Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

I'm just getting a "servers too busy" message.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

its still 30 minutes

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

What are timezones?

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Tres Burritos posted:

What are timezones?

lol if your country doesn't span like 5 time zones but only has 1 (chynuh)

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Tres Burritos posted:

What are timezones?

Well really there's only one, God's True Time Zone, Eastern time, aka 1:40am currently.

Evilpiggie
Feb 22, 2009
Looks like a quality launch so far from the looks of things.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/943739853736497152

should be just another hour

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Evilpiggie posted:

Looks like a quality launch so far from the looks of things.

none of them are good

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

:argh:

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

should be just another hour

time for a nap

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

i'm in

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Yeah, looks like it.

https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/943753321998843904

Let's see if the servers fall over.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Xbox version is looking good

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Played one game on live 1.0 NA, no rubber banding. Died basically immediately due to having sound only through monitor speakers but hey at least the servers are not on fire yet.

lohli posted:

Xbox version is looking good

put that as a hat in game as a rare drop and you'd have a thousand dollar item

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Still asks if you want to continue match after you're dead and back to the lobby. Plus the pick up system is completely hosed if you're anywhere near a door and don't use Tab.

Might just be my pc but when you load the game and backdrop loads in and it just hangs there for like 10 seconds before it even tries to connect with the server.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Dec 21, 2017

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

ChesterJT posted:

Might just be my pc but when you load the game and backdrop loads in and it just hangs there for like 10 seconds before it even tries to connect with the server.

Same.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!

Jiro posted:

Anyone running an Nvidia card used that new 388.71 driver? I'm running a 1060gtx on a laptop should I update the driver?

I have an Intel i7 7700k and a GTX 970 with the new driver and the game is running way above 60 on medium/high settings even in the lobby on 1080p. Didn't play the test server so I don't know if the driver is contributing much to that improvement from a few months ago.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
saw on the twitters that the green screening is caused by the fps counter from reshade. If you turn that if you might be ok. I played a few without trouble, but didn't have the gfx update yet

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
in the desert, in a full release game

feels good to get dinners with no rain

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
What is the equivalent of the school on the new map? Is there one yet? I took some time off and need to get a feel for how this game plays again. All that mario odyssey has left me soft and weak.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

AnElegantPeacock posted:

What is the equivalent of the school on the new map? Is there one yet? I took some time off and need to get a feel for how this game plays again. All that mario odyssey has left me soft and weak.

Hacienda del patron is pretty much in the middle of the map and always seems to see a good bit of action. If for some reason it doesn't, worst case scenario is you being stuck with more weapons and ammo than you can carry in a baller villa

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Hacienda is the desert version of school I think, as a centrally located area with decent loot and ~10 people dropping at it.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Hacienda del Patron seems to be the new school

E: beaten

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Thanks goons. I'll see you nerds in the hacienda.

Edit: First drop on the hacienda I get killed by a frag grenade. First time that's ever happened in 120 hours of playing this dumb game.

Edit: Second drop: Nobody else dropped there. Ended up with level 3 everything except for the backpack, completely kitted out silenced SCAR with a 4x, and health and boosts for days. Then I forgot how vehicles work in this game and died bailing out of a speeding truck. I wasn't even in danger, i just wanted to have a look around.

Gr4vyB04t fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Dec 21, 2017

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

AnElegantPeacock posted:

There is also the Pecado Arena.

Grimwall
Dec 11, 2006

Product of Schizophrenia

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Pecado wrestling arena gets consistent high number of players.

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
I find Pecado way more fun also because it's a small village with plenty of people playing. Always gets lots of shooting and hiding

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It's just searching for a game forever...not finding anything :(

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
"PC servers are down in all regions. We are investigating the cause. We greatly appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience."

:allears:

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
How hard is the learning curve on this for people like me that are no good at things like CoD and prefer something like Overwatch or World of Tanks, I’m a Xbox player if that’s relevant. The game looks good but I don’t know if I’d get past the 90 players left mark.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It's mostly just luck

You can get better at the game but most of my deaths have been to guys I couldn't see. It's not like a tense firefight or whatever, it's about who gets the drop on who first. Sometimes I go entire games and only see like 2 people total as well so even if you suck you can do well if you're just careful

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I updated the game, booted it up and tried to join matchmaking.

Immediately crashed

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Anime_Otaku posted:

How hard is the learning curve on this for people like me that are no good at things like CoD and prefer something like Overwatch or World of Tanks, I’m a Xbox player if that’s relevant. The game looks good but I don’t know if I’d get past the 90 players left mark.

Review videos of how the game looks/runs on Xbox if you are considering playing it on that platform. General consensus is that it runs like poo poo and looks even worse, no joke.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Anime_Otaku posted:

It's a good and fun game with some occasional hurdles to the immense enjoyment and doesn't really have much of a learning curve outside of non-hitscan weapons, but the console version might have a few hurdles too many to be worth it.

The game may be worth avoiding on xbone unless you have the One X because of the almost unplayably poor performance(15-20fps a lot of the time), it also doesn't have any aim assist on the console version last I checked, which has made for no small number of really badly embarrassing videos of people unable to hit eachother while standing 10 feet away.

Also loving up and dying early in this game is pretty punishing if you're playing with friends because you basically have to sit out the rest of the round unless they want to drop out, if the pain of not being able to respawn sounds like too much, on top of the downsides of suffering through the experience of PUBG on a console, then the game might not be for you.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I appreciate dying early sometimes because it gives me more time to post on something awful dot com

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!

Anime_Otaku posted:

Die a bunch, enjoy the game with fellow Goons on the Discord.

iSimian
Jan 19, 2008

Well, there's your problem!
Is the in-game voice chat not working for others as well?

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
I feel this game shares a key trait with Dwarf Fortress. That game's motto is "losing is fun".

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Day 1 of 1.0, cheater in the very first game:

e: the snap to grid thing is part of the replay system apparently! I cap a gif of him scanning the hillside and zeroing in and hitting me obscured behind a tree

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Dec 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

I feel this game shares a key trait with Dwarf Fortress. That game's motto is "losing is fun".

It's best to play this game assuming that there is at all times another player just out of your vision with a bead on your head and there's nothing you can do about it, so don't feel too bad about it when you get killed

• Locked thread