Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/iAmTheWarax/status/943665409865207808

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Well I think we found Blitz’s gift idea

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My god the reviews are fantastic

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
My worst office related shutdown: someone had been flushing paper towels so the sewage backed up and the entire office smelled like human waste for two weeks

I worked remotely a lot

Of course, these days I work remotely almost exclusively because the office moved and added around an hour to my commute each way

Intruder fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Dec 21, 2017

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
How do you...how do people not realize what you shouldn't put in toilets by the time you enter the work force?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I just remembered whenever our power would go out when I worked in an office, they would tell us to use our company issued cell phones as hotspots and to work in the dark.

We also had like 10 hours of work in an 8 hour workday so it wasn't like we had much of a choice.

Now I'm in the field and nobody knows I'm not actually doing any inspections for the next 2 days before I take the rest of the year off

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Joey Freshwater posted:

My god the reviews are fantastic

I love that last review, because I’m pretty sure the book clocks in at under 250 pages.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Spoeank posted:

ANH had literal charred corpses
ESB had Vader get decapitated (in a vision but still)
ROTJ had uhhh... I'm blanking
TPM had Darth Maul get cut in half
AotC had Jango Fett get decapitated
RotS had Anakin half charred and all messed up

They all have moments of violence

Return of the Jedi had a torture scene

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Its Rinaldo posted:

Return of the Jedi had a torture scene

Ewoks get too much hate :sigh:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Ewoks get too much hate :sigh:

They are loving terrifying.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
drat zeke is good but I wouldnt call him terrifying

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Spoeank posted:

ROTJ had the Ewok getting blown up by the AT-ST.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
ROTJ had ewoks using human skulls as drums

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Yup. Just one example of how the Ewoks are the best thing Star Wars has to offer. Adorable mini murder bears that worship robots and fell empires. Come at me.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Intruder posted:

ROTJ had ewoks using human skulls as drums

the playing of in the remakes was used to create a bunch of slow jazz during the final scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5itq_79xQh0

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Ep. 5 as we speak

Curious how your opinions change as you get further in.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Can someone explain to me why a 15% flat tax for everyone is stupid so that my idiotic "socially liberal (except when it comes to abortion and expanded LGBT rights) fiscally conservative" coworker can shut up about it instead of thinking he's a common sense brain genius?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
By flat tax you mean "15% on your pay check as a whole" or "15% up to a certain value"?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

achillesforever6 posted:

Can someone explain to me why a 15% flat tax for everyone is stupid so that my idiotic "socially liberal (except when it comes to abortion and expanded LGBT rights) fiscally conservative" coworker can shut up about it instead of thinking he's a common sense brain genius?

15% of 1000 leaves you 850 to pay your bills, 15% of 100 million leaves you 85 million

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The wealthy benefit far more greatly from a thriving society than do the poor and consequently have a greater responsibility to contribute to it's functioning.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

15% of 1000 leaves you 850 to pay your bills, 15% of 100 million leaves you 85 million

Basically this. If I'm making $20,000 a year, the $3k that comes out of my pay is a pretty big chunk. Someone who makes 100k a year is making 5x as much and paying the same tax rate, but they're sure as hell aren't spending 5x on rent, groceries, heating etc, so its a smaller percentage of the money they need just to get by.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Amy Pole Her posted:

Buddy

Gas station

$20 in scratch off lottery tickets
I'm going to a white elephant party on Sunday and was looking for a gift idea until now :hf:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

We used to do a yankee swap in the office, but everyone literally just bought booze and everyone would just end up with booze they didn't like that much.

We're thinking of bringing it back though. Hooray lovely booze.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Kalli posted:

We used to do a yankee swap in the office, but everyone literally just bought booze and everyone would just end up with booze they didn't like that much.

We're thinking of bringing it back though. Hooray lovely booze.

That's how you get a bottle of Aftershock sitting in your freezer for 3 years

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Also be sure to explain that our current tax system has flat taxes that just bump up a notch when a new threshold is reached.

There is a pretty good chance he is someone who thinks that when he hits a higher bracket all of his money it taxed at the new higher rate which is of course wrong.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blitz7x posted:

That's how you get a bottle of Aftershock sitting in your freezer for 3 years

Aftershock and hot chocolate is a good well tasty drink, I very vaguely remember.

I would go search out a bottle of aftershock to check this memory but...well other than that I wouldn't know what to do with it.

e: Oh poo poo Aftershock is the cinnamon one I guess. Which one was like...mint?

Oh Avalanche. It was blue and peppermint, and I have no clue if it actually exists anymore.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Dec 21, 2017

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Stick gift cards in a plastic bag under the lid of a gallon jug of mayo.

That thing will get passed like a loving hot potato until you tell them to look inside.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

OxySnake posted:

Also be sure to explain that our current tax system has flat taxes that just bump up a notch when a new threshold is reached.

There is a pretty good chance he is someone who thinks that when he hits a higher bracket all of his money it taxed at the new higher rate which is of course wrong.

Those are the stupidest loving people and no matter how I try to explain it to them they just tell me that I don't get it. "I got a raise and now I take home less because of muh tax bracket" makes me want to scream

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

My wife's work does a Yankees swap/white elephant thing every year and she ended up with a 4 pound bar of chocolate. She's allergic to it though so the great burden of consuming it falls to me. :sandance:

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Dec 21, 2017

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
For my family’s white elephant (I refuse to Call it yankee swap) I found a Lite Brite at Target so I’m giving that

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

We do a family yankee swap every year, so this year I bought a replica DEA patch of this:

A bottle of moscow mule drink mix for the dumb pun, and then for the drugs I'm going to wrap up a sampler box of 16 flavors of japanese kit kats.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hey has anyone called Cox yet?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Spoeank posted:

ANH had Greedo's rear end get toasted too.
ESB obviously had Luke's hand get chopped off and Han got tortured.
ROTJ had Leia strangling Jabba. Also had a little Ewok dying and his friend nudging his body :(
ROTS had Count Dooku get his head chopped off.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/943864121497473026

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
My boss tried to give me a raise but it would have put me in a new tax bracket so I turned it down :smug:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
One of all the time great twitter trolls

https://twitter.com/paulscheer/status/943680129779113984

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

My list:

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Return of the Jedi
3. Rogue One
4. A New Hope
5. Revenge of the Sith
6. The Force Awakens
7. Attack of the Clones
8. The Last Jedi
9. The Phantom Menace

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Wooooosh

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ahahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

pubic works project posted:

My list:

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Return of the Jedi
3. Rogue One
4. A New Hope
5. Revenge of the Sith
6. The Force Awakens
7. Attack of the Clones
8. The Last Jedi
9. The Phantom Menace

See?