Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
Like, everything is things inside of things.

All is sandwich. Sandwichception.

Sanwiches all the way down.

:2bong:

e:

Phobic Nest fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Dec 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I remember the forum days before probations were a thing and people were just banned all the time for minor poo poo.

Kubrick
Jul 20, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So what are the excuses Bay Area people make against building a ton of big apartment buildings? It's something entirely selfish I'm sure.

Literally the same arguments everyone uses against gentrification, but this time it's wrong because

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Counterpoint: soup.

Bread bowl notwithstanding.

to be fair the soup that goes in a breadbowl would be better classified as a stew of some kind

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

What is this from? I love that costume design.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Phobic Nest posted:

Like, everything is things inside of things.

All is sandwich. Sandwichception.

Sanwiches all the way down.

:2bong:

man i wish it were possible to create a modern space station 13 with a non lovely ui

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Ularg posted:

Google image search says it is the new Black Panther movie.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
overwatch even added an afrofuturist character (he's not great yet but he'll get a balance pass eventually)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0jpVhFRkFM

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

https://twitter.com/APBusiness/status/943961299536539648

:allears:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

AceOfFlames posted:

I love everything about this picture except those gauntlet thingies. For some reason, they remind me of repurposed Hulk Hands.

They need to be bigger.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I love it!

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I started the thread in QQcs on the suggestion of someone in the Mod Feedback thread specifically so people could post about their feelings on it without derailing things too much here and elsewhere (kind of wish the thread would have been left open so people could keep posting there about it if they still wanted to talk about it).

I wasn't even aware this happened so I just got caught up and holy mother of God there are some catastrophically bad posters on this site. Like if they're gonna perma TB they need to fire the worst posters from your thread into the sun.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Betcha he's going to be involved in the Trump admin somehow.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

..better leadership, still sheit pizza, papa johns?

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

DreamShipWrecked posted:

These moments are great because far too many people have the horribly misguided idea that HR is their friends in any way, shape, or form.

Small venue HR meetings are my favorite thing because it inevitably ends with the reps having to walk back half their statements because the audience can recognize their bullshit
We had a workplace audit where part of the spiel from the two HR people at the beginning of each interview was "we're not The Bobs from Office Space." We got Bobbed really loving hard.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Counterpoint: soup.

Bread bowl notwithstanding.

soup is easy to make a sandwich with

why you'd want to eat a frozen soup sandwich, i can't answer, but i can make you one

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006

DRRRAAINAGE!!!
vs. Domino's

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Better Ingredients, better pizza, secretary of state

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Here's stepping down so he and Patent Manning can sail around the world together

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I knew a girl from Louisville who would use the Papa John's guy being from there as some kind of selling point for the city. She was cool otherwise, tho

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

They need to be bigger.

Those are clearly lions on his arms, so not covered under the 2nd amendment.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

They need to be bigger.

...huh, I did think of the Nemean Cestus while looking at those hands but for some reason, I was convinced the lions' mouths were closed, which make them look a tad silly (though they must hurt a lot loving more). I do agree that making them bigger helps.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Dec 21, 2017

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/943964819065135104

Oh, well, that’s good news, at lea-

https://mobile.twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/943966180724891649

What the gently caress

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

AceOfFlames posted:

I love everything about this picture except those gauntlet thingies. For some reason, they remind me of repurposed Hulk Hands.

Hulk Hands aren't as far along the form over function continuum as those gauntlets. Fists are still marginally functional for environmental interaction, unlike panther barrel laser hands.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Infrastructure weak

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

My guess is the Senate plans to tack it onto something the House won't want to vote for.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Gyges posted:

Hulk Hands aren't as far along the form over function continuum as those gauntlets. Fists are still marginally functional for environmental interaction, unlike panther barrel laser hands.

Plus, they still have their uses (it would be awesome if this was in Deadpool 2 thanks t the Fox deal):

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

They just cut taxes, they can't go around spending money they don't have! Party of Fiscal Responsibility!

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Anyone got that Guillotine GIF handy?

https://twitter.com/USATODAY/status/943596620708446210

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Stereotype posted:

I remember the forum days before probations were a thing and people were just banned all the time for minor poo poo.

SA can no longer survive without shitposts tho.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

VanSandman posted:

I just wanna know where can I talk about the Afro-Futurism aesthetic of this film and others with similar looks because I could see this becoming a whole thing.

TGRS and Negrotown yo

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Annual income: 1 million dollar. Thank heavens for that tax bill.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

EDIT: Somebody already posted it in that Twitter thread.

Some Pinko Commie fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Dec 21, 2017

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I'm actually shocked there's a person earning a million dollars a year that this bill raises taxes on. But you're sort of missing the point of how insidious this article is: it presents three "middle class" families that get a tax cut, then manages to somehow find the one unambiguiously wealthy person who gets a tax increase. It's trying to pretend that the bill isn't hilariously tilted towards the wealthy.

The real tell is earning $1m in wages. Nobody does that besides, like, sports stars. Everyone else who makes that much money has pass-through businesses, investment income, or some other structure that's tax-favored, not wages.

quote:

4. A single taxpayer with $1 million in AGI who rents their home, donates $40,000 to charity, pays $45,000 in state income tax, and has no other itemizable deductions.
So far, we've looked at how the new tax bill will affect various middle-income households. However, some of the bill's critics have called it a "massive tax cut for the rich," or something similar, so let's see how it would affect a high-income taxpayer.

Under current tax law, this individual would use $85,000 in itemized deduction (they wouldn't get a personal exemption), to reduce their taxable income to $915,000. This would result in federal income tax of $317,283.

The new tax structure would allow this taxpayer to deduct their entire charitable contribution, but only $10,000 of their local property taxes, bringing their taxable income to $950,000. The generally lower marginal tax rates would result in a federal income tax of $317,190, which would be a tax cut of just $93. In other words, the three middle-income households would get much bigger tax cuts than a wealthy taxpayer like this.

(i assume they realized they botched their math after they tweeted the link but updated the article anyway).

evilweasel fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Dec 21, 2017

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

evilweasel posted:

The real tell is earning $1m in wages. Nobody does that besides, like, sports stars. Everyone else who makes that much money has pass-through businesses or some other structure, not wages.

what if its an extremely busy traveling stripper

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Ularg posted:

Black Panther

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I wish Black Panther was out in time to watch around Christmas instead of another loving Star Wars movie.

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

evilweasel posted:

I'm actually shocked there's a person earning a million dollars a year that this bill raises taxes on. But you're sort of missing the point of how insidious this article is: it presents three "middle class" families that get a tax cut, then manages to somehow find the one unambiguiously wealthy person who gets a tax increase. It's trying to pretend that the bill isn't hilariously tilted towards the wealthy.

The real tell is earning $1m in wages. Nobody does that besides, like, sports stars. Everyone else who makes that much money has pass-through businesses or some other structure, not wages.

(i assume they realized they botched their math after they tweeted the link but updated the article anyway).

Also it limits millionares to deducting only 10,000 on state property and income tax so it seems like a situation that would never happen, wtf

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I wish Black Panther was out in time to watch around Christmas instead of another loving Star Wars movie.

Same, I can't wait. The Shape of Water looks like it's going to be really good if you're looking for something to watch, tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

mango sentinel posted:

Anyone got that Guillotine GIF handy?

Alternately:

• Locked thread