Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soylent Green
Oct 29, 2004
It's people

Bhodi posted:

Day 1 of 1.0, cheater in the very first game:

e: the snap to grid thing is part of the replay system apparently! I cap a gif of him scanning the hillside and zeroing in and hitting me obscured behind a tree

Post the gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
tbh i got legit good at pubg and I never got good at spotting people, I just got really good at figuring out where shots were coming from and killing people first. It wasn't until the top 1-2k that I'd start running into people I was losing aim duels to.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Soylent Green posted:

Post the gif
nothing's certain in love and war, it was suspicious as hell tho he's just running glances left and apparently sees me prone and obscured hundreds of meters away, after making nothing but hits

gooncam apparently sucks i guess i need to figure out the nvidia capture

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Dec 21, 2017

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Well, I was in the top 1.67% when I stopped today. A feat I'm sure I will never ever manage again.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Bhodi posted:

nothing's certain in love and war, it was suspicious as hell tho he's just running glances left and apparently sees me prone and obscured hundreds of meters away, after making nothing but hits

Grass doesn’t tender past like 100m away hope this helps.

Soylent Green
Oct 29, 2004
It's people

Bhodi posted:

Hey man, it's not impossible, there's certainly cheaters in the game but they're not exactly subtle usually, the game's over in the first circle as they warp about and kill everyone in seconds. With the new replay playback thing you can watch the entire game up until you left from his perspective, that should let you know one way or the other.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

VulgarandStupid posted:

Grass doesn’t tender past like 100m away hope this helps.
maybe he's just really good at spotting ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ stats suggest he's just good at the game. oh well, more games to play

quality is poo poo for some reason https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T63kUIK11-8.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Looks like the dude had spotted you for a good while before the clip started, in my opinion. If he was cheating I'd imagine he would have prioritized the person closer to him running between the two of you.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Well, the new map is nice. I usually hate deserts but I like the variety of elevations and buildings.
The only time I got to try it, I managed to run myself over with my own motorcycle.

GOTY.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Was playing solo FPP today and managed to get #2 on my first game, killed a few seconds after I hit the ground on my second game, and nabbed the chicken tendies for my third. I was dismayed because I forgot to record my third game only to find that the demo feature was turned on automatically for me. Played around with it a bit and this tool seems pretty decent and will definitely help make frag vids look much nicer. Awesome.

GOTY

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Inzombiac posted:

The only time I got to try it, I managed to run myself over with my own motorcycle.

GOTY.

GOTY indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HrmtlGpMwk

Stupendous Man
Jan 10, 2008
Defender of Freedom! Advocate of Liberty!
Has anyone else not been getting BP for wins in Duo FPP today? Got two wins and no BP for either of them.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

I haven’t gotten any BP for any of my solo FPP games

alr
May 14, 2009
New patch and new nVidia drivers, staying above 80 in the vicinity of Yasnaya at 3440x1440 with a gtx1070 and i5 2500k. Owns.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

alr posted:

New patch and new nVidia drivers, staying above 80 in the vicinity of Yasnaya at 3440x1440 with a gtx1070 and i5 2500k. Owns.

yeah performance seems MUCH better since the drivers dropped

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
I still haven't really learned the old map, now I have to learn the new one too :qq:

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
The patch seems to have given me a fun new bug where the lobby screen never loads my character or any of the buttons. Googling hasn’t given me much luck in finding solutions. Any suggestions?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

PantsOptional posted:

The patch seems to have given me a fun new bug where the lobby screen never loads my character or any of the buttons. Googling hasn’t given me much luck in finding solutions. Any suggestions?

Happens to everyone I play with atm, not just you!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

PantsOptional posted:

yup, happening to me. if I smash a bunch of buttons on my keyboard usually the UI will come back but just gives an error when I try to connect to a game again so I have to close out anyways

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I guess no one could have expected this buggy piece of poo poo release right lol

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

:thunk:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

yup, happening to me. if I smash a bunch of buttons on my keyboard usually the UI will come back but just gives an error when I try to connect to a game again so I have to close out anyways

For me it's just "wait [random 1-70] seconds"

DaNerd
Sep 15, 2009

u br?

