Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3EVgMFaxY4

The Iwaki Alpha has a very special horn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
Bought 20 medium boxes.

Got:

Huang-He
Perth
De Grasse
Hood
Kidd

Good haul; I'm done.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
I too am a whale. Twenty boxes yielded:

15 dragon flags
15 Christmas camo x5
Okhotnik
Arizona
Graf Spee
15 hydra flags x2
1000 doubloons x2
15 ouroboros flags
15 wyvern flags x4
15 x Red dragon x2
300 doubloons

So nothing particularly amazing. I did want graf spee despite it not being very good. Christmas camo is decent.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I got 5 of the medium boxes and got the okhotnik and scharnhorst. The scharn looks like it could be fun.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

I got 5 of the medium boxes and got the okhotnik and scharnhorst. The scharn looks like it could be fun.
The Scharnhorst is pretty much the most fun ship in the game.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Wolfy posted:

The Scharnhorst is pretty much the most fun ship in the game.

Oh! Do I just go around killing cruisers/dd's in it and ignore bb's?

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Eltoasto posted:

You go around killing everything. The AP is more situational but it still puts the hurt on broadside BBs, it just can't overmatch any BB bows.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

I'm glad to see Wargaming still doesn't understand why requiring X kills of class A while playing class B is a bad idea.

Herr Bazooka
May 21, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

Obligatory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t-j1Kaeg4w

Verloc
Feb 15, 2001

Note to self: Posting 'lulz' is not a good idea.
I too went :shepspends: on crates.
Rolled a lot of doubloons and signals, but pulled 5 premiums.

Leningrad
Duca D'Aosta
Blyskawica
Huanghe
Okhotnik

I know nothing about these botes, though I play cruisers and destroyers exclusively so at least they'll get used. I will gratefully accept protips if anyone has any to offer.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I got 50 Zulus and a Mutsu from my two free santa crates, not a bad deal at all

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Just did 5 crates, got a few signals and camo, nothing great and a Okhotnik. The big Okhotnik isn't great. Its fun having that many guns though.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

CitizenKain posted:

Just did 5 crates, got a few signals and camo, nothing great and a Okhotnik. The big Okhotnik isn't great. Its fun having that many guns though.

I played a few games in my Okhotnik and I loved it. The guns were great, and people don't know just how many fish you can drop straight into their faces.

That torp reload is loving insane.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I played a few games in my Okhotnik and I loved it. The guns were great, and people don't know just how many fish you can drop straight into their faces.

That torp reload is loving insane.

I just wish the first game I had in it wasn't on Two Brothers where I was bottom tier and the only destroyer. I did take a Iron Duke with me at least.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

This is awesome, though he seems to be firing all AP on this and the general opinion i got from searching around was to use primarily HE. I tried both in some matches and AP seemed superior to me. It's fun though, for sure.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
The Julio is a looooooooooot of fun. Goes fast, turns fast, accurate as gently caress, too. I almost krak'n in both games I played with it and most of those were from dunking cruisers. It is by far the most fun I have had in a BB because it has none of the usual BB problems.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

This is awesome, though he seems to be firing all AP on this and the general opinion i got from searching around was to use primarily HE. I tried both in some matches and AP seemed superior to me. It's fun though, for sure.
The HE is okay when you need it, but generally if you find yourself in a position where you're primarily using HE, find another position. If you find yourself in those positions all of the time, find another ship, because the KGV is way better at that.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Scharnhorst is definitely one of the most fun battleships in the game. Mostly because it can do everything and fairly well at that.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
My 20 huge boxes gave me:
Flags
30 dragon ++
30 red dragon +
30 ouroboros +++
30 hydra +

Camo
15 type 59 ++++
30 frosty fir +++

Ships
Alabama
Kii
Huanghe

Doubloons
2k +++

Pretty nice, although the Huanghe looks like hot garbage.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Well the Duke of York missions are certainly a thing. As Sperglord Actual said, these "do X to ships of type Y while in ship of type Z" missions loving blow.

I don't have British cruisers of tier 5-8 so that rules me out of a bunch of missions immediately, and in fact my only tier 5 or higher cruiser is the Furutaka which has a 20 second reload on its guns so doing those "hit enemy battleships 250 times" missions are gonna be loving fuuuuun to do.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

i got a scharnhorst from my boxes and this ship fuckin owns

it feels like it's basically a fat cruiser. i don't play the german line so i'm just going to dedicate my 10pt captain to this and have fun in it.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I bought the 20 medium packs and I mostly got flags and camo, but I did get that 7 gun russian destroyer and like 4k gold so I guess I didn't lose money (lol i lost it the second it went to WG)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

So all of the baguettes are now in the client with this patch, and France and Alsace appear to be a secondary monsters:

the great currywurst has 2x twin 150mm (7.5s 1700 8%) and 5x twin 128mm (4s 1500 5%) per side, with a range of 7.7km
France has 3x triple 152mm (8s 2200 12%) and 4x twin 127mm (4s 1800 9%) per side, with a range of 7km

Freddie has 3x twin 150mm (7.5s 1700 8%) and 4x twin 128mm (3.4s 1200 5%) per side, with a range of 7.6km
Alsace has 3x triple 152mm (12s 2200 12%) and 5x twin 100mm (4s 1400 6%) per side, with a range of 7km

