Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

shove me like you do posted:

Finally finished the quest for qtpi poppi really is the best blade.

Anyways I just unlocked Zenobia and that does not look like a super fun affinity chart to max.

it's cool but i got her in chapter 4 and remembered most of the location of the guys i already killed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
The untelegraphed instant party kill at full HP of the lvl 3 merc sparring guy is bullshit

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

emoji posted:

The untelegraphed instant party kill at full HP of the lvl 3 merc sparring guy is bullshit

agreed

my tip: at 50% have an element orb on him and just pop his rear end with chain attack gl

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tantal ftw

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Man I cannot wait to get into this game after I clear some of my backlog. You guys seem to be having a lotta fun. I hate not having enough time for video games

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
lol something bugged out and the clock must have counter in rest mode or something cause I suddenly have 240 hours played on my save file

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

how is playing the game in handheld mode? i'm going on a trip and have to know if it's a worthy Travel Game, or if i should wait on it and play it docked. i need honest, non diseased imp-pinions on this matter

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Foxhound posted:

lol something bugged out and the clock must have counter in rest mode or something cause I suddenly have 240 hours played on my save file

Yeah mine recently passed 100 but there's no way I've played more than 40

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bolverkur posted:

how is playing the game in handheld mode? i'm going on a trip and have to know if it's a worthy Travel Game, or if i should wait on it and play it docked. i need honest, non diseased imp-pinions on this matter

I've done a lot of handheld mode for it and it's pretty good. The resolution looks pretty bad in spots to maintain performance by all the cutscenes look identical to docked and big rear end text for speech and UI makes the small screen version as legible as docked.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

In Training posted:

Yeah mine recently passed 100 but there's no way I've played more than 40

mine jumped from 80 or something

I also lost a rare blade due to a crash cause I'm dumb and forgot to save and it was the cool book lady dammit

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Foxhound posted:

mine jumped from 80 or something

I also lost a rare blade due to a crash cause I'm dumb and forgot to save and it was the cool book lady dammit

the game autosaves after every blade pull though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's the only time the game ever auto saves too lol.

I did half of the Theory and Praxis sidequest and these things are like way too high def Mighty Number 9 bosses. It's hideous

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Hizke posted:

the game autosaves after every blade pull though.

idgi then, cause I definitely got it but it's not in my list or my album

I hope I didn't delete it by accident

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bolverkur posted:

the resolution is pretty bad, like 320p if that sometimes. this dosen't affect the text tho.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i played tiger tiger while half watching some movies on tcm last night and got enough ether to open up all of poppi and poppi qt's slots and i finished ursulas insane merc missions hell yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want to explore tantal but the story is also very dramatic at the moment so I feel pressured to get to the end of the chapter...

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i got this and its not nearly as ugly as i thought it would be. also its fun.

mysterious loyall X posted:

i played tiger tiger while half watching some movies on tcm last night and got enough ether to open up all of poppi and poppi qt's slots and i finished ursulas insane merc missions hell yeah

tiger tiger is a pretty good zone out game.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Other things like some cutscenes trigger it too but Tiger Tiger triggers a weird audio reverb bug if I get to one hit left. A first I thought it was a feature like some circuit bending simulation bc it's a homemade arcade but it persists in the switch menus. Redocking fixes it

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

In Training posted:

I want to explore tantal but the story is also very dramatic at the moment so I feel pressured to get to the end of the chapter...

Yeah I felt exactly the same way. The story really accelerates at that point.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Nice

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Patch day! Tiger Tiger easy mode got added and they improved the map (like hitting X jumps straight to showing where you are on the quick travel screen instead of bringing up the world map menu, and the minimap has more detail)

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Poppi's third form's last skill slot doesn't work FYI. And not fixed in this patch.

They need to patch in bulk crystal opening and merc team auto selection and better blade sorting

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Merc team optimal selection would be phenomenal

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
It clearly knows how to some extent to indicate which are doable. It could be done as a side quest for your admin assistant to enable it or something

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

emoji posted:

It clearly knows how to some extent to indicate which are doable. It could be done as a side quest for your admin assistant to enable it or something

Yeah maybe after you reach a certain merc level or something. I don't think I'll bother reaching level 5 because I'm not gonna use Roc and idk if there's really any other reason to do it

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Can you max out development levels without max rank mercs though?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Very easily, once you get gold cylinders you can get any titan to level 5 in like a half hour. Except I haven't tried with uraya bc I don't know where the find the salvage parts to trade

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
You can also buy and sell stacks of gold cylinders once you get the initial money lol. Buying at 5 star is the same price as selling

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

emoji posted:

You can also buy and sell stacks of gold cylinders once you get the initial money lol. Buying at 5 star is the same price as selling

that's how i did sheebas spend 2 million and sell 400k worth of crap affinity charts in like 2 seconds

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

Patch day! Tiger Tiger easy mode got added and they improved the map (like hitting X jumps straight to showing where you are on the quick travel screen instead of bringing up the world map menu, and the minimap has more detail)

the main change in tiger tiger is that walls dont do contact damage but the payouts are the same whew

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

the main change in tiger tiger is that walls dont do contact damage but the payouts are the same whew

this is a really good change, i keep hitting the wall like an idiot

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The chapter 7 dungeon is lame...

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

The chapter 7 dungeon is lame...

huh, so theres 7 chapters, thanks for the spoilers bitch

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

picked this up for the first time in at least a week and got the sexy dog lady with snakes sticking out of her back on the first crystal i used. Awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

picked this up for the first time in at least a week and got the sexy dog lady with snakes sticking out of her back on the first crystal i used. Awesome

I'm still using her in the end game, she kicks rear end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well I say end game but I have no clue how far into the game I actually am since the time play shows 150 hours at this point because of the time keeping bug and I don't know how much story I have left

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Well I say end game but I have no clue how far into the game I actually am since the time play shows 150 hours at this point because of the time keeping bug and I don't know how much story I have left

it shows up as "55 or more" for you on my friends list which I think is accurate unlike the in-game indicator

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

Going to need a name here theres just too many sexy dogs in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Going to need a name here theres just too many sexy dogs in this game

She's blue but then her feet are made out of magma like somebodys Deviantart Sonic OC

• Locked thread