Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nah
Mar 16, 2009

In a few years all of the Patriots wins of the last decade and a half will be vacated due to the horrible things that will undoubedtely be uncovered by the league. So just laugh when they win now and say "Enjoy it while it lasts, loser"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I would rather witness the botched snap and the trophy flying away from Peyton's grasp a million times that lose even once to Eli

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I would rather witness the botched snap and the trophy flying away from Peyton's grasp a million times that lose even once to Eli

Never losing to Eli is nice and I recommend it

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
All this Patriots dominance is sort of worth it for the fact Eli loving Manning killed the perfect season and then beat them AGAIN in another Super Bowl.

I mean

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I'm still salty about the uncalled tripping penalty that forced us to punt and led directly to the Edelman TD, to say nothing of the fact that Edelman was clearly concussed and shouldn't have even been in the game

But hey we still blew it at the end so it doesn't really matter

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

News: Blake Bortles threw for 326 yards and three touchdowns against the Texans last Sunday. He is the highest rated QB in the month of December. Jadaveon Clowney called Blake Bortles "Trash" after the game. Blake, when question about it by the media, responded with "If how we're playing and how I'm playing, if that's trash, then I'm fine with being trash".

Views: :allears: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21838351/jacksonville-jaguars-fans-shipping-trash-cans-houston-texans-de-jadeveon-clowney
edit: tldr: Jaguars fans are buying trash cans on amazon and having them delivered to the Texans, addressed to Clowney.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Dec 21, 2017

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Ben Gay

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

News: Blake Bortles threw for 326 yards and three touchdowns against the Texans last Sunday. He is the highest rated QB in the month of December. Jadaveon Clowney called Blake Bortles "Trash" after the game. Blake, when question about it by the media, responded with "If how we're playing and how I'm playing, if that's trash, then I'm fine with being trash".

Views: :allears: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21838351/jacksonville-jaguars-fans-shipping-trash-cans-houston-texans-de-jadeveon-clowney

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I miss Rodney Harrison in 2004 screaming about how no one believes in them, ignoring the fact that they had just won 2 of the last 3 Super Bowls.

They kinda sorta were though. Pretty much every NFL covering media person on earth was really really eager to crown Peyton Manning's rear end during those years

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Randaconda posted:

All the Patriot Super Bowls should have asterisks, anyway, since they constantly cheat.

Not an empty quote.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Eric the Mauve posted:

They kinda sorta were though. Pretty much every NFL covering media person on earth was really really eager to crown Peyton Manning's rear end during those years
Not in 2004

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
N: Seahawks got fined 100k for not following the concussion protocol with Wilson.

V: As if any organization gives a gently caress about 100k fines.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Justin Forsett

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

GaussianCopula posted:

N: Seahawks got fined 100k for not following the concussion protocol with Wilson.

V: As if any organization gives a gently caress about 100k fines.

Fines really need to be percentage.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Mack Strong best football name ever, don't @ me :colbert:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Seriously. He was "a choker who couldn't win in the playoffs" until 2006 and even for a bit afterward

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Why aren't people mad that Rivers made the probowl over Alex

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

edit: tldr: Jaguars fans are buying trash cans on amazon and having them delivered to the Texans, addressed to Clowney.

Wasn’t Bortles already king of Garbage Time the past couple of seasons?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

kiimo posted:

Well, Alex was only good for a month at the beginning of the season, then poo poo for 6 consecutive weeks, then decent for the last couple

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

kiimo posted:

Because Rivers is better, even though he plays like dogshit against the Chiefs for some reason

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Rivers is 100% the better QB, there's no question at all. Besides poor mobility and an inability to extend plays, Rivers is a complete QB who can the do the rest at an elite level. Smith struggles at a lot of stuff.

But if we compare their 2017 seasons, it's not crazy to think Smith has played a lot better:

Rivers statline:
3838 Yards - 62.2% Completed - 24/10 TD/INT - 2.0% INT PCT - 7.6 AY/A - 93.8 QB Rating

Smith statline:
3738 Yards - 67.8% Completed - 25/5 TD/INT - 1.1% INT PCT - 8.6 AY/A - 105.4 QB Rating

Smith's statline is certainly a lot better than Rivers, while Rivers has thrown for 100 more yards Smith has a full extra yard of AY/A, which is pretty neat because its Alex Smith we are talking about. Smith has had 2 BRUTAL games (the Buffalo and Giants games were two of his worst as a Chief, and are probably up there in his career worst games) but the rest of the season he has been really good. I was calling for Mahomes to start after watching those 2 games, and I feel a little foolish about it now.

