Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Sam Fucken rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

pasaluki posted:

I don't know that Tyrod can take advantage of WRs the same way those other QBs do. I mean the Bills ran like crazy and thats mainly why they had a good offense.

Tyrod is very scary when the team can run, if he's forced to pass...err things get dicey.

Rex Ryan was so loving disappointing his defense was soft as gently caress. The players had no idea what they were supposed to do or what gaps they had to fill and it was just popped.
It's not like he had them last year. Watkins and Goodwin were hurt most of the year, and Woods missed significant time. I'm pretty sure Charles Clay was hurt for a while too.
I'm pretty sure Justin Hunter was our #1 receiver against the Seahawks, for example.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

No Butt Stuff posted:

Pretty sure Smith did that because the guy was beating on his sister. I don't wanna defend a raider, but if that was the case, then it's justified imo

No jury convicts you for beating someone up for hitting your sister.

But then you go and curb stomp his skull into multiple pieces and welp you're going to jail.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

No jury convicts you for beating someone up for hitting your sister.

But then you go and curb stomp his skull into multiple pieces and welp you're going to jail.

Not if I'm on that jury

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So obviously there's a thread on Patsfans discussing the alleged rift between Belichick and Brady witch doctor and the discourse is, well, probably about what you'd expect.

quote:

Chinese medicine is where it’s at. Shame accupuncture and other more natural treatments aren’t commonly covered by insurances.

quote:

Chinese and Indian doctors have tens of thousands of years treating people with herbs, stretching and such. Western doctors just a few centuries ago were treating people by blood letting and applying leeches.

quote:

Mike Mutnansky is a completely fraudulent little dweeb who needs his goddamned face punched in....rotten little scumbag is a true shyt eater

quote:

Oh, so you're scientific analysis is he's just a shady individual so he will be shooting steroids and heroin into the players.

Why mention Manning who actually tok illegal substances? You're all over the map with accusations based on nothing. I suggest you stop thinking, you could be overheating.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Dec 21, 2017

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Guys Joe Thomas really needs a hobby or we really need to help him make this happen.

https://twitter.com/RichEisenShow/status/943612736071647232

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Joe Thomas showing early signs of CTE

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Now I want my team to hire Joe Thomas as head coach the day he retires

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

Now I want my team country to hire elect Joe Thomas as head coach God Emperor the day he retires

Fixed.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
None of these people showing interest in owning the Panthers have nearly enough money, right. Like Thomas obviously doesn't

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Forbes claims he's worth $820 million, which is definitely a fraction of what the team would sell for, but he could still own a pretty big-rear end chunk of it and be the face of the franchise.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Remember Travis Henry

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So I found out about @Bortlesfacts today through a Wall street journal article about the account.

I can see why :randstare: exists now, if a 3-13 team last year is just behind the top AFC teams and in the playoffs.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

nerve posted:

None of these people showing interest in owning the Panthers have nearly enough money, right. Like Thomas obviously doesn't

Puffy is worth almost a billion and could probably get it done.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yessss please

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Sam Fucken rules

Yeah if the Eagles go down I'm all in on the Rams now

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
How about Troy Hambrick

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
For a second i thought someone said Joe Thomas is worth 820 million lol

I’ve heard that several offers have been made by a conglomerate of athletes including MJ lol

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Amy Pole Her posted:

For a second i thought someone said Joe Thomas is worth 820 million lol

I’ve heard that several offers have been made by a conglomerate of athletes including MJ lol

I wish you hadn’t posted that I was having fun thinking Joe Thomas was also an amazing investor.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Is MJ still a complete apolitical bore?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

His platform is gently caress you, midget

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Crescent Wrench posted:

Yeah if the Eagles go down I'm all in on the Rams now

Nah. Always root for the teams who havnt won it yet.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

CyberPingu posted:

Nah. Always root for the teams who havnt won it yet.

The LA Rams never won a super bowl :v:

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Deep down you all want to root for the Patriots.

It's the evil you know and have become accustomed to (and which will not go away anyway) - do you really need new bandwagon fans of some upstart team like it happened with the Seahawks or Broncos?

And here is an early Christmas gift, BB dissecting a few plays from the Patriots win over the Steelers

http://www.patriots.com/video/2017/12/20/belichick-breakdown-top-plays-against-steelers

The best part is at the end when he looks at the "fake spike" and explains why all the Patriots knew that it's a fake (Ben signaled a play), which somehow all the Steelers missed.

GaussianCopula fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Dec 21, 2017

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

GaussianCopula posted:

It's the evil you know and have become accustomed to (and which will not go away anyway) - do you really need new bandwagon fans of some upstart team like it happened with the Seahawks or Broncos?

Pats losing means you will gently caress off for a while.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GaussianCopula posted:

And here is an early Christmas gift, BB dissecting a few plays from the Patriots win over the Steelers

http://www.patriots.com/video/2017/12/20/belichick-breakdown-top-plays-against-steelers

The best part is at the end when he looks at the "fake spike" and explains why all the Patriots knew that it's a fake (Ben signaled a play), which somehow all the Steelers missed.

:randpop:

you're smoking crack if you think I want to root for the Patriots

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Randaconda posted:

:randpop:

you're smoking crack if you think I want to root for the Patriots

it's a gimmick, he just posts here to amuse himself in between advocating for ethnic cleansing in D&D

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Alaois posted:

it's a gimmick, he just posts here to amuse himself in between advocating for ethnic cleansing in D&D

Difference without distinction.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Tom Brady Pro Bowl Facts;

- Has only played twice
- Last time was 2005
- Stats: 6/14, 70 Yards, 0TD 2INT

Greatest ever indeed.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Dec 21, 2017

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

Might be tough. Pretty sure the NFL has a rule that any principle owner must put 30% of the purchase price down in non-borrowed cash. He’d be looking at liquidating and putting like 800 of his $900m net worth down.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Also the current owner still gets to pick who to sell to and Jerry Richardson would cut his own nutsack off before he would sell his team to a black rapper.

Also also the other NFL owners have to approve any sale and lol.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

CyberPingu posted:

Pats losing means you will gently caress off for a while.

nonsense, because every year we sincerely believe that we're going to waltz into the afccg which is where the real playoffs start

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Tom Brady Pro Bowl Facts;

- Has only played twice
- Last time was 2005
- Stats: 6/14, 70 Yards, 0TD 2INT

Greatest ever indeed.

System QB

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Also the current owner still gets to pick who to sell to and Jerry Richardson would cut his own nutsack off before he would sell his team to a black rapper.

Also also the other NFL owners have to approve any sale and lol.

It will most likely be one of the families who already own a minority share in the company, so look for the Belk or Levine family to be the next majority owner of the Panthers.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

GaussianCopula posted:

:maga:

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
While looking up Joe Thomas' net worth (48 million supposedly, but that seems low) I learned that his full name is Joeseph Hayden Thomas. So the Browns had two guys named Joe Ha(y)den at the same time. Not really interesting or relevant, but hey I love me some factoids.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Remember when the Pats were plucky umderdogs

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Remember when the Pats were plucky umderdogs

That was before the dark times, before the empire

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Before the start of Super Bowl XXXVI Ricky Proehl turned to the camera and said "Tonight a dynasty is born baby"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

DariusLikewise posted:

Before the start of Super Bowl XXXVI Ricky Proehl turned to the camera and said "Tonight a dynasty is born baby"

Pretty hosed up that immediately after he said that, BB took him up onto that altar and cut his heart out on live TV imo.

• Locked thread