Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

teacup posted:

Oh come on. No one is doing this. Not even the Australian. They run stories on Muslim gangs of youths planning terror or African gangs of kids planning robberies and rapes, no one is running stories on gangs of mentally ill murdering people. Rather they are quoting that police know of him because ... shock horror he is mentally ill.

Uhh newspapers run stories on :siren:MENTAL PATIENTS:siren: murdering people literally all the time (although not in gangs).

The police know of him because he has multiple past assault convictions, (probably) not because he has a mental illness.

It's like how American news always brings up how mass shooters are on antidepressants to sell the scary and dangerous angle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

CrazyTolradi posted:

New solution is the E-class, which has decent seating and air-con.

But requires more power than the system can handle if it wants to go up a hill.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Hey other racists noticed us!

https://twitter.com/bnp/status/943823261539979264

What an ugly stunted little organization.

hyperbowl
Mar 26, 2010

ewe2 posted:

Hey other racists noticed us

The daily mail or the bnp?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

hyperbowl posted:

The daily mail or the bnp?

Yes.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Did Trump retweet it?

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Scummo is out in the media saying that we should be looking at the GOP tax bill as a sign that we need to lower corporate tax in Australia. Imagine what kind of piece of poo poo you'd have to be to look at what that tax bill is going to do and think yep that's where our country needs to go.
Lol and today he's saying he's going to become the defender of Christianity because he's sick of people making mean jokes. He wants Malcolms job in a big way.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

too bad he’s never gonna get it because nobody likes him in the party

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

JBP posted:

A lot of people oppose safe schools style programs because they want to do their own sex and life education with their children and don't trust the government to do it.

I think this is a fair and reasonable argument.

And then you'll have compounding bad information passed from generation to generation with no input from an evolving and improving curricula.

BBJoey posted:

too bad he’s never gonna get it because nobody likes him in the party

Fixed.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

you actually made it incorrect. popularity outside the party room will not be a factor in the next liberal spill because none of the contenders outside julie bishop are more liked than turnbull; hence why the next pm will be peter dutton.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

BBJoey posted:

you actually made it incorrect. popularity outside the party room will not be a factor in the next liberal spill because none of the contenders outside julie bishop are more liked than turnbull; hence why the next pm will be peter dutton.

I don't think Bishop will be a contender unless other people can put your name up unilaterally.
It'll be Dutton v ScoMo and I think Dutton will probably win because he's clearly got so much party room power.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Zenithe posted:

I was at work and saw what could be the Worst Tweet Ever, and screen capped it, certain that it would be gone in a few hours. Haha, nope:

https://twitter.com/mirandadevine/status/943782755250212864

:wtc:

I must be living a parallel universe because VicPol are actually black-clad shoot from the hip stormtrooper wannabes

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Comrade Andrews and his Muslim Stormtroopers

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

Comrade Andrews and his Muslim Stormtroopers

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Sad to see Australia chickened out with voting at the UN to reject Trump's decision to move the Israeli capital to Jerusalem. We abstained, unlike countries like the UK who voted for the resolution.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

ewe2 posted:

Hey other racists noticed us!

https://twitter.com/bnp/status/943823261539979264

Wow, the literal British nazi party

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

A TASMANIAN woman was left shocked after Centrelink allegedly ordered her to hand back over her welfare payments following the legalisation of same-sex marriage in Australia.

In the midst of celebrating the historic SSM vote, the unnamed woman was informed that her overseas marriage to her wife in 2016 had been recognised by the welfare agency.

Because of this, Centrelink claimed that she wasn’t entitled to any of the family payments she had received over the past year and requested that she pay back $6600 in welfare she had been given.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Man. Imagine being the guy giving the order to backdate overseas SSMs in order to claw back welfare dollars.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Anidav posted:

Man. Imagine being the guy giving the order to backdate overseas SSMs in order to claw back welfare dollars.

Nah, I can’t imagine being Malcolm Turnbull.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Best state poll results are being announced Jan 26th right?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Schlesische posted:

I don't think Bishop will be a contender unless other people can put your name up unilaterally.
It'll be Dutton v ScoMo and I think Dutton will probably win because he's clearly got so much party room power.

yeah i don’t think she will contest, just wanted to cover my bases in case any of the wretched pedants who haunt my every post pointed out that bishop is broadly more popular than turnbull.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Scomo's popularity is in single figures, as is Duttons. Abbott's sitting on like 15% or something pathetic like that, and as a point of reference, the party room knows that putting him back would result in electoral mass destruction.

Bishop is polling higher than Turnbull, which is one half of the only two metrics that matter.

Unfortunately for her leadership ambitions, the other metric is "Is Male."

IMO, Malc will almost certainly be taking the party to the next election. There just isn't any talent in safe enough seats to bother changing things up, they'll just try to hammer labor on natsec, immigration, economic performance and hope that the Media softballs them back into power (they'll certainly do their best).

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Poll Bludger has the LNP losing the federal election just on the swing out of QLD alone

australiar
Dec 21, 2017

by Smythe
dutton looks like he's about to split open and millions of tiny naked hungering duttons crawl out of his hollow shell

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

australiar posted:

dutton looks like he's about to split open and millions of tiny naked hungering duttons crawl out of his hollow shell

Stranger Things S3

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

australiar posted:

That happened already, see: Anidav

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Hey. I have plenty of hair

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Anidav posted:

Hey. I have plenty of hair
I didn't say anything about hair.

Although it does give me a good idea for Secret Santa next year.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
They should deffo make Dutton PM so he can repeat Howard’s performance of losing his own seat.

bigis
Jun 21, 2006

Cartoon posted:

Best state poll results are being announced Jan 26th right?

During the triple M hottest 100

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Imagine the level of Gary Sizzle cocaine brainstorming was happening at Austereo when they shambled into the Ozzest 100 gently caress you party.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

JBP posted:

Imagine the level of Gary Sizzle cocaine brainstorming racism was happening at Austereo when they shambled into the Ozzest 100 gently caress you party.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS
It is possible for a middle eastern man to harbor ill will towards Australia because he is a middle eastern man. Australia doesn't exactly have the best track record with the region and we aren't terribly kind to people from that region now living in Australia. It'd be good if the causes of terrorism were talked about in the media, but instead everybody pretends terrorist intentions develop in a vacuum based on nothing except vague religious affiliations.

Any policy designed to help these people is always screeched about by right wing commentators. They don't want any solution except deportation, which they somehow think is a superior moral position to have.

Who knows what caused this guy to do what he did in Melbourne but it's not great to blame it on mental illness either.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm an australian and I'm harboring ill will towards australia right now.

Guy should have driven to Canberra tho.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

hey buddy the politicians are on break in their respective electorates and the only people left in canberra are the public servants too stupid to apply for leave early.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Don Dongington posted:

Scomo's popularity is in single figures, as is Duttons. Abbott's sitting on like 15% or something pathetic like that, and as a point of reference, the party room knows that putting him back would result in electoral mass destruction.

Bishop is polling higher than Turnbull, which is one half of the only two metrics that matter.

Unfortunately for her leadership ambitions, the other metric is "Is Male."

IMO, Malc will almost certainly be taking the party to the next election. There just isn't any talent in safe enough seats to bother changing things up, they'll just try to hammer labor on natsec, immigration, economic performance and hope that the Media softballs them back into power (they'll certainly do their best).

I think Malcolm will take the LNP to the next election and it will be ScoMo vs someone else (possibly Frydenburg?) who will be the interim leader with Bishop sitting in the back until about a year out from an election when she'll step in and take over and lead them to that later election.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Schlesische posted:

I think Malcolm will take the LNP to the next election and it will be ScoMo vs someone else (possibly Frydenburg?) who will be the interim leader with Bishop sitting in the back until about a year out from an election when she'll step in and take over and lead them to that later election.

It's possible Malc will stick around for a couple months to make sure Abbott doesn't somehow get the leadership back, and then probably hand over to Bishop.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Schlesische posted:

Yeah, something like this.

The reward for knocking off Turnbull is going down with the ship, and rebulding the party after losing government is a thankless task. Bill Shorten is the only opposition leader in decades who might buck that trend.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

You Am I posted:

Sad to see Australia chickened out with voting at the UN to reject Trump's decision to move the Israeli capital to Jerusalem. We abstained, unlike countries like the UK who voted for the resolution.

I like to think it's because of Turnbull's inability to take a stance and not because we're an American vassal state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Anidav posted:

"Hey. I have plenty of hair"

"Not for long, my son"

• Locked thread