Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

haveblue posted:

Trump is an overt fascist, Bannon is a blatant, proud fascist who can't stop saying hyperbolic apocalyptic grandiosities and also looks like a walking corpse.

This sounds...exactly like Donald Trump.

Edit: whoops uh, have this gif I made at work a dog is in it.

TheHan fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Dec 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think he knows he would probably lose or lose the primary.

Bannon running would, based on recent election results, almost certainly result in a Democrat winning.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/943941918626631681

Sure, ok dude, you go right ahead

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

moostaffa posted:

Bannon running would, based on recent election results, almost certainly result in a Democrat winning.

what if he ran as a democrat :ohdear:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Fart City posted:

At this point I'm just assuming his gut has adapted to convert any yeast-based products he ingests into alcohol on its own.

This is a thing, and apparently it sucks pretty bad: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto-brewery_syndrome

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

I mean...they don't have another reconciliation bill to use right?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Crow Jane posted:

This is a thing, and apparently it sucks pretty bad: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto-brewery_syndrome

So it's a microbe brewery

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ogmius815 posted:

They can use the FY19 bill, apparently. I think they'd have to start after September 30, so they'd be doing it right before elections, or as a finger in the eye of the public that just voted them out.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Sir Lemming posted:

there's no cure to what ales ya

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Sir Lemming posted:

I like it

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Ogmius815 posted:

It means they can do what they really want in taking potshots at it and blaming Democrats for blocking their totally honest good faith efforts.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

This is from Steve Bannon's mouthpiece aka his dick.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Sir Lemming posted:

:golfclap:

Seriously though, I read an article about a family that found out their daughter had it after CPS was called on them, because she would show up to kindergarten wasted every day. She was apparently a mean little drunk, which is sort of adorable and horrifying at the same time.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Ogmius815 posted:

No. He is talking out of his rear end like all Republican blowhards on twitter. They don't have another reconciliation bill till the end of 2018 I believe? That is why Paul Ryan's talk of going after medicare and social security is smoke as well. They don't have the numbers without their dumb loophole rule.

Edit: Of course this being the GOP, they may make a big fuss about "tradition and decorum," and then just create new rules for reconciliation or just abolish the filibuster to ramrod through a few more abominations before they get dunked on next year. Who loving knows at this point.

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Dec 21, 2017

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Holy poo poo, incisive commentary indeed!

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Sure, you try it again after failing 3 loving times in hilarious fashion. You're even down a Senate seat now!

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/943920526002675713

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
What makes you turn into a Bannon looking motherfucker? I'm thinking a lot of cured pork products and pasteurized process cheese food.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Trabisnikof posted:

there's no cure to what ales ya

at least it doesn't leave you in low spirits

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

sean10mm posted:

What makes you turn into a Bannon looking motherfucker? I'm thinking a lot of cured pork products and pasteurized process cheese food.

The facial redness could be due to his head being upside down a lot of the time, what with the autofellatio and all

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

TulliusCicero posted:

No. He is talking out of his rear end like all Republican blowhards on twitter. They don't have another reconciliation bill till the end of 2018 I believe? That is why Paul Ryan's talk of going after medicare and social security is smoke as well. They don't have the numbers without their dumb loophole rule.
Apparently they could use up the 2019 reconciliation before leaving office if they chose to do so. I would hope that would result in the end of the filibuster altogether with the incoming Senate. I would hope, if I had the capacity for it.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

sean10mm posted:

He's also done shitloads of hard drugs like meth, if stories are to be believed, which I kinda think they are.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

What would ever happen if a republican said on camera "look we just hate people, mostly poor people but everyone really, and we want them all to die"?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

sean10mm posted:

He used to run a company that sold world of Warcraft gold, so I'm guessing mountain dew and cheetos. He looks like a 3d version of the fatass enemy gamer dude in the South Park WoW episode.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Regarding paper vs electronic voting, you haven't lived until you've walked up to an election-configured voting machine from 2010 and had someone walk you through four separate unsuspicious hacks, two of which add arbitrary vote counts.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

sean10mm posted:

Steve Bannon was there when Andrew Breitbart's heart exploded inside his chest like a hand grenade, and the resulting trauma caused him to look like that.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Alter Ego posted:

Sure, you try it again after failing 3 loving times in hilarious fashion. You're even down a Senate seat now!

Pretty sure the game is "once everyone's costs go up, they'll beg us to repeal the Obamacare!" They hosed it up a bit by not passing their half-rear end plan early enough to totally screw 2018's plans (though loving insurance companies on CSRs hurt the exchange plans a bit). Unfortunately for them, the massive amount of coverage over the fight has led to more people realizing some of the ways the ACA helps them, and it's going to be more difficult for the Republicans to deflect blame this time.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Madkal posted:

What would ever happen if a republican said on camera "look we just hate people, mostly poor people but everyone really, and we want them all to die"?

Toss in a "bad hombres" and they can be president!

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Madkal posted:

They'd be applauded for their honesty.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/943947409700335618

Sure, no biggie, not like there are any disasters that require immediate attention/funding right now or anything

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Madkal posted:

Finally a candidate who talks straight and says what he means

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

They'd be applauded for their honesty.

And for "speaking their mind" unlike all those goddamn PC libs.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Madkal posted:

60% of the country would hate them immediately; 30% of the country would value their honesty and support it. 10% of the country that apparently lives in a bubble world would be "concerned but undecided."

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

sean10mm posted:

No, apparently that just makes you look like Lemmy.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

TheHan posted:

have this gif I made at work a dog is in it.

What do you do for work that requires you to make that?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Reading the TB ban thread in QQCS has reminded me that it's best to only post in one's subscribed threads because the grand majority of these forums are actually trash.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

sean10mm posted:

I read a dermatologists educated guess that said lots of stress, little sleep, too much alcohol and bad food.

Bicyclops posted:

Reading the TB ban thread in QQCS has reminded me that it's best to only post in one's subscribed threads because the grand majority of these forums are actually trash.

You have obviously not read the Cat FAQ and the big dog thread.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bicyclops posted:

Most of it is just pointless shitposting and trying to emulate FYAD to some extent or another except for the more serious threads like (lol) this one. But there's actually quite a few such threads. Not many topics that don't have an active thread talking about them somewhere. It's a balanced ecosystem of shitposting and effortposting!

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

first they came for diminutive dinosaurs, and I said nothing

then they came for the gifs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

sean10mm posted:

Remember as get older, starting at about 30, to do weight lifting exercises and jog 2 or 3 times a week, especially if you sit at a desk for your job. Also cut out sugary sodas, and don't eat red meat more than 2 or 3 times a week. If you must drink then do it on the weekends, don't get in the habit of having to have a stiff drink every day after work to take the edge off.

And of course, don't be filled with frothing rage 24/7. Constant stress causes hormonal changes.

• Locked thread