Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

GoutPatrol posted:

They have always used the Vintage Masters art for the cube as long as I have been playing it. They usually use the newest edition symbol for each card.

No, someone just curates it to whatever version they like. They use old frame Allied Fetchlands, for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Sickening posted:

People have gotten so desperate to find legacy team members for the dallas open that people have offered to pay part of the admission to someone who has a legacy deck.

Should I play r/b reanimator despite only have played 20 total games of legacy?

Do it and post a trip report!

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

These team events make me so happy to have a place to play legacy and I get to do it with friends that can't justify buying into the format.

A+++

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

C-Euro posted:

Do it and post a trip report!

Yes please!

Also I hope all those people who reads that article decides to boycott and quit magic forever, that would be the best outcome of this.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Thisuck posted:

Yes please!

Also I hope all those people who reads that article decides to boycott and quit magic forever, that would be the best outcome of this.

b-b-b-b-b-but magic is supposed to be all inclusive to only people who are just like me and the sjw libs are ruining that

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Most of the people who would read a fukkin' Breitbart article were forty plus and shrieking about Bill Clinton's plan to use FEMA to hand the us over to the UN when Magic came out, and now that they read a article about it probably think a game where cardboard depictions of demons and devils can be used to achieve victory is basically a form of ouija thay imperils their souls.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Most of the people who would read a fukkin' Breitbart article were forty plus and shrieking about Bill Clinton's plan to use FEMA to hand the us over to the UN when Magic came out, and now that they read a article about it probably think a game where cardboard depictions of demons and devils can be used to achieve victory is basically a form of ouija thay imperils their souls.

I had a teacher back in high school that called Magic demonic when I was sorting cards during free time in class. She was an old lady in her 70s.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Hold up let me splice together a video that shows once-beloved magic personalities turning into weirdos and neonazi fetishists. No need to even get into the supernatural!

Aside from magic's supernatural ability to hoover up your money of course :v:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

suicidesteve posted:

Personally I love paying $10 for a pack and opening a *opens pack* Void. With really horrible art.

i like it

oh poo poo!

THE BLACK NINJA
Mar 9, 2010

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I mean, I have you blocked because of :justpost: diarrhea, but saw the quote... I just want to float the idea that while we are all calling that article ridiculous and off base (which it most certainly is), your post is basically a different flavor of the same thing. What does it add? How does it help people that want to foster a positive community paint themselves as having the moral high ground?

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
One of my play group buddies has a wild spending problem and has a full legacy deck in paper despite living in Tulsa Oklahoma and having approximately zero opportunity to play paper legacy anywhere and boy howdy is he psyched that Dallas became a team event

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Kurtofan posted:

i like it

oh poo poo!

drat, I never noticed the blood splatters and entrails in this art. That's pretty gnarly.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

sit on my Facebook posted:

One of my play group buddies has a wild spending problem and has a full legacy deck in paper despite living in Tulsa Oklahoma and having approximately zero opportunity to play paper legacy anywhere and boy howdy is he psyched that Dallas became a team event

Everyone you know who plays competitive Magic has a wild spending problem including you

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

THE BLACK NINJA posted:

I mean, I have you blocked because of :justpost: diarrhea, but saw the quote... I just want to float the idea that while we are all calling that article ridiculous and off base (which it most certainly is), your post is basically a different flavor of the same thing. What does it add? How does it help people that want to foster a positive community paint themselves as having the moral high ground?

I am very comfortable calling enthusiastic Breitbart readers ridiculous dinosaurs, I very sincerely don't really care about not being properly tolerant of the intolerant (:ohdear:) on the something awful dot com comedy forums of all places. And for Christ's sake if you find my posting inane, then surely your boner to post about my posting every couple pages and trying to own me by telling me about your ignore list is next-level turbo-inane. I haven't really engaged with your color commentary about posting aside from the IRC/ICQ joke because of that, but seriously, if it makes you happy to IL me I don't care, don't click on my posts and we can both enjoy the Magic: The Gathering Collectible Trading Card Game thread. Merry Christmas, fellow Goon. E: LOL I didn't look closely and assumed this was ShaneB from the tone. I am glad to have two admirers, you guys can start a fanclub. :v:

Thisuck posted:

I had a teacher back in high school that called Magic demonic when I was sorting cards during free time in class. She was an old lady in her 70s.

E: Back in '99 I had a fellow Air Force dude watching us play MTG in the barracks common room, and he said the artwork on Timewalk of all things was demonic.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Dec 21, 2017

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

THE BLACK NINJA posted:

No, it’s not equivalent. One is advocating hatred, one is making fun of a site advocating hatred.

