Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I decided that I'm starting Cole over Evans because gently caress Mike Evans

Same with Cole over Dez Bryant.

So if any of you have either of those guys feel free to cash in on my hubris this weekend as I throw my championships away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

IcePhoenix posted:

I decided that I'm starting Cole over Evans because gently caress Mike Evans

Same with Cole over Dez Bryant.

So if any of you have either of those guys feel free to cash in on my hubris this weekend as I throw my championships away.

Mike Evans is still on the can’t drop list on ESPN. The last 4 weeks it’s weird seeing that red sign next to someone on my bench.

What a turd

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Keith Atherton posted:

What sort of league are you in where Butker is still available?

I lost Greg too and the best option was Dan Bailey

It's a 14 team league. I'm just as stunned as you, Keith. I figure someone must have dropped him and no one caught it.

Liquid Banjo
Dec 23, 2009

full of mama's homemade pemmican
I'm on the left.

Would anyone change anything here?

Antonio Gates is on the waiver wire and the temptation is there.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
In the finals with no more FAAB bucks and greg the leg goes on IR

Good thing the rest of the matchup seems pretty lopsided because this would be one hell of a way to lose.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Alfalfa posted:

BAL vs Ind

Yeah that might be literally THE only defense I'd consider over it. I still think it's a tossup really.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Diqnol posted:

Yeah that might be literally THE only defense I'd consider over it. I still think it's a tossup really.

Yah

In my other Championship game, I'm deciding between Jax & Min unfortunately...

I'd rather just have a set lineup and get blown out than have to make actual decisions this week.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Someone tell me why starting Duke Johnson (vs Chicago) is a worse idea than starting Samaje Perine (vs Denver) in half PPR.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Someone tell me why starting Duke Johnson (vs Chicago) is a worse idea than starting Samaje Perine (vs Denver) in half PPR.

I can't.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Goons, please help me not make stupid last minute swaps.

Flexin: Dion Lewis, Marty B or Keelan Cole?

Also, Skins v Den or Steelers @ Hou?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Lewis

Steelers

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
^ Agree

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It isn't.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Duke's a top 20 back in the format and has 9 double digit games. If he's healthy, I'm starting him.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Okay, I have the most absurd of dilemmas in my championship game:

Do I start Drew Stanton (vNYG), or DeShone Kizer (@CHI)?

Brock is also on waivers. No one else is available.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Opponent has GregLeg but drat, I can only roster 3 kickers in my league.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
This may be a dumb question, but oh well. So I commission a league at the private club I work at - myself and 13 of my members. It's an auction league and I brought up the possibility of making it keeper at the draft and was shot down. Now I've got about 5 of them expressing interest in making our league a keeper league. I'm not opposed to it and everyone has at least 1 person they can keep at a reasonable price so no one will really get the shaft.

Is it a good idea to bring this up to a league vote at our end of the season party? If everyone is okay with it, I want to make it as fair as possible. So I guess I'm really just looking for ideas...

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

pubic works project posted:

This may be a dumb question, but oh well. So I commission a league at the private club I work at - myself and 13 of my members. It's an auction league and I brought up the possibility of making it keeper at the draft and was shot down. Now I've got about 5 of them expressing interest in making our league a keeper league. I'm not opposed to it and everyone has at least 1 person they can keep at a reasonable price so no one will really get the shaft.

Is it a good idea to bring this up to a league vote at our end of the season party? If everyone is okay with it, I want to make it as fair as possible. So I guess I'm really just looking for ideas...

Can’t start it this season imo. no keepers this year, but bring it up before the draft for the next year

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

You can't decide to make a re-draft league a keeper league mid-season. End of story. Announce before the draft next year that it will be a keeper league, and start then.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I kinda feel like you could do that if everyone was OK with it. I guess the tricky part is sussing out the rules cause the guy keeping Gurley probably wants something different than the guy keeping Robby Anderson.

Ben Nevis fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Dec 21, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
If you get a unanimous vote, you can make it keeper right now. I think if you get a unanimous vote on anything it's a clear mandate to make a change.

Otherwise, yeah, make it known that after the next draft it's keeper and for the love of God put in some kind of inflationary system for keepers.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Thanks guys. Normally I wouldn't ask this, but I like to keep my members happy.

