Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Everyone sounds pissed on that call in show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceParrot
Jul 18, 2006

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Everyone sounds pissed on that call in show.

Even Chef Kevin Bartelt MMA was upset about it

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
That ad read was funny as hell. 30 percent egg

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

soggybagel posted:

That ad read was funny as hell. 30 percent egg

I love Wild Horses, my favorite is Egg Whiteegg.

Also this call in show is surprisingly good. It's been refreshing to hear The Boys get back to their snarky roots lately.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

I love Wild Horses, my favorite is Egg Whiteegg.

Also this call in show is surprisingly good. It's been refreshing to hear The Boys get back to their snarky roots lately.

The Dieter and Vintent calls were brutal

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I couldn't call in, I've got my own stuff going on and I'm doing great though

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Greggy posted:

I couldn't call in, I've got my own stuff going on and I'm doing great though

Yeah why don’t you talk to the discord about it

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
ok I did, they say hi to you

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Thanks greggy. I like(d?) the podcast.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Ah man they actually referenced it...now my extremely deep cut looks like amateur hour

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I was kinda sad we didn't hear from Anastasia Vigo.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Starship One is absolutely Blasooch, right? I thought for a second it might be Lapkus because they talk similar, but it's definitely Maria.

And I vehemently disagree with her bad opinion.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Sean asking the caller if he got kicked out of the arcade for climbing up the skeeball ramp destroyed me

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

ArtVandelay posted:

Starship One is absolutely Blasooch, right? I thought for a second it might be Lapkus because they talk similar, but it's definitely Maria.

Starship One is definitely not Lapkus, because in her episode about Jurassic World she openly talked about auditioning for Episode VIII.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

ArtVandelay posted:

Gourley straight up calls her Maria at some point towards the end of the segment

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Hey if you have stitcher listen to Teachers Lounge

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Chairman Capone posted:

I listened to a few episodes of the new Canon. They were fine, I think the rotating guests is a good feature, though I still would only ever listen to it when someone of interest is on. I still think Amy has a surprisingly limited range of both film knowledge and critical thinking for a film critic, but she works much better when not paired with that domineering manchild Faraci.

before it got bought by sewer creatures the la weekly was an incubator for boilerplate liberal film criticism. i don't think they've had anyone good in that spot since karina longworth

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Seaniqua posted:

Sean asking the caller if he got kicked out of the arcade for climbing up the skeeball ramp destroyed me

I laughed so hard that they shut it down because he beat lethal inforcers.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Hey if you don't have Stitcher Premium, get it and listen to Teachers Lounge. The Ego Nwodim episode was amazing, and the last two of this "season" took things in such ridiculousnormal directions. I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

JethroMcB posted:

Hey if you don't have Stitcher Premium, get it and listen to Teachers Lounge. The Ego Nwodim episode was amazing, and the last two of this "season" took things in such ridiculousnormal directions. I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

I'm only on Season 4, and I'm still hoping Cravey's racist white supremacist illiterate daughter comes back. That was one of my favorite S1 bits.

Teacher's Lounge is so good.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I think they put s1 up on regular Earwolf too.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

I think they put s1 up on regular Earwolf too.

They did. The first season is free to listen to on Earwolf and (I think) Stitcher.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I finally started listening this week after all the love it's gotten in this thread, and I wasn't disappointed at all. It's a spectacular podcast, just keeps heightening and heightening. Every time Dan Lipert's character gets roasted by the 17 yo, it busses my poo poo up.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

There's at least one bit in every episode that makes me choke from laughing

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
You can apparently hear Dan Lippert talk about getting blown by Nicole Byer in a bathroom on her new podcast

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I knew that podcast had a lot of potential.

I should probably listen to that Guys We hosed podcast, right?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

ManoliIsFat posted:

I finally started listening this week after all the love it's gotten in this thread, and I wasn't disappointed at all. It's a spectacular podcast, just keeps heightening and heightening. Every time Dan Lipert's character gets roasted by the 17 yo, it busses my poo poo up.

I've only heard the first episode and it's great. It contains 100% of your RDA of "PFT Guffawing In The Background" too.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Fil5000 posted:

I've only heard the first episode and it's great. It contains 100% of your RDA of "PFT Guffawing In The Background" too.

I love that hear him laughing in the background.

God do I miss Superego..........

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
https://twitter.com/pftompkins/status/945190497513074688

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

RestingB1tchFace posted:

God do I miss Superego..........

As I have done for the last few years, I made a point of listening to the de facto Christmas episode this morning.

Now we're all working here all the time, and I'm everyone's mom...

Oh, I'm crazy.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Dustin Marshall, an early Earwolf engineer and the founder of Feral Audio, just had a very public meltdown. He confirmed that he abused his ex-girlfriend, gave the worst apology of the year (quite a feat!), and decided to end Feral Audio in January 2018. The Doughboys might end up joining Earwolf (or Headgum, or Maxfun, or remain free agents with their patreon money).

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Know Such Peace posted:

gave the worst apology of the year (quite a feat!),

Man you weren’t kidding

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

As I have done for the last few years, I made a point of listening to the de facto Christmas episode this morning.

Now we're all working here all the time, and I'm everyone's mom...

Oh, I'm crazy.

Is that the same one as "We are down at the firehouse and we are drunk as poo poo."

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Today’s HH with Jake & Amir might be my favorite ep of the year. It’s combative in the same way as ‘Scharpling 1’. Sean throws a ton of jabs, and Hayes is muffling laughter for the duration of the ep.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Fil5000 posted:

Is that the same one as "We are down at the firehouse and we are drunk as poo poo."

Yup, episode 3:10

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Never forget... To end my life.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Know Such Peace posted:

Dustin Marshall, an early Earwolf engineer and the founder of Feral Audio, just had a very public meltdown. He confirmed that he abused his ex-girlfriend, gave the worst apology of the year (quite a feat!), and decided to end Feral Audio in January 2018. The Doughboys might end up joining Earwolf (or Headgum, or Maxfun, or remain free agents with their patreon money).

End? What do you mean end? He's just going to shut down that seemingly successful company that has cofounders and backers because he's an abusive weirdo? What the christ

Here it is by the way and it is bizarre: https://dustinmarshallsblog.tumblr.com/post/168918337660/being-an-abuser-the-future-of-feral-audio

piratepilates fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Dec 26, 2017

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I am very surprised at this direction too.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Dustin was the glue holding everything together. Unless Dan Harmon or the Doughboys step in to manage/finance the company, there isn’t a simple path to keeping everything together. If anyone wants to switch networks, this situation offers a clean break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

How does Feral make money anyways