Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Venom teams up with...

C.O.B.R.A.

E: :synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Synthbuttrange posted:

Venom infects a confused anime. Nani Venom.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Roughly 20% of all anime characters have Venom's powers as it is.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Synthbuttrange posted:

Venom infects Mary Poppins. Nanny Venom.
Tell me more

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy

Is there a term for being able to see butt cheeks through a thigh gap?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Venom's Vagina Bones

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Clamknuckle posted:

"anime"

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Clamknuckle posted:

"Cheek Sag" or it's more technical term "Perversion"

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Synthbuttrange posted:

Venom infects Mary Poppins. Nanny Venom.

Just wait until you see the stinger for Mary Poppins Returns next year.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Clamknuckle posted:

There actually is but gently caress if I can remember it right now

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

DACK FAYDEN posted:

yes yes it's "antivenin" you trolled me good job

What are you talking about?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Proteus Jones posted:

What are you talking about?

"antivenin" is another name for "Anti-venom". It used to be the preferred term, blah blah blah, English is an ever evolving language, yadda yadda, just say Anti-venom.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Now I'm imagining this absurdly pedantic ER nurse who keeps saying "excuse me? Anti-WHAT?" as a pleading person slowly dies from snakebites.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

People don't die from snakebites though.

They die from the venom.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I know one thing. This tangent is killing me.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

CzarChasm posted:

"antivenin" is another name for "Anti-venom". It used to be the preferred term, blah blah blah, English is an ever evolving language, yadda yadda, just say Anti-venom.
Yeah, I had just run into this elsewhere* like two hours before I read the original post so I Baader-Meinhof'd myself into assuming that it was deliberately emphasizing the word "antivenom" to get the people who think it's still supposed to be "antivenin".

(the WHO has used "antivenom" as the preferred English nomenclature since the 80s, as I discovered when I did the research on this the previous time, so it's actually correct to just say antivenom even if you're a prescriptivist and not a descriptivist)

*would you believe it was on okcupid?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

His new name shall be Anti-Venison, for his alien physiology requires only vegetarian sustenance now. And he just saw Bambi.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Anti-Venom is still a better name than Spidercide.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
I unironically love Anti-Venom as a name because it is simultaneously the most silver age thing ever, and yet it's also a real thing that exists, and it's also incredibly literal and makes you immediately figure out what the general deal is. Unless you think it's, like, Venom that got blasted by Mr. Negative or something.

And there's way worse names. Like the aforementioned Spidercide. Or Dreadface. Or ZZZXX. Or Phage.
And it's not like we haven't had some DUMB versions of venom put on actual marvel comics before.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
To be fair, the original Anti-Venom was Eddie Brock getting blasted by Mr. Negative.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Say Nothing posted:

Look at this wrong and terrible opinion.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

KaosMachina posted:

I unironically love Anti-Venom as a name because it is simultaneously the most silver age thing ever, and yet it's also a real thing that exists, and it's also incredibly literal and makes you immediately figure out what the general deal is. Unless you think it's, like, Venom that got blasted by Mr. Negative or something.

And there's way worse names. Like the aforementioned Spidercide. Or Dreadface. Or ZZZXX. Or Phage.
And it's not like we haven't had some DUMB versions of venom put on actual marvel comics before.

I think you got your image link wrong dude, all I see is the loving raddest poo poo ever

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Other mishmashes because why not:

https://twitter.com/sanfordgreene/status/943504787592634369

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I didn't notice the Phoenix at first and thought it was Ghost Rider Punisher. Of course the flaming skull would just be in his shirt.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
God I'd be loving furious too if my nipples were on fire

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Deadpool vs. Old Man Logan #3

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Clamknuckle posted:

"Good Artist"?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

"Good Artist"?

He didn't ask for the antonym.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

KaosMachina posted:

It's a sad day when Danny gets replaced by Master Pandemonium.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Say Nothing posted:

How does one begin to explain the calf situation going on here? Because Ben looks OK.

Is he wearing some kind of Megaman boot?

Or did this guy get bit by a radioactive Rob Leifeld and he now has the disproportionate muscle mass of an artist that failed anatomy?

Mousepractice
Jan 30, 2005

A pint of plain is your only man

CzarChasm posted:

How does one begin to explain the calf situation going on here? Because Ben looks OK.

Or did this guy get bit by a radioactive Rob Leifeld and he now has the disproportionate muscle mass of an artist that failed anatomy?

'stupid giant calf boots with just the toe sticking out' were to the 90s what 'pirate style cavalier boots with the tops rolled down' were to 60s

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Spawn had this ridiculous red slab boot only on one foot. It looked like he stuck his foot in an upside down trash can covered in spikes

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

purple death ray posted:

an upside down trash can covered in spikes

That actually is a pretty good summary of a lot of Liefeld's designs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was when Todd decided to be all "NO gently caress YOU IT'S NOT THE PROWLER'S COSTUME" and made Spawn even edgier than he already was.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Reminds me of Amalgam comics Legends of the Dark Claw; or, "What if we mashed Wolverine and his enemies together with Batman and his enemies?"

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm unbelievably mad the little cut out parts of his claws aren't in the shape of a bat.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Ra's-a-Pocalypse was a truly inspired creation.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Amalgam Year One was incredible. It's a good thing they don't play nice these days because they'd have absolutely ruined the concept with overuse.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Dark Claw is a incredible design and I will not entertain any dissenting opinions :colbert: Jubilee being his Robin was totes adorbs too :blush:

Matter of fact, I'm with Rhyno, Amalgam Year One was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IYKK
Mar 13, 2006

CzarChasm posted:

I think that character was some kind of shape-shifter.