Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Having said that, if you were given the choice between two identical jobs, one working for Ferrari and one for Ford, which one would you choose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Actually McLaren are good

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wicka posted:

Ferrari is god awful at running a sports team in a league that tilts everything in their favor.

Just gently caress off already

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Carth Dookie posted:

Having said that, if you were given the choice between two identical jobs, one working for Ferrari and one for Ford, which one would you choose?

They probably don't make that much but I am regularly jealous of the people who work at the Ferrari dealership down the street from my apartment. They get to drive those things from the dealership to the lot, phwoar.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Carth Dookie posted:

Ford probably pays more tbh

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Carth Dookie posted:

Work in Italy enjoying exquisite Italian wines, beautiful country side, delicious pastas and charming women or work in Detroit where I will likely be stabbed and come home to my copper wires stripped out of my walls. Very tough decision, I'm on the fence about this one.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yeah but Italy doesn't have Big Sean quotes on its public transit

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Work in Italy enjoying exquisite Italian wines, beautiful country side, delicious pastas and charming women or work in Detroit where I will likely be stabbed and come home to my copper wires stripped out of my walls. Very tough decision, I'm on the fence about this one.

Free copper recycling. What a country we live in.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Has anyone mentioned that McLaren can't find a title sponsor and Zak Brown, the so called sponsor-god of F1, is just trying to spin it so the story doesn't come off as negative as it does and that Ferrari is still FerrAIDSri?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Wirth1000 posted:

Has anyone mentioned that McLaren can't find a title sponsor and Zak Brown, the so called sponsor-god of F1, is just trying to spin it so the story doesn't come off as negative as it does and that Ferrari is still FerrAIDSri?

Yes and No

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Norns posted:

Yeah but Italy doesn't have Big Sean quotes on its public transit

rear end rear end rear end rear end rear end

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Nice Fiero

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wirth1000 posted:

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Is that Massa's car?

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Very interesting info about Ford. Speaking of which, Henry Ford was a Nazi.

you shouldn't look too closely at ferrari either. ferrari had some nazis in their history aswell like Sergio Marchionne, sebastion vettle, and Kimi Raikonnen

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

iospace posted:

Is that Massa's car?

You're Massa's car

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
Stroll driver of the day

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Our Niki said in his book that Enzo was an antisemite. Basically the same guy as Henry Ford.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

GramCracker posted:

Lmao, great historical events and film.

Henry Ford #2: "Here is literally a blank check. Make me a car that will embarrass Ferrari at their own game."
Shelby & Co: "We got you fam."

Ferrari proceeded to get rekt.

Don't you mean Lola instead of Shelby?

I have a Ford competition book written in 1965 just before Ford skull hosed Ferrari with sections written by Jim Clark, Stirling Moss, Alan Mann, Bruce McLaren and Denis Jenkinson.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

You Am I posted:

Don't you mean Lola instead of Shelby?

off the top of my head, lola built the original prototypes and chassis, but they were total dogs until ford gave them to shelby to tune and prepare

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

I was napping and Robert Kubica appeared in the dream, he told me "Don't worry baby, I'll win the championship this year."

When I woke up I cried because I knew I was truly visited by an angel.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I mean smoking is very bad and nobody should do it and I'm glad I quit but smoking is undeniably cool as hell.
Same. I don't miss it though, thank gently caress.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Lmao, this is a great channel to follow by the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpLqiY03qXY

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

Fuckin lol'd

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
I liked Ferrari when Magnum drove one

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Schlesische posted:

I like the part where it takes the team with an unlimited budget 3 years to make a car that can finish Le Mans.
I also liked the part where a fat gently caress got so pissed off Ferrari didn't just give him the entire company on a platter that he decided to create an unlimited budget team that would promptly embarrass the hell out of him for 2 years before finally finding a way to screw over a guy on their team who was on the verge of making history.

It's funny because when they bought the current Ford GT back to WEC they sandbagged so loving badly at Spa so they could get a favorable BOP for LeMans. Plus they are still too bitchmade to sell cars to privateers. Americans, just like the terrible Brits and subhuman Australians are all garbagemen.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

It's an MR2, I can tell by the seats and the centre cubby thingy. Plus it's RHD with NZ plates.

My mate sometimes gets a F355 rep at his garage. It's got gigantic loving spacers, the taillights are fiberglassed into the rear panel meaning changing the bulbs is impossible, water leaks into the rear boot from the single piece engine lid. The frunk section was hillarious when I opened it up with the Ferrari headlight covers literally stuck on top of the standard ones.

Basically it was a massive piece of poo poo and the funny thing is that he ended up needing to have the engine rebuilt because of previous owner fuckery. I don't know why you'd even consider buying someones completely half arsed Ferrari rep let alone spunk even more money trying to make it less of a massive turd. I'm sure by the time he's added up the costs he could've bought something that was actually good.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
My old man ran a 355 back when they were ridiculously cheap (£30-35k, around 2006). It was absolutely sublime but holy poo poo the running costs.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Kinda wish I'd bought a 993 911 back then when prices were also at their lowest price point, although I probably wouldn't have been able to hang on to it for 10 years.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

track day bro! posted:

Kinda wish I'd bought a 993 911 bitcoin back then when prices were also at their lowest price point, although I probably wouldn't have been able to hang on to it for 10 years.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what is the best doc about ferrari and enzo?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

The first half of the 24 hour war which documents Ford's frustration post Enzo walking out of the meeting and promptly goes into Ford getting shitcanned for 2 years from the Ford perspective is a high point.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

track day bro! posted:

Kinda wish I'd bought a 993 911 back then when prices were also at their lowest price point, although I probably wouldn't have been able to hang on to it for 10 years.

Hell any air-cooled Porka would've done the trick. Even the 996 is starting to appreciate rapidly despite being unfairly unloved for so long.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

DoctorGonzo posted:

Salo

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont understand that reference

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Theophany posted:

Hell any air-cooled Porka would've done the trick. Even the 996 is starting to appreciate rapidly despite being unfairly unloved for so long.

I think I'm just going to stick with my 25 year old japanese shitbox with a tonne of miles on it in the vain hope it might be worth something in the bleak all electric autonomous driving future.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

track day bro! posted:

I think I'm just going to stick with my 25 year old japanese shitbox with a tonne of miles on it in the vain hope it might be worth something in the bleak all electric autonomous driving future.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/2325...lue3&rmvSB=true

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
For less money you could get https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1982-Audi-Coupe-2-1-Quattro-3dr/253197121670?hash=item3af3b97886:g:OukAAOSwVqlZ8xE8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

DoctorGonzo posted:

i dont understand that reference

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sal%C3%B2,_or_the_120_Days_of_Sodom

A very non-worksafe movie

• Locked thread