I do think a lot of Smith's season has to do with Hill and Kelce developing into really elite, blue-chip pass catchers

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
So nothing happens to the Texans after putting a seizured guy back out on the field, but the seahawks get a 100k fine for accidentally violating the concussion protocol due to a bunch of confusion on the sidelines? Seems like the NFL is still out to get the Seahawks. Pathetic

https://twitter.com/seahawksPR/status/943931425186766848

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

DaFrugalGamer posted:

So nothing happens to the Texans after putting a seizured guy back out on the field, but the seahawks get a 100k fine for accidentally violating the concussion protocol due to a bunch of confusion on the sidelines? Seems like the NFL is still out to get the Seahawks. Pathetic

Is this for Russell Wilson going into the tent and immediately coming out?

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gZndxEvFNk

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Nanobubbles are a miraculous thing.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Randaconda posted:

All the Patriot Super Bowls should have asterisks, anyway, since they constantly cheat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLzoi1ndQH8

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DaFrugalGamer posted:

being this much of a homer

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

SKULL.GIF posted:

Fines really need to be percentage.

Fines should be be replaced with loss of cap space, vacating wins or loss of draft picks. Hit teams with something that actually affects them.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
N: Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports thinks Case Keenum will command anywhere between $16M-18M per year during free agency next offseason

V: I know Keenum has been playing very well but that seems like a huge gamble

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

DariusLikewise posted:

Fines should be be replaced with loss of cap space, vacating wins or loss of draft picks. Hit teams with something that actually affects them.

Fines on the organization probably come directly or indirectly out of the owner's pocket in practice, which probably pisses the owner off more than losing draft pics or cap space.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

piss tape israel posted:

N: Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports thinks Case Keenum will command anywhere between $16M-18M per year during free agency next offseason

mike glennon got 15 million dollars and the cap keeps on going up uP UP

16-18 honestly seems conservative

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
I always like this guy's videos. He does a league-wide one every week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZC4Onsikdg

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Rivers is 100% the better QB, there's no question at all. Besides poor mobility and an inability to extend plays, Rivers is a complete QB who can the do the rest at an elite level. Smith struggles at a lot of stuff.

But if we compare their 2017 seasons, it's not crazy to think Smith has played a lot better:

Rivers statline:
3838 Yards - 62.2% Completed - 24/10 TD/INT - 2.0% INT PCT - 7.6 AY/A - 93.8 QB Rating

Smith statline:
3738 Yards - 67.8% Completed - 25/5 TD/INT - 1.1% INT PCT - 8.6 AY/A - 105.4 QB Rating

Smith's statline is certainly a lot better than Rivers, while Rivers has thrown for 100 more yards Smith has a full extra yard of AY/A, which is pretty neat because its Alex Smith we are talking about. Smith has had 2 BRUTAL games (the Buffalo and Giants games were two of his worst as a Chief, and are probably up there in his career worst games) but the rest of the season he has been really good. I was calling for Mahomes to start after watching those 2 games, and I feel a little foolish about it now.

I do think a lot of Smith's season has to do with Hill and Kelce developing into really elite, blue-chip pass catchers

Voting was also done while the Chargers were on a year and Rivers was the reason why

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Not that this will ever in any way amount to anything detrimental to the continued success of the New England Patriots, but there are reports that Brady and Belichick are unhappy because Belichick barred Brady's quack doctor from trolling the sidelines: https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/...lflow%3Atwitter

quote:

It’s hard to blame Belichick on this one. Of course he wants Tom to be happy. Putting up with Guerrero has been relatively harmless until now. But now some players are saying they’d rather do what Alex says than follow the instructions of the Patriots training staff. Almost half of the Patriots players are now working out on their own time with Guerrero.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

a neat cape posted:

Voting was also done while the Chargers were on a year and Rivers was the reason why

Yeah I don’t have a real problem with Rivers over Smith in the Pro Bowl, just wanted to give Smith’s 2017 season a little love because he’s playing his last couple of games as a Chief

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

fsif posted:

Not that this will ever in any way amount to anything detrimental to the continued success of the New England Patriots, but there are reports that Brady and Belichick are unhappy because Belichick barred Brady's quack doctor from trolling the sidelines: https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/...lflow%3Atwitter

Looks like Bill traded the wrong QBs this year.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

piss tape israel posted:

What do the Vikings do? Keenum has been playing lights out, but Teddy is prob a better player in a vacuum. OTOH, Teddy hasnt played in 2 years and who knows if that knee will hold up?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

What do the Vikings do? Keenum has been playing lights out, but Teddy is prob a better player in a vacuum. OTOH, Teddy hasnt played in 2 years and who knows if that knee will hold up?

I could see a team giving him a pretty good one year contract, with incentives built in if he's still good.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Codependent Poster posted:

Looks like Bill traded the wrong QBs this year.

Yeah, starting the probable league MVP is a real hardship.

But in all seriousness, I"m pretty sure the plan is everybody is gonna just quit when Brady retires, and then Gillette Stadium is going to implode and sink into the Earth's core.

Over the smoking ruin they'll say you can hear the ghost of Victor Kiam, floating around in circles whispering :ghost: Disposable razors are for cocksuckers :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://mobile.twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/943961760767401986

• Locked thread