Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
And there's virtually no interaction with the other fuckheads who are playing on the map with you, no chat, no lobby, no anything other than 'he shot me' or 'I shot him'. It's the best multiplayer experience ever, and dying immediately just means you start a new game and take 90 seconds loading in/parachuting down again.

Also you can be bad at the mans shooting and still win/place highly at this game because it also requires smarts and positioning and luck, not just the ability to run around a 25' x 25' map with dual shotguns and a snoot full of adderall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKFKSDudWIE

:whitewater:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Why does the new Youtube app ask for special permissions, and of course every time I load it up I have to say no three times.

The Netflix app is so much better.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Theres a custom windows store app called mytube i think that you can dl on the xbone, works a lot better i hear

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

hanyolo posted:

Theres a custom windows store app called mytube i think that you can dl on the xbone, works a lot better i hear

It doesn't support 4k but the new official YouTube app does

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

So how does this "paying for a half finished game" stuff work? Do I get that money discounted off the full game or do I have to pay again? (re: PUBG)

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

So how does this "paying for a half finished game" stuff work? Do I get that money discounted off the full game or do I have to pay again? (re: PUBG)

You effectively get the full patched game whenever that's done. It's the same as Steam Early Access. Including in terms of framerate.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

PUBG is quite janky but it is also quite fun. I do not regret my $22 preorder off of Amazon.

I do not regret staying up until 1am on a week night with my buddy, screaming and hollering about trying to punch someone to death before they finish loading their shotgun.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Just finished AC Origins. :stare: it is a ridiculously ambitious and excellent game, as well as the best showcase for X visuals. I thought Horizon would easily be my GOTY but I think Origins beats it. Very similar games, really. Don't write it off just because it's AC. It's very different from previous iterations and a good starting off point if you stopped playing/never played AC games.

Just wish they would stop shoehorning ship battle levels into the games. It was novel in Black Flag but I'm tired of it now.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Just finished AC Origins. :stare: it is a ridiculously ambitious and excellent game, as well as the best showcase for X visuals. I thought Horizon would easily be my GOTY but I think Origins beats it. Very similar games, really. Don't write it off just because it's AC. It's very different from previous iterations and a good starting off point if you stopped playing/never played AC games.

Just wish they would stop shoehorning ship battle levels into the games. It was novel in Black Flag but I'm tired of it now.

I've never liked an AC game, but everyone saying that this one is different in a variety of ways has me intrigued. I'll probably wait until I find a good deal though.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Some actual sea of thieves content (finally)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB9hJNfMa5M

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Destiny clone

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
so its a grindy loot game but the only rewards are cosmetic items and "reputation"?

ok

good job with the graphics upgrade though

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Beastie posted:

I've never liked an AC game, but everyone saying that this one is different in a variety of ways has me intrigued. I'll probably wait until I find a good deal though.

I just finished it at 47 hours I played. I do not play much in the way of games any more, and I think I’ve only ever finished one or two assassins creed games (they are so tedious sometimes) but drat was this a good one. I don’t think I ever got bored, and there was always some new cool tomb or base or side quest to hit. The plot story was better than almost all the others, still quite mediocre.

I got it on sale during Black Friday and I think at 20-40% off it’s totally worth it.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

hanyolo posted:

i was tentatively excited about this but not after this video :whitewater:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

All this AC talk makes me want armored core to get love again

I need my robits

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

man i ain't liked an armored core game since project phantasma on the ps1

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

hanyolo posted:

Nothing I've seen regarding this game interests me. The art is boring, the sailing looks boring, the weapons and gun-play looks boring.

Then I watch this video, and like the poster above, I can tell it is a boring Destiny Clone.

Actually, the water looks really cool.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Sea of Thieves is a helpful reminder that there are a ton of side activities in Black Flag I haven't done yet.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

financially racist posted:

i was tentatively excited about this but not after this video :whitewater:

Yeah Amazon Canada had this game at $40 cdn for some reason so I preordered but I am seeing no reason to keep it yet.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The year is 2022, all video games are just loot box opening simulators

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Have loot box unboxing videos taken YouTube by storm yet?

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I was under the impression that had been a thing for years already.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Beastie posted:

I've played the combined franchise maybe 30 minutes before Origins and I've got 120~ hours into Origins over two saves. The game is so drat fun especially if you like the old Egypt setting (I LOVE IT). The main character Bayak is one of my favorites ever.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

TheScott2K posted:

Have loot box unboxing videos taken YouTube by storm yet?

This is the thing. Only for like EA sports games because of Ultimate Team and mobile gacha games like Dragon Ball z Dokkan Battle. Never seen a TF2 crate opening video in my life. Who's gonna watch someone open COD WW2 boxes? If people are buying them they're doing it silently

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Just got NBA 2k18 Legend Edition for $39.99 Cdn after tax and shipping on the 2k store, normally $145.60!! That'll pay for some microtransactions i'll tell you whut. (comes with 100k nba bux, 20 myteam packs and some other aesthetic stuff you could buy if you're dumb)

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Hammerwatch is a pretty fun twin stick Guantlet style shooter. :10bux: is the right price for an impulse buy and other than some frame rate drops when moving from room to room I haven't found much not to like with the game.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Oh good I was looking for something to play since beating Overwatch.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
XB1X for 300: https://slickdeals.net/f/11048351-xbox-one-x-419-at-local-walmart-huge-ymmv#commentsBox

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Anyone playing PUBG on the One X notice any significant performance improvements after the patch?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Battlefield Bad Company, a good game, is now available with EA Access.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Le Saboteur posted:

Anyone playing PUBG on the One X notice any significant performance improvements after the patch?

I played a few rounds last night and the frame rate was much better. Looting and map use was all quicker as well.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Syrinxx posted:

Battlefield Bad Company, a good game, is now available with EA Access.

I'd kill to play it with a wider FoV. BC1 has the best SP of the series but it's hard to get used to that tiny field of view.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Le Saboteur posted:

I played one round on the XbonX last night while waiting for the PUBG PC servers to turn back on. It was significantly smoother and less lovely than it was pre-patch. It's still kind of crap compared to PC where I'm used to playing at 80+ fps on high/ultra settings, but it's not completely unplayable.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Digital foundry saying today that there is netcode issues that cause stuttering whenever you get near people so theyve got clips of them just fooling around and as soon as the screen hitches they get their guns out and sure enough theres immediately a fight (which they lose in part due to abysmal input lag)

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Recent update made the frame rate better. So does turning off game DVR and installing it to an external.

But like the poster above said you'll still get stuttering and rubber-banding like crazy. Between the lag and the lack of auto aim most firefights are a frightening yet hilarious panic attack.

Game Preview, what can you do.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Sounds like MS made a really good decision centering their whole xbonx marketing push on pubg.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Finster Dexter posted:

Sounds like MS made a really good decision centering their whole xbonx marketing push on pubg.

They should have focused on Minecraft 4k, those idiots.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I wonder who in Microsoft said "You know that game that barely runs on high end computers? We should make the the big xbox game."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

It was more like "We can centre our marketing around PUBG or... uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.............................."

I mean they're making a huge deal out of Sea of Thieves too and that looks awful.