Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

you'll know we're in "new paradigm" status when triforce johnson changes his name to blockchain johnson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

$15,000 :toot:

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Double Bill posted:

After reading that, The Onion threw their hands in the air and decided to close down.

If the Trump administration didn't do this, then nothing will.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord
Oh man, I stumbled across this thing last night.

I expected it to be something similar to an exchange instead of actually doing transactions on the network, but looking at their FAQ it looks like it isn't:

quote:

We recommend setting the mining fee in your wallet’s setting to the HIGHEST PRIORITY. This will help a lot in making sure your transaction confirms quickly so you get your cash and go!

So you create an account with them, then link your wallet, use the ATM to put in a sell request, pay the 50bux or whatever it is hopefully get the transaction confirmed sometime before the heat death of the universe, then come back after it's been confirmed and get your cash with your bitcoin atm PIN. Now that's convenience.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

H2SO4 posted:

Oh man, I stumbled across this thing last night.

I expected it to be something similar to an exchange instead of actually doing transactions on the network, but looking at their FAQ it looks like it isn't:

So you create an account with them, then link your wallet, use the ATM to put in a sell request, pay the 50bux or whatever it is hopefully get the transaction confirmed sometime before the heat death of the universe, then come back after it's been confirmed and get your cash with your bitcoin atm PIN. Now that's convenience.

DO NOT BUY A CAR USING BITCOINS ITS A SCAM

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I wonder what the policy is

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Misc posted:

you'll know we're in "new paradigm" status when triforce johnson changes his name to blockchain johnson

John Crackafee said "new paradigm" right before the last peak.

Moxxis Endowment
Dec 11, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

univbee posted:

bank warning re: coinbase.jpg
Whoa just realized there's a whole nother bitcoin thread on that part of the forum and it's wayyyy bigger than this one.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

BTC had a 27% gain on its recovery after the BCH live trading mania died down, that's pretty significant and is pretty clear evidence that money was moving out of BCH and back into BTC

right now it does look like money is leaving the entire market, as everything in crypto is dropping in correlation with each other

edit: also that chart is terrible for looking at what's happening on a day-by-day basis

Uranium 235 fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Dec 21, 2017

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Slimy Hog posted:

I wonder what the policy is

Being compliant with federal AML regulations?

Bitcoin activity is a huge red flag and I doubt he makes enough money for the bank for them to look the other way.

Mr Luxury Yacht fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Dec 21, 2017

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Uranium 235 posted:

BTC had a 27% gain on its recovery after the BCH live trading mania died down, that's pretty significant and is pretty clear evidence that money was moving out of BCH and back into BTC

right now it does look like money is leaving the entire market, as everything in crypto is dropping in correlation with each other

edit: also that chart is terrible for looking at what's happening on a day-by-day basis

Yeah money is leaving but to where? And why?

revwinnebago
Oct 4, 2017

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
All I'm saying is you have a choice, gentlement; invest in a highly speculative and volatile asset like Bitcoin or, just maybe, in a rock solid, trustworthy commodity that has proven itself time and time again, namely: my rear end.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Minimalist Program posted:

All I'm saying is you have a choice, gentlement; invest in a highly speculative and volatile asset like Bitcoin or, just maybe, in a rock solid, trustworthy commodity that has proven itself time and time again, namely: my rear end.

Rock solid is quite the statement

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Now if I was going to get into your rear end how easily would I be able to pull out again? What's the liquidity like in there?

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

COMRADES posted:

Now if I was going to get into your rear end how easily would I be able to pull out again? What's the liquidity like in there?

My man once you are invested in my rear end you're never going to want to pull out.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Is bitcoin - the currency of the future - going to drop below 15k today? I personally don't think it will, I suspect that by the end of the week a single bit coin will be worth 450 million dollars or, qualitatively speaking, be as valuable as the love of a good woman.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Bitcoin you a busta!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Son of Rodney posted:

Bitcoin you a busta!

All you had to do was follow the drat chain, CJ.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Drav posted:

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Wanna pet that cat.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
Why does Tibanne keep doing this? How wasn't Mt. Gox and Silk Road enough?

