Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Why does PUBG run so bad anyways? It looks like dog poo poo on any platform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Isn't a modded version of ARMA2? Those games are always cantankerous piles of code that end up being system hogs.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
PUBG runs at a solid 60fps on my i5-570 PC leet gaming rig and looks just fine, I've put 200+ hours into it and my insane buddy BCRock there has put like 500 hours into it so either we're both complete idiots or there's some sort of, I don't know, 'gameplay' allure that this game provides that Mikkkro$oft is trying to 'trick' users into spending $30 whole dollars on for this big Xmas marketing push they're going with (I have seen zero PUBG marketing on the Xbone)

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I mean as janky as it is my Xbros and me are having a blast. Fire fights are so dangerous it ends up being nerve wracking when you get ready to storm a house that you know is filled with dudes.

Kind of the same reason I like R6: Siege. It's intense and dying actually means something.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm still probably going to get it myself. I just went batshit with buying games over the last few months and I'm going to have to buy a Gold sub to play it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Beastie posted:

Isn't a modded version of ARMA2? Those games are always cantankerous piles of code that end up being system hogs.

No, it's on unreal engine. The sad thing is that epic games made a battle Royale mode in fortnight that runs better.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ether Frenzy posted:

(I have seen zero PUBG marketing on the Xbone)

You're not seeing any marketing then. It's a CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE and they're even giving it away free with new Xbonx purchases.

I don't understand why GR Wildlands didn't do Battle Royale, that game looks like a finished version of PUBG.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

You're not seeing any marketing then. It's a CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE and they're even giving it away free with new Xbonx purchases.

I don't understand why GR Wildlands didn't do Battle Royale, that game looks like a finished version of PUBG.

My brother is visiting from Montana and playing Ghost Recon on my One X this very second. Five minutes ago he turned and said "So why didn't they make this into a battle royale? It already has all the elements."

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its only an early access console exclusive

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

There must be some player limit on the GR engine. They had to be thinking about it when they did that "meh" pvp mode.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Real hurthling! posted:

I don't think the details have been discussed anywhere?

Anyway tell MS not me

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Maybe Ubisoft doesn't intend to release it until it's actually done, loving shocker.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The game preview indeed is exclusive

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

I do make a point of not seeing any marketing, anywhere, ever, so you are probably right about this.

PUBG on PC just got turned into 1.0 and it's massively improved re: smoothness/responsiveness/server quality/graphical quality over the last iteration of the live game (0.7 or something and no new map) as well as on the Test Servers (preview build of 0.9 + new map) from a week ago, so I expect the same level of improvement to happen to the Xbone version with the only limitation being that the Ghetto Bone will look like you have a poo poo-tier video card and the Xbonx version will look like you have a 1070 or 1080.

As for why there's no GR Wildlands Battle Royale it's because Ubi can't figure out how to make a game that isn't Far Creed Garbage Collection and High Point Jumping Off Simulators.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

OK I tried it out of morbid curiousity and it's even worse than I could imagine. Not just the graphics/frame rate/lag, I could not even figure out how to equip a gun. The UI is awful. Then I walked for eternity and got shot by the first guy I saw.

Not sure I even want to try a second game.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
lol

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
lol at u for not immediately understanding the nuance of this alpha quality game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hey nuts and gum did you see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8kp3b5h2DY

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling! posted:

Real hurthling! posted:

The game preview indeed is exclusive

Say what you really mean.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've kind of been wondering this myself. From all the stuff I've seen of PUBG I'm kind of surprised no one has taken a game with better bones and just made a superior version. I guess there is fortnite but that game is hideous and doesn't have the cool tactical control scheme of something like GR.

Edit: Nm Sounds like that's actually going to be a thing. Next year is probably going to be the year of Battle royale mode getting added to every open world game until everyone is sick of it.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Dec 22, 2017

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yea Pubg just happened. Wait til next year and everyone will be just as tried of it as Dark Souls.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm not tired of Dark Souls :(

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Most people really aren't because dark souls is a very good game series.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I mean maybe I'm a little sick of actual Dark Souls after 3 but I'd be all over Bloodborne 2 or anything else From makes in the same style.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tbh I'd be all over dark souls 4 but I'm glad that they are working on something else.

The worst crime dark souls ever committed was that it was so good that people expected it to totally reinvent itself instead of just becoming a normal line of sequels with marginal improvements.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Tired of Dark souls as in everybody copying it and fawning all over everything to do with it.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

RBX posted:

Tired of Dark souls as in everybody copying it and fawning all over everything to do with it.

Yeah pretty much this. I'm not tired of DS/BB games at all, I'm tired of the "soulslike" and bad clones.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh yeah, agreed 100%.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There aren't even that many though, like LotF, The Surge and Nioh are all I can think of (plus a couple that aren't out yet) and two out of those three are good.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

By "soulslike" I meant not straight games copying the gameplay mechanics but the actual term usage. People call a game soulslike because it's "hard" or has world exploration. Dead Cells is an example but to me it looks more like a Metroidvania.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh yeah people comparing any hard game to Souls is dumb as gently caress

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Lord's of the fallen is the only bad souls like. The surge has decent ideas, and nioh is an interesting take on the souls formula.

Oh right, we're supposedly getting anime souls in code vein.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

veni veni veni posted:

I've kind of been wondering this myself. From all the stuff I've seen of PUBG I'm kind of surprised no one has taken a game with better bones and just made a superior version. I guess there is fortnite but that game is hideous and doesn't have the cool tactical control scheme of something like GR.

Edit: Nm Sounds like that's actually going to be a thing. Next year is probably going to be the year of Battle royale mode getting added to every open world game until everyone is sick of it.

Source? I can't find anything but people talking about it like us. It's on deep sale right now...

For the record I still haven't played a second game of PUBG. :P

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I mistook a report on a new PVP mode+speculation as confirmation, it is not a thing, at least that has been announced.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

The surge would have been great if the levels weren’t all the same industry grey corridors. It got boring very fast.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I couldn't get into the concept. Like, exosuit melee doesn't do it for me from some reason.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Give The Division a battle royal mode and now we are talking.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Here's a super long gameplay video for Sea of Thieves. Can you even play this game if you don't have four xbox-having friends who want to play pirate all day (i.e. no one?):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fn2PIVRkls

I could only make it five minutes in before getting bored.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Trip report: AC:O still owns. I have a chocobo camel and the Ultima Sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Is that a switch game? I asked for a switch for xmas because I own everything else already, send help