Evilreaver posted:

For me it's just "wait [random 1-70] seconds"

I've found I can still click on the settings button and refresh the lobby. I do that 2-3 times and when that doesn't work I quit and relaunch it.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
I've been having a strange couple of problems. They may be old I don't know. There is a slight delay between clicking the mouse and the gun firing. I also have trouble with my shots hitting. I was just playing a game and had my sights dead on another player who was stationary at about 30ft and every shot missed.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Just refresh the lobby if you see this, it's a common bug.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I don't understand the dynamic of throwing money at streamers, but I'm glad there are people that do it to keep them going I guess? Watching chocotaco and some dude has thrown $750 in bits at him over the last 30 minutes or so.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Sometimes the people that do that issue chargebacks.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
So gsync hasnt been working for me recently, its working in all other titles. Anyone else having a similar issue?

PedestrianFish
Jul 10, 2006
I found a new friend underneath my pillow
Got "killed by falling" walking through a door today.

GOTY.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Vehicles are still as great as they've ever been
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcq2WrVjIkY

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Played several hours since 1.0 dropped. The new map is absolutely incredible, the game runs way smoother, the guns are fun.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
yeah, man i hate these bugs like, "getting shot in the head and dying because i wasn't fast enough on the draw with my trusted firearm".

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Hooplah posted:

Vehicles are still as great as they've ever been
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcq2WrVjIkY

It looks like you tried to get out of the vehicle and it immediately swung around and squished you against the tree? Still funny though

VELOUR SPACESUIT
Feb 4, 2008

Well well well, this looks to be one disturbingly erotic post

First chicken dinner on the new map. Played really well (and got a little lucky with some circles). Teammate got 3 kills as well. Feels good man.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.

Travic posted:

I've been having a strange couple of problems. They may be old I don't know. There is a slight delay between clicking the mouse and the gun firing. I also have trouble with my shots hitting. I was just playing a game and had my sights dead on another player who was stationary at about 30ft and every shot missed.

Assault rifles had their accuracy nerfed so they are a harder to snipe people with. There is some kind of server-client handshake change supposedly to combat people using lagswitches (is that even a real thing?) so when your latency gets a bit too high you will notice delays in moving and shooting. I had some latency issues this morning and it was almost a second between clicking the mouse and firing a shot. I was also randomly stopping dead in my tracks, not rubber-banding just straight up stopping and having to build up momentum again from a standing position.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

krursk posted:

lagswitches (is that even a real thing?)

Lagswitching is something you can do in any game that is lax about how it handles huge latency spikes, usually it's only a problem in games where a player is designated as the host(console games).

What it looks like for the guy using a "lagswitch"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx8LLZjYPSU

What it looks like for people on the other end
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcvmfckM6P0

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Hey Goons, I know you guys are having fun discussing chicken dinners. But I wanted to show you all some dumb fan art my and my friend made for the game.

Backstory, my friend and I work on Rick and Morty and have this youtube channel where we redraw viewer submitted artwork/teach people drawing techniques. I wanted to make this months theme PUBG. So if your interested in drawing cartoons or want to know how we make this sort of thing. Or just want some laughs, you should head on over to our youtube channel to watch us draw and hangout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oJSGxI8eTU

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Off topic, but as someone associated with the show, how sick is everyone of anything to do with the show being run into the ground?

Also that is cool as heck and I have subbed.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

lohli posted:

Off topic, but as someone associated with the show, how sick is everyone of anything to do with the show being run into the ground?

Also that is cool as heck and I have subbed.

Hey thanks for the sub man. And I'm not really sure why people want to run things into the ground. I really appreciate that they like our show, but late stage capitalism/mainstream adoption of nerd culture just seems to make people go a little crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Typical posted:

Hey Goons, I know you guys are having fun discussing chicken dinners. But I wanted to show you all some dumb fan art my and my friend made for the game.

Backstory, my friend and I work on Rick and Morty and have this youtube channel where we redraw viewer submitted artwork/teach people drawing techniques. I wanted to make this months theme PUBG. So if your interested in drawing cartoons or want to know how we make this sort of thing. Or just want some laughs, you should head on over to our youtube channel to watch us draw and hangout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oJSGxI8eTU

that artstyle felt super familiar before I even got to the words. like all the crazy eyes, its how I feel playing

• Locked thread