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

A ponzi scheme... in the well regulated financial industry? :monocle: Well I never!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-21/sec-wins-asset-freeze-in-suit-alleging-1-2-billion-ponzi-scheme

quote:

U.S. regulators sued a California man over claims that he raised more than $1.2 billion in a Ponzi scheme that targeted retail investors by touting big returns from short-term loans to commercial property owners.

The Securities and Exchange Commission won an asset freeze against Robert H. Shapiro and his unregistered investment companies known as the Woodbridge Group of Companies, the agency said Thursday in a statement announcing the lawsuit. The SEC sought the freeze after earlier orders forced the companies to open their books in recent months, the agency said.

1.2 billion, that's some spicy mulligatawny!

http://www.businessinsider.com/sec-exposes-alleged-12-billion-ponzi-scheme-aimed-at-elderly-2017-12

quote:

The US Securities and Exchange Commission has filed charges against a group of unregistered investment funds and their owner, alleging a $1.2 billion Ponzi scheme.

Robert H. Shapiro is being accused of using a group of unregistered investment firms, collectively called the Woodbridge Group of Companies LLC, to defraud more than 8,400 investors — many of them senior citizens. Formerly headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, the company allegedly promised to pay investors interest of 5% to 10% annually.

It's cool he was only swindling old people out of their retirement lmao

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord

Bless your heart.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
Long Island Ice Tea company changed their company name to "Long Blockchain Corp." and their stock went up 500%.

From their press release at,
https://investors.longislandicedtea.com/
http://www.longblockchain.com/

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

joats posted:

Long Island Ice Tea company changed their company name to "Long Blockchain Corp." and their stock went up 500%.

From their press release at,
https://investors.longislandicedtea.com/
http://www.longblockchain.com/

I heard there's this one guy in fyad who has a long blockchain.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

Ham Sandwiches posted:

A ponzi scheme... in the well regulated financial industry? :monocle: Well I never!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-21/sec-wins-asset-freeze-in-suit-alleging-1-2-billion-ponzi-scheme

http://www.businessinsider.com/sec-exposes-alleged-12-billion-ponzi-scheme-aimed-at-elderly-2017-12

The ironically funny part of your post is that you *think* you're mocking the nocoiners, but in reality you're mocking people who invest in unregulated financial instruments (i.e. bitcoin).

The SEC identified and shut down this ponzi and will be distributing the seized assets to investors.

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Ham Sandwiches posted:

So unregulated financial systems are bad. Thanks for the info.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

It's like he hasn't heard of Bernie Madoff

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Ham Sandwiches posted:

You never fail to be a gigantic loving idiot.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Bitcoin buyers: I’d like to buy a smidgen of a bitcoin for a present. What’s the quickest easiest way to get it? Coinbase? And can I just say “one hundredth of a bitcoin please”

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Snowy posted:

Bitcoin buyers: I’d like to buy a smidgen of a bitcoin for a present. What’s the quickest easiest way to get it? Coinbase? And can I just say “one hundredth of a bitcoin please”

I've never bought buttcoins and never will, but Coinbase is super easy and idiot-proof. You can buy anywhere from 1/1000th of a coin to 200 coins if you want.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Non-bitcoiners have murdered more people in the history of the world than coiners ever have. Checkmate, fascists

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Snowy posted:

Go to chucky cheese.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Drav posted:

idk, people are either taking profit and withdrawing it or taking profit and waiting to buy back lower. personally, i'm making daily withdrawals because we just had a huge run up that was extraordinarily profitable, and i need to take some of that profit so i can pay my taxes and recoup my initial capital. maybe others are doing the same :shrug:

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

Snowy posted:

yes

btw if you try to transfer it to the actual buttchain, fees will cost $10-20

coinbase let's you send to another coinbase account via email redemption for less fees

consider bcash or an ethereum cryptokitty or dogecoin or one of the many more exotic and actually maybe just buy that purple elephant misprint beanie baby tbh :ssh:

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Ham Sandwiches posted:

What's your point here, he got found out, and the well regulated financial industry is closing him down, putting him in jail and giving as much money as is possible back to the """investors""". Whereas of course, in bitcoin this could never happen *cough* bitconnect *cough*

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Snowy posted:

the answer is to buy on coinbase, transfer to gdax and then transfer to your wallet for $0.00

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
If you buy some butts today you might get it confirmed in time for Xmas 2018.