacked on to the rest once obama made that rule a thing

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

here's the classy version. amazing what a good photoshopgrapher does to your face

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Lunar Suite posted:

here's the classy version. amazing what a good photoshopgrapher does to your face

are you 80 year old leather daddy jesus

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
manchesterleathermen.org dns seems to be hosed

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

ate all the Oreos posted:

are you 80 year old leather daddy jesus
:wink:

bob dobbs is dead posted:

manchesterleathermen.org dns seems to be hosed

you have no idea. it's awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

yosqueer holiday report, did Christmas 2 days late edition: