Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Face
Mar 31, 2017

resistentialism posted:

Play winston to shoo them away. Play mccree to stun tracer and then shoot her.

I'm still having trouble with genji. I haven't been in a game with a genji where they didn't tear through half the other team solo, on my side or the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
the team with the good genji usually wins

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I can’t tell if Genji and Tracer are really good or if I’m really bad against them. They give me more trouble than any other character in the game.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Bumper Stickup posted:

Got off my rear end and finished my placements. Played mostly Zenyatta this time as opposed to Soldier/Junkrat the previous two seasons. Placed at 2907. Down from 3100 from the last two seasons as dps. Dps ranking bias blah blah blah.

Very last game I played out of my mind as Zenyatta and actually beat out the Mercy on my team in healing. Ended with over 14,000 healing done (gold) and 10,000 damage done (silver). Transcendence healing done was about 6,000. Sometimes micromanaging heals just clicks and things like that happen.

Should have rolled Moira since she's broken with the current On-Fire system and Medals. If comp actually bases it off your 'skill' then it's easiest for her to play up both dps and heals at the same time.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

My unpopular opiniom is that genji is a good hero and hanzo is a good hero who needs some slight tweaks to a few of his abilities, but the number of good genji and hanzo players are significantly fewer than the number of people who think they are good genji and hanzo players.

also bring back the Death Hook, thank you and good night

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

genji being good isn't really an unpopular opinion

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Liar Lyre posted:

I can’t tell if Genji and Tracer are really good or if I’m really bad against them. They give me more trouble than any other character in the game.

Tracer is probably the best dps in the game after the soldier nerfs 6 months back. Genji is also incredibly strong if played well, but he's more reliant on what his and his enemy team comps are. If you're playing tank heavy line ups, he suffers a lot more.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Tracer has a high skill floor but she's pretty busted when someone really good is at the helm.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
i mean they majorly hosed his hair up

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Thor-Stryker posted:

Should have rolled Moira since she's broken with the current On-Fire system and Medals. If comp actually bases it off your 'skill' then it's easiest for her to play up both dps and heals at the same time.

I've been almost unable to get on fire with moira, whats the trick

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

got any sevens posted:

Bounce death orbs in clever ways to pick off far away enemies, confirm kills on enemies that are close enough with right click, and constantly puff (but typically don't spray) your heals into clustered groups of friendlies.

Edit: My average SR gains on a win are about even with my average SR losses on a loss, despite having much better than average stats in everything but number of deaths (see below). So I'm not sure that there's some trick to climbing with Moira aside from "win more."

Ersatz fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Dec 22, 2017

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Ersatz posted:

So I'm not sure that there's some trick to climbing aside from "win more."

ftfy.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Yeah - fair enough.

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
They could make scatter arrow a proximity bomb that arms when it bounces and ramps up in damage as it ricochets/travels. That'd encourage bouncing it around corners while still letting it confirm kills and be less of a random one-shot. It doesn't need the arrows to have auto-aim or whatever the hell, there'd still be finesse in aiming it that way.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

replace scatter arrow with an arrow that shoots tiny holes through the level geometry. not enough that it's actually useful in creating flanking routes that people can fit though, like it just swiss-cheeses random walls and it looks funny

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
replace scatter arrow with an arrow that still bounces but it leaves your current spray on the walls and players that it hits.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

SciFiDownBeat posted:

replace scatter arrow with an arrow that shoots tiny holes through the level geometry. not enough that it's actually useful in creating flanking routes that people can fit though, like it just swiss-cheeses random walls and it looks funny

That's not simple geometry.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

got any sevens posted:

Ersatz posted:

Bounce death orbs in clever ways to pick off far away enemies, confirm kills on enemies that are close enough with right click, and constantly puff (but typically don't spray) your heals into clustered groups of friendlies.

Pretty much this. You can be constantly dealing damage by Biotic Orbing enemies + Puff Healing + sitting on the cart, all at the same time.

Overall, you want to damage every enemy with your orb while dps is doing their thing. If they get the kill, then you get an elimination point, so you can pretty much get an elim for every kill a teammate makes provided you did damage to the enemy.
It's artificial because you're not doing that much damage, but it inflates your 'on fire' meter and your medals.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
So is Moira just in a poo poo spot right now with the bug fixes allowing her orb/beam to hit player created poo poo (turrets, traps, etc). Cause it seems that her orbs are just getting sucked up by shields now and not doing anything.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Moira has been absolutely destroying me in deathmatch, to the point where I don't bother playing the mode anymore for my arcade wins.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Pendent posted:

Moira has been absolutely destroying me in deathmatch, to the point where I don't bother playing the mode anymore for my arcade wins.

I was in one the other day where a Moira won and the person in second hadn't even hit 10 kills yet

She is kill stealer extraordinaire

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

kumba posted:

I was in one the other day where a Moira won and the person in second hadn't even hit 10 kills yet

She is kill stealer extraordinaire
She can also burst down a squishy target in 1.6 seconds between the orb and right click, and the right click has very generous aim requirements. That combined with the random orbs is making her queen of DM right now, with only junkrat to contest the throne.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

World Famous W posted:

So is Moira just in a poo poo spot right now with the bug fixes allowing her orb/beam to hit player created poo poo (turrets, traps, etc). Cause it seems that her orbs are just getting sucked up by shields now and not doing anything.
It's honestly nowhere near as bad a nerf as people make it out to be.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Moira doesn’t always work in DM. I play her quite a bit, and sometimes I’ll get about 10 kills but 20-30 assists. There are some games where I participated in nearly every kill. Yet again I play like a donkey, so I die a lot to Reapers and Hanzos

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Liar Lyre posted:

Moira doesn’t always work in DM. I play her quite a bit, and sometimes I’ll get about 10 kills but 20-30 assists. There are some games where I participated in nearly every kill. Yet again I play like a donkey, so I die a lot to Reapers and Hanzos
Yeah, it's not unusual to wrack up 30-40 elims on the way to 20 final blows. The trick to landing the blow yourself is to make liberal use of the burst combo with the orb and right click.

The thing I'm trying to work on most right now is effective fade jumping. Landing in unexpected spots is pretty key to survival.

Ersatz fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Dec 23, 2017

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Yeah when DMing as moira it's easy to get caught out with no fade and orb and just die to whatever dps. Also moira literally cannot kill roadhog by herself. (tanks in general, but especially hog)

What I'm saying is, if you're having deathmatch problems, press H.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Ersatz posted:

It's honestly nowhere near as bad a nerf as people make it out to be.

It's going to seriously wreck her ult generation which is probably the only thing good about her right now though.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

she does seem worse than people thought she'd be on release so idk why they'd do that

e: they could just have her bypass shields but let her deal with traps and stuff

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Dec 23, 2017

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

dogstile posted:

It's going to seriously wreck her ult generation which is probably the only thing good about her right now though.

I'm not a huge fan of her ult anyway, you cant fade or orb during it and it's cancelled by a few things (doompunch, sleepdart, hack) and you have to keep aiming during it.

Her orbs killing stray junk traps and turrets is kinda nice tbh, i didnt know it didnt add to ult charge though

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I would just like to pop into here to say that I long for the day that Mercy is no longer required for a team to be competitive. gently caress Nu-Mercy.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Maybe if the players she rezzed only started at half health? Or they were ported back to spawn, but reduce rez c/d or something?
And lower time length of her ult?

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Stick to the basement in the castle as Moira and you will clean house

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Winner of January '10 Lux Aeterna "Best 2010 Poster" Award
... Playing as the Yeti in yeti hunter, throwing myself repeatedly off the cliff because "THE CAVE... THE CAVE IS CURSED!!!" - egging on the other MEI's that I can "ESCAPE THIS CURSE BEFORE YOU ALL!!!!"....

4 games later of me jumping off the edge - all the Mei's start jumping off the ledge, giving me the win.

The next 20 games was a race to see whom could throw themselves off the cliff and lose the game faster.

Queue in the random Mei that wasn't in on it, with a giant "WTF" look on their face when everyone (mei's and yeti's) are shouting "WE MUST LIFT THE CURSE" and throwing themselves off cliffs.

I think that was the most fun I've had in Overwatch in ages. It would have continued had we not gotten a server crash error.

gee, I wonder why...

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

got any sevens posted:

Maybe if the players she rezzed only started at half health? Or they were ported back to spawn, but reduce rez c/d or something?
And lower time length of her ult?

Dumpster the full regen for Valk, as she is basically impossible to kill with it. Also cut its duration in half. Being nigh-unkillable and able to chain-heal for twenty seconds is absolutely ridiculous.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i think its time to say that, for once, for the good of the game, heroes need to die

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
i got a 6k in like 10 seconds with hanzo and it wasnt even potg what am i doing wrong with my life

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

IMO Mercy should only be able to rez when in her ult. Also she shouldn't be unkillable for ages while in her ult. Maybe let her rez a bunch of people at once to compensate.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Irony Be My Shield posted:

IMO Mercy should only be able to rez when in her ult. Also she shouldn't be unkillable for ages while in her ult. Maybe let her rez a bunch of people at once to compensate.

Yeah. Hey, you could even maybe ditch the flight and infinite ammo aspects of the ult, as well as the chain-healing

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Grey Face posted:

I'm still having trouble with genji. I haven't been in a game with a genji where they didn't tear through half the other team solo, on my side or the other.

It's pretty hard for Genji to jump on a decent Moria, if sword isn't up she can bully him away with M2 and keep herself up with heal orb + blink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
So is Moira a better designed hero than Doomfist/Sombra or does Blizzard just have a better process for introducing a new person into the game?

I feel like Sombra and Doomfist had super rough launches compared to Ana's super busted intro (Nano-Errythang.frvr) and Orisa's mild "She sucks-wait no im wrong, she's good" intro. Like I feel like people were immediately playing her effectively whearas with the other characters people needed weeks to get settled on what their plan was supposed to be.