The 152mm turrets are centreline mounted like Yamato, which is a plus. Richelieu doesn't match though, it's only got 5km secondaries

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Eltoasto posted:

With the Scharn you fire HE basically when a BB is kiting away from you at an angle and a range greater than 8km OR you've just fired and know a DD is nearby. The standard reload is 20 seconds and with AR you can get that down pretty far (I think I had a 15 seconds reload yesterday when brawling) so having HE loaded if you think a DD might pop up isn't the end of the world because you can just blap whatever with the HE if the DD doesn't show up and swap to AP very quickly. Depending how you want to build/play the secondaries are funny, I personally prefer having BFT/AFT and a flag which gets them out to 6.4km (I think) but running the accuracy mod on the guns so I can devastate cruisers better.

davejk
Mar 22, 2007

Pillbug
From 10 of the loot boxes:

- Atlanta
- Gallant
- Okhotnik
- A bunch of hideous camos
- 2000 doubloons

Based on what I've seen that's much better than expected.

Darkrenown posted:

Pretty nice, although the Huanghe looks like hot garbage.

If you happen to need more detonation flags, it's a great way to farm those, since the magazines aren't in the citadel and can be detonated by 155mm HE landing in the water next to you.

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Der Shovel posted:

Except of course if you're in the EU in which case you get jack poo poo, apparently.

EU Santa stuff is up, btw.

Bought five medium boxes, scored all the three ships (Leningrad, Scharnhorst, Okhotnik) and some premium time from the free one. Haven't really shipped it in a while but I guess I will be during holidays!

Edit: Wellll make that five small and five big boxes more, with Mutsu, Gallant and De Grasse, with Anshan from the random pool. Now I hide my credit card.

Lunsku fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Dec 21, 2017

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Lunsku posted:

EU Santa stuff is up, btw.

Bought five medium boxes, scored all the three ships (Leningrad, Scharnhorst, Okhotnik) and some premium time from the free one. Haven't really shipped it in a while but I guess I will be during holidays!

I bought five boxes as well and got the Okhotnik. I already had a Scharnhorst so no big loss there. I also got a bunch of doubloons, a shitload of free XP and some +XP flags.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Eltoasto posted:

I only fire HE out of the Scharnhorst if there is a BB at long range that is angled, or a DD. Everything else gets AP. I try to avoid BBs in mine if I can and go after smaller ships. After they are dead, then its time to get stuck in and use some torps.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
To all the people getting 3 ships from 5 boxes I hate you.

Also I spent way too much on this game though not as much as my friends who triggered fraud prevention on their credit cards.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
I trigger my fraud prevention service every time I buy anything from Wargaming. They know what's up.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

squidflakes posted:

I trigger my fraud prevention service every time I buy anything from Wargaming. They know what's up.

This happened the first and only time I tried to buy something from Wargaming. Thank God.

Like I need to be paying 21% APR on a pixel Tirpitz.

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh
WG's feeling generous this season...

I logged in for the first time in about 2-3 months today to buy the discounted Giulio Cesare for 2600 doubloons.

Logged in a second time this afternoon and there was a big "Welcome Back Captain" message and, totally unrelated to the Christmas stuff, they have given me:

- 150k Free XP
- 12M Credits
- De Grasse + Captain
- Giulio Cesare + Captain
- 10 Days premium

Since I had just bought the Cesare, I got the full 5200 doubloons instead.

Herr Bazooka
May 21, 2007
Bought 20 medium boxes. 9 of them had frosty fir camo. gently caress you wargaming.

Timmy Horsey
Dec 13, 2012

I sent my application to DUNKN seeing that WG was kind enough to give me a couple more campaigns to go through.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Jesus gently caress. 40 boxes, 1 loving British Destroyer.

Mauzeraut
Aug 15, 2005

Ka-BEWWWWM!
Bought a lot of boxes (I don't want to talk about how many). Got a lot of ships but none of the ones I was aiming at.

poo poo I didn't want and will likely never touch:
Huang He, Kamikazi (have a Fujin), Mutsu, Anshan, Dunkirk

Consolation Prizes that will get occasional play:
Guido Caesar, Prinz Eugen, Kii, Arizona

poo poo I wanted:
Kidd and Gremy. Wouldn't scoff at a Nicolai but I'm not really a BB player.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Timmy Horsey posted:

I sent my application to DUNKN seeing that WG was kind enough to give me a couple more campaigns to go through.

owned

we didn't check the topic so shep hit the deny button lol

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

squidflakes posted:

Jesus gently caress. 40 boxes, 1 loving British Destroyer.

I got 20 medium boxes and got a Scharnhorst, Gallant, Okhotnik & some Japanese low tier battleship. I think I'll stop now and not go chasing like last year.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Scapegoat posted:

I got 20 medium boxes and got a Scharnhorst, Gallant, Okhotnik & some Japanese low tier battleship. I think I'll stop now and not go chasing like last year.

Fuuuuck. Yeah, I have to stop too. I'm not going to blow a bunch of Christmas bonus on pixel botes.... I say today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Looks like the average for boxes is 1.5 boats per 20 according to my limited amount of research and buyin some boxes. This is for the most expensive boxes too, so buyer beware.