Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Guys don’t drink and shop or you’ll end up with ridiculous poo poo like Smokey socks

Once in college I was super confused when I was delivered a rock climbing helmet, until my roommate reminded me of my drunken declaration the previous weekend that I was going to summit Mt Hood, followed by an expedition to Amazon.com for supplies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Ehud posted:

It's the best show

curious what part you think is nerd pandering tho

Literally the entire thing but I love it anyway

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I finished JCVJ so of course now I’m watching Time Cop.

Oh Mia Sara

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Skwirl posted:

Why the gently caress would two adults watch Home Alone 2 in 2017?

I like the banter between Marv and Harry

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Also the whole point of that post was the John Mulaney joke anyway

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
~*~ get hosed confeds ~*~

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/943654534391435264

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Literally the entire thing but I love it anyway

How far into it are you

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Why the gently caress would two adults watch Home Alone 2 in 2017?

bro, you dead inside, bro?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Ehud posted:

How far into it are you

Ep. 5 as we speak

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m also wrapping Christmas presents and I just wrote a card as Maggie to my gf’s Dog to go along with the gift she got her

What is happening to me

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I also got some shoe polish and along with signing the card out Maggie’s paw print in it

If college me could see this he’d kick my rear end

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Domestication is fine you just gotta lean into it.

I'm buildin some mofuckin shelves in the garage next week, for example.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Spoeank posted:

Domestication is fine you just gotta lean into it.

I'm buildin some mofuckin shelves in the garage next week, for example.

She wants me to build her a blanket ladder. I had to ask what a blanket ladder was.

Apparently it’s just a ladder thing that leans against the wall in the living room that you hang blankets on.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

She wants me to build her a blanket ladder. I had to ask what a blanket ladder was.

Apparently it’s just a ladder thing that leans against the wall in the living room that you hang blankets on.

I refuse to believe this is a thing and instead will believe it is a hideous, unspeakable sex act.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Spoeank posted:

already did friendo

You could watch the best Macaulay Culkin movie, Saved!

Then watch My Girl

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

I refuse to believe this is a thing and instead will believe it is a hideous, unspeakable sex act.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/238918...GxoCIasQAvD_BwE

Blanket ladder

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Skwirl posted:

Then watch first one.

It's the same movie

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Kalli posted:

Then watch My Girl

Saved! is so funny. My Girl is a good movie.

Neither are Christmas movies though!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The only part I didn't like about from Home Alone 2 is that Harry / Marv should have had their heads crushed in from a brick thrown that distance.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

HatfulOfHollow posted:

The Last Jedi is better on second viewing. And after careful consideration I’ve decided it’s my favorite Star Wars movie. There’s so much good stuff in there.

Wife and I just got back from it and I have no idea what about it people are objecting to. It has it's foibles but it's a fun movie about blasty shooty ships and laser wizards in space. pew pew zooooom zaaaaap wow.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Would've been a shorter movie

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
It's kind of disturbing just how much the violence is ramped up in Home Alone 2.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's kind of disturbing just how much the violence is ramped up in Home Alone 2.

Lmao we see more brain trauma per hour every Sunday

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Quiet Feet posted:

Wife and I just got back from it and I have no idea what about it people are objecting to. It has it's foibles but it's a fun movie about blasty shooty ships and laser wizards in space. pew pew zooooom zaaaaap wow.

It just needed an editor.

We didn't need porgs and ice tinkling fox things.

And there were like... 50% too many one-liners.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Ah gently caress tomorrow is the white elephant gift swap at work and I completely spaced. I'm walking around the house trying to see what weird poo poo I can give away

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Kalli posted:

Spoeank posted:

Saved! is so funny.

Man I knew yall had good taste. I've genuinely never met anyone who's seen or remembered that movie.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Saved! Is a movie every high schooler should see.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Man I knew yall had good taste. I've genuinely never met anyone who's seen or remembered that movie.

I literally cant see a crucifix without thinking, "now thats what I call being hung on a cross"

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Blitz7x posted:

Ah gently caress tomorrow is the white elephant gift swap at work and I completely spaced. I'm walking around the house trying to see what weird poo poo I can give away

Buddy

Gas station

$20 in scratch off lottery tickets

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Team coulda taken 2/3 games tonight but we lost by two pins being down one guy :negative:

All of us were hitting the pocket right but leaving a corner pin up making spares tricky

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Buddy

Gas station

20$ in scratch offs, with 19$ worth already scratched off.

I also approve of the John Mulaney jokes on going itt.

Shame his sitcom sucked though.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Team coulda taken 2/3 games tonight but we lost by two pins being down one guy :negative:

All of us were hitting the pocket right but leaving a corner pin up making spares tricky

Edit: gently caress 10 Pins

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

Buddy

Gas station

Get the crossword kind. Those are at least less mindless than the rest.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

what baffled me the most about star wars was the new one had way more violence than the previous ones, real visceral gore with guys getting cut in half when the first trilogy had what, luke's hand getting cut off, and everywhere else it was way more obviously targeted to kids, from the ending coda with the kid to the penguin and dog things

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

piss tape israel posted:

I hope paul Ryan dies
I would say he would go to hell, but soulless randian homculi don't really go anywhere.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Chiefs goons: Gary Lezak came out of the closet. I thought he was married to a lady? I dunno.

E: nope guess he's been with the same dude for 20 years.

He was the one who beat some terrible type of cancer a few years ago wasn't he?

Good for him, it sounds like the response has mostly been positive other than a few religious blowhards.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
loving Christ.
https://twitter.com/MikeDrucker/status/943508447940579328

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

He was the one who beat some terrible type of cancer a few years ago wasn't he?

Good for him, it sounds like the response has mostly been positive other than a few religious blowhards.

The same. Also the guy who talked poo poo on Smith and got dunked on by his wife on Twitter.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

hifi posted:

what baffled me the most about star wars was the new one had way more violence than the previous ones, real visceral gore with guys getting cut in half when the first trilogy had what, luke's hand getting cut off, and everywhere else it was way more obviously targeted to kids, from the ending coda with the kid to the penguin and dog things

ANH had literal charred corpses
ESB had Vader get decapitated (in a vision but still)
ROTJ had uhhh... I'm blanking
TPM had Darth Maul get cut in half
AotC had Jango Fett get decapitated
RotS had Anakin half charred and all messed up

They all have moments of violence

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I like how in AC:Origins Bayek’s thought process is “this person did something I dont like? Fuckin kill them!”

He’s supposed to be this good guy but I gotta be honest I think he’s a little stab happy.

Like c’mon Bayak at least ask them why they did what they did?

“Oh no someone is poisoning crocodiles?!”

STAB THEM IN THE FACE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Amy Pole Her posted:

Buddy

Gas station

My man