I'll bring it up and if we get a unanimous vote, I'll implement something along the lines of 2 keepers, 3 year max, with salary escalation each season. And if we don't get a unanimous vote, we'll start next season with the idea of making it keepers.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

pubic works project posted:

Yeah, as others have said, you can't make that change mid-season no matter how appealing it seems because it definitely impacts draft strategy. Sometimes being the commish means being a party pooper.

On the flip side, one of my owners lost his poo poo during the draft last year because he neglected to see that the majority of the league had voted on three keepers rather than one. Told him numerous times that he had months to bring this up. Kept whining that it would somehow throw the league.

He made it to the playoffs and the two players who kept three instead of one or two were knocked out early on.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Would Butker or Elliot be a noticeable upgrade over Boswell? They all sorta seem like a toss up to me.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

DeepDickPizza posted:

They all sorta seem like a toss up to me.

Put this on the tombstone of every kicker.

Except Legatron. His leg was too beautiful for this world.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

D. Adams officially out.

Now who do I fire up?
Min vs. GB or Bal vs. Ind in one league
Min vs. GB or Jax vs. SF in the other?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Alfalfa posted:

D. Adams officially out.

Now who do I fire up?
Min vs. GB or Bal vs. Ind in one league
Min vs. GB or Jax vs. SF in the other?

Ravens in 1 and Vikings in 2, imo

Krazee Eyez Killa
Feb 16, 2007
Need help in my Yahoo championship game.
Do I start Was against Den or Chi against Cle?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I had a nightmare last night that I started Big Ben and Martavis and Ben threw 5 interceptions like the Jax game and Martavis was smoking a blunt on the sidelines.

It's probably time for the season to end if I'm dreaming about this stuff.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Krazee Eyez Killa posted:

Need help in my Yahoo championship game.
Do I start Was against Den or Chi against Cle?

Chicago.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Spoeank posted:

Chicago.

Even if Paxton Lynch starts?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

coronaball posted:

Even if Paxton Lynch starts?

Chicago is the #9 DST on the year, Washington is #20.

Cleveland allows the most fantasy points to DSTs

Washington has averaged 5.5 fantasy points per game since their Bye, including a 0 point game, a -3 point game and 3 games between 3 and 5 points (last 10 weeks).

In that same span, the Bears have averaged 11.3 fantasy points. Remove the 30 and 15 point games from ages ago, and that number is still 7.14. Their worst game in the last 10 weeks was 3 points and they've scored 29 in their last 3.

Nevermind Chicago is going to be cold as balls, possibly snowing and DeShone Kizer can barely throw a football properly in normal weather.

You're overthinking it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

For you pee rhine fans looking for more anxiety

https://twitter.com/john_keim/status/943930120758222848

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice
Dropped Jesse James and picked up Greg Olsen. Only question I really have is Big Ben vs Houston, or grab Bortles off the wire since I COULD play Cole/Dede in my flex.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spoeank posted:

Washington has averaged 5.5 fantasy points per game since their Bye, including a 0 point game, a -3 point game and 3 games between 3 and 5 points (last 10 weeks).

In that same span, the Bears have averaged 11.3 fantasy points. Remove the 30 and 15 point games from ages ago, and that number is still 7.14. Their worst game in the last 10 weeks was 3 points and they've scored 29 in their last 3.

Nevermind Chicago is going to be cold as balls, possibly snowing and DeShone Kizer can barely throw a football properly in normal weather.

You're overthinking it.

Washington has also been decimated by injuries on both sides of the ball. Avoid.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Spoeank posted:

You're overthinking it.

You're right, to play the Redskins is overthinking. I can't remember a Week 16 with so many great DEF options.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/dst.php

So many great defenses against bad/backup QBs. It's hard to choose.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Is changing the name of a team in the championship bad juju? Kinda considering Rolling Cole this week.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ben Nevis posted:

Is changing the name of a team in the championship bad juju? Kinda considering Rolling Cole this week.

I've been debating changing my team name all year and haven't for this exact reason

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug
I'm feeling pretty good about my first ever championship game, but as always, I value goon input. Who wins this matchup?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

anglerfish posted:

Who wins this matchup?

Whichever team scores more points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bortles or Alex Smith
Randall Cobb or Travis Benjamin or Corey Davis (or any of these available FA WR:
)
Antonio Gates or Jared Cook

Asema fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Dec 23, 2017

• Locked thread