Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
So we get 1 more new chapter just before new years, how many does that make for 2017?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The "anime" ended on a to be continued card.

Looks like last season ended about halfway through Vritannis. If they keep up the same pace that would give them like what, another season or two before they catch up to the manga?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Maybe they'll have time to upgrade from Dreamcasts to Xbox 360's for their CGI

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

The "anime" ended on a to be continued card.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Starting to get that creeping excitement of a new Berserk chapter boiling up... along with the realisation that Miura's definitely going to call hiatus just before we see if Casca has changed from everything or not.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Next chapter is rickert side quest

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Starting to get that creeping excitement of a new Berserk chapter boiling up... along with the realisation that Miura's definitely going to call hiatus just before we see if Casca has changed from everything or not.

I'm mentally preparing myself for this. How could he not do that to us. I'm convinced his release schedule is some sort of meta tie-in to the hopelessness the characters feel through out the series.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Oberst posted:

Next chapter is rickert side quest

I would be okay with this

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Don't be surprised if the next group of chapters is back to Griffith and his dream/nightmare. The dick monsters have appeared, so it's time to go back to something else. It may even motivate the future showdown.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Going back to Falconia now would be phenominally bad pacing. I think we'll be following Caska' journey until she either awakens or a new Bad Thing happens.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

"Still in Caska's dream" is going to be the new "still on the boat."

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

There's going to be a boat in Casca's dream and they are going to spend 5 years on it

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Unfortunately, if I'm going to think of someone stuck on a boat, I'm inevitably going to think of Rurouni Kenshin.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Solice Kirsk posted:

"Still in Caska's dream" is going to be the new "still on the boat."

At least the few visuals throughout the dream would be cool this time. And ultimately, we're going to get a return to the Eclipse from her perspective before the Hiatus hits to give the manga readers a little taste of what 1997 anime fans felt.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Still in a dream, Snake Eater (Mozgus).

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://imgur.com/a/OEklB

Korean raws of the new chapter.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Dec 20, 2017

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

https://imgur.com/a/OEklB

Korean raws of the new chapter.

I am afraid to even click it

Not because of spoilers or anything, but more just....it's here. It IS here, isn't it? Oh god, it's Schrodinger's chapter.

EDIT: :catdrugs:

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Dec 20, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This is a summary of the text.
http://puu.sh/yKgfz/c313c155c2.png

Leaving it as a URL for spoiler protection.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
hope no one was expecting much to happen

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
At least we get a new chapter in a month.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Relin posted:

hope no one was expecting much to happen
That's not what I expected, in any case. Something doesn't jive chronologically, but I'll wait for the translations.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
Could you please stop talking about the new chapter outside of spoiler tags before the translation is even out?

Also, is there a real translation out?

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
edit: no need for this anymore

honestly didnt expect that muira does it again!

drjuggalo fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Dec 24, 2017

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
Thanks for the link.

It was really weird reading that at work with cheerful christmas music in the background

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

drjuggalo posted:

https://imgur.com/gallery/IlV2r

Based on this translation...

I'd say wait for the Evil Genius version because it's abysmal.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
gutsmon digivolved

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

If you write any number, you will find a place where you can find a piece...!

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Well that was cool and advanced the plot just a tad but the translation is nigh unreadable.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Yeah I'm just gonna wait. I saw the raws and am looking forward to it but I'd rather just read a good translation.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Farnese is still into the thorns huh

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Yeah I'm just gonna wait. I saw the raws and am looking forward to it but I'd rather just read a good translation.

Same. I went and looking thinking, "Well, maybe it's not that bad," but no - it is. Maybe I'd muddle through it for another series or at a different moment (like the boat), but not for this. :/

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://readms.net/r/berserk/352/4783/1

Thanks for the good stuff like usual E_G & LordMune

e:

Natalie.mu has an article about the latest issue of Young Animal that contains a pretty interesting tidbit: 今後は隔号で連載されていく。

What this translates to is that "from now on, Berserk will be published serially in every other issue [of Young Animal]." Obviously I think we need to be very cautious until we get direct confirmation from YA, but what this implies is a return to a regular publication for the series.

Source of that text:
http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=15418.msg250279#msg250279

https://natalie.mu/comic/news/262263

I refuse to accept this until it happens.
It sounds too good to be true.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Dec 23, 2017

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
You're very welcome! Raws were late this time, but actual turnaround time on the scanlation was shorter than usual. Will probably make some minor edits to the text before the proper EG release, as per usual.

As for resuming serialization, that is pretty much what it says on the first page. Don't get your hopes up though, they've used similar language to describe Miura's six-month bursts in the past.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

drjuggalo posted:

https://imgur.com/gallery/IlV2r

All my fetishes, lend me your strength!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm out of fetishes!

...to the internet!

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

The first couple pages of this chapter has a really nice color image of Guts and Griffith. It has much more vibrant colors than most of Miura's color art so I'm guessing it's not from him?

Thanks for the good translation!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Mangastream likes to insert fanart into their releases, so you're probably right.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Ccs posted:

The first couple pages of this chapter has a really nice color image of Guts and Griffith. It has much more vibrant colors than most of Miura's color art so I'm guessing it's not from him?

Thanks for the good translation!

Bless you child, that you don't know how mangastream usually operates.

And bless us all that Berserk has much better fanart than usual. I hope they put in the street fighter parody next time.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
At first I was "Guts-dog :ohdear:"

Then I was "Guts-dog :black101:"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Berserker Armor Dog, holyshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The end-of-chapter tagline was honestly a lot more upbeat than I expected for Casca’s image of Guts going berserk.