Speaking of which... I wrote a response yesterday http://blog.killgold.fish/2017/12/nazis-in-my-magic.html

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Thisuck posted:

Yeah I went to Catholic high school and had this religion teacher that would half-jokingly call me & my friends devil worshippers when he saw us playing and we'd leave cards like the original Unholy Strength with the pentagram on his classroom door.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Eyud posted:

These are amazing and should be the official card frames.

I was messing around in a solitaire game of MTGO last night just to see if I could crash the client with enough mana and I couldn't but things broke when I tried to draw some cards:

The client hung for about 30 seconds before restarting the game and then when I played lands they just disappeared. I was hoping I could really go nuts with Doubling Cube but it stopped working around 5k mana.

Am I reading this wrong, or did the game spontaneously turn into Commander?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

THE BLACK NINJA posted:

What a pile of bullshit. Anyone who reads Breitbart is a Nazi loving idiot, and deserve to be ridiculed and shunned.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

THE BLACK NINJA posted:

Lol at blocking people on somethingawful.com

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

The Lord of Hats posted:

Am I reading this wrong, or did the game spontaneously turn into Commander?

Nah it was Commander from the start.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

THE BLACK NINJA posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I am very comfortable calling enthusiastic Breitbart readers ridiculous dinosaurs, I very sincerely don't really care about not being properly tolerant of the intolerant (:ohdear:) on the something awful dot com comedy forums of all places. And for Christ's sake if you find my posting inane, then surely your boner to post about my posting every couple pages and trying to own me by telling me about your ignore list is next-level turbo-inane. I haven't really engaged with your color commentary about posting aside from the IRC/ICQ joke because of that, but seriously, if it makes you happy to IL me I don't care, don't click on my posts and we can both enjoy the Magic: The Gathering Collectible Trading Card Game thread. Merry Christmas, fellow Goon.

Please don't make fun of that Breitbart reader's ignore list choices, and please don't insult poor Gishath by comparing them to Breitbart readers. This is supposed to be a fun and positive thread.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Hellsau posted:

Please don't make fun of that Breitbart reader's ignore list choices, and please don't insult poor Gishath by comparing them to Breitbart readers. This is supposed to be a fun and positive thread.

Breitbart users are Ancient Brontodons. :colbert:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I drafted a deck that I was hoping was going to be disruptive dudes carrying swords (e.g. Adanto Vanguard is in fact very good at whacking people with them), but instead of I ended with a loving Opposition deck. I hate being that guy but what ya gonna do.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Breitbart readers want Sensei’s Divining Top unbanned

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Just like the Spitting Slugs, they never see play. Unless it's by literal children who don't know any better.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
The unfortunate thing is that nazis seem to be in the 1-1 bracket now

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Kurtofan posted:

i like it

oh poo poo!

Well it looks a whole lot better when the art is actually legible.

It's still no power armor though. :colbert:

kingcobweb posted:

Breitbart readers are not the good guys, please stop making them look like they are.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

The Black Ninja is right. Unironically. However, a discussion of how intolerant tolerance is does not belong in the Magic thread, so let's drop this and that Unsleeved nut's antics dicussion.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

kingcobweb posted:

I can't believe that Breitbart readers would support anything by a [slur for Japanese person].

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I had forgotten how pointy the hats were in this one. At that point the state of art direction was basically "here's the name of the card, paint something for us" wasn't it?

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I had forgotten how pointy the hats were in this one. At that point the state of art direction was basically "here's the name of the card, paint something for us" wasn't it?

Yes, and the artist is also a neo nazi.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

The artist was a legit KKK Neo Nazi so it was right in his wheelhouse.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
That’s what surprises me most honestly. He actually supports the KKK but doesn’t putting it on “invoke prejudice” imply that they’re bad?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Shadow225 posted:

The Black Ninja is right. Unironically. However, a discussion of how intolerant tolerance is does not belong in the Magic thread, so let's drop this and that Unsleeved nut's antics dicussion.

No actually, talking about how we shouldn’t allow shithead misogynists, transphobes and neonazis into the game we play is about the game, and should be discussed in the thread, and attitudes like this are why they have such a foothold in the first place.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I mean, talking about player conduct and how not to be a dumb jerk is a good on-topic discussion. Who you have blocked on SomethingAwful.com is not.

I mean, the most obvious reason to not talk about who you have blocked is because loving nobody cares about meta posting and who you have blocked.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Angry Grimace posted:

I mean, the most obvious reason to not talk about who you have blocked is because loving nobody cares about meta posting and who you have blocked.

I have now banned you from all the twitch streams I mod for. Rip

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Shadow225 posted:

Nice parting shot. "I'm right, now let's discuss something else."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Apparently, Opposition with Timely Reinforcements, Blade Splicer and Spectral Procession is annoying to my opponents. Who would have thought?

Also, Tamiyo, Venser, JTMS Glen Elendra Archmage and Frost Titan are also annoying even when you don't have Opposition.