Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

You're awesome.

I like the guy with the 2x VSS, that's a level of :frogdowns: this game is full of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

that artstyle felt super familiar before I even got to the words. like all the crazy eyes, its how I feel playing

Pubg makes my eyes vibrate and my heart palpitate... Its simply not good for your health.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Any time i’m in a game with less than 5 people remaining I can no longer hear anything through the insanely loud sound of my heart beating

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
God drat I haven't played the game more than a few times for a couple months now and all of my firefight skills went completely in the toilet.

I've regressed to the "immediately panic when shot at" stage

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Ran into two aimbot users in a duo... who we beat :confused: It was very suspicious at first the way they were shooting at walls and thanks to replay it's totally clear they were locking on but it didn't compensate for third person, AR inaccuracy or recoil.

I guess I'll take incompetent cheaters :confuoot:

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I did a squad with two friends and we dropped on those three islands way east in Miramar. After looting, a buddy picked me up on a jetski and dropped me across the water onto the actual map so I could find a car and drive into the circle by myself and meet up with them. I ended up taking out a whole squad 1 on 4 as I heard them driving a truck at me. Dropped a passenger, ran into a house, dropped a guy on the stairs, jumped out the window and dropped the third, and then ran back in the house to kill the 4th. Was one of the greatest feelings.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
My only real bug so far is I got a 3 kill chicken dinner in a duo game and the game ate my winnings. :negative:

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I got this game a few months ago and have played 31 hours. I'm still awful. I only play in 3-4 man groups. I'm sure during more than half of the nights I've played, I never hit a person with a gun. I can't see where people are when they kill me. They'll get the drop on me/us. When I hear a guy with a Kar or something firing at a distance, I hear two noises, the shot and the dirt impact. I look both directions and have no idea which is which despite the massive distance between the points of origin.

I don't survive long enough to get good at the gunplay and it's hard to want to keep playing to get better since most of the time it's just not fun. Tips are welcome.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Spam solo games

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

KingKapalone posted:

I got this game a few months ago and have played 31 hours. I'm still awful. I only play in 3-4 man groups. I'm sure during more than half of the nights I've played, I never hit a person with a gun. I can't see where people are when they kill me. They'll get the drop on me/us. When I hear a guy with a Kar or something firing at a distance, I hear two noises, the shot and the dirt impact. I look both directions and have no idea which is which despite the massive distance between the points of origin.

I don't survive long enough to get good at the gunplay and it's hard to want to keep playing to get better since most of the time it's just not fun. Tips are welcome.

If you’re bad at pubg but good at FPS in general then you just need to play more while learning from your mistakes.

If you’re just bad at FPS then pubg is probably one of the worst games to learn because there’s no way to practice outside of a live game. Plus you have to wait a few minutes before actually getting the chance to shoot at someone again after each death.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

KingKapalone posted:

Do you use headphones? Have you played shooters before?

Play solo, drop hot, and learn to loot fast. Once you learn to loot fast, you can practice killing people. You will die a bunch. But, you might just not be great at shooters and that's gonna take a long time to get good at.

Maybe try watching really good people stream as well?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Play solo, drop hot, and learn to loot fast. Once you learn to loot fast, you can practice killing people. You will die a bunch. But, you might just not be great at shooters and that's gonna take a long time to get good at.

Also aside from this, 30 hours of play is absolutely nothing and unfortunately the only way to get good at pubg or any other shooter is the same way you famously get to carnegie hall

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

KingKapalone posted:

Drop in a city and get a gun and start hunting the gunshots you hear

Try not to spend a lot of time looting, just get a gun and armor and fight others

You will find all the good loot from the people you kill

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Yeah I use headphones. I've played a fair amount of each Battlefield and Overwatch. I think hitting people was much easier in Battlefield and not always needed in Overwatch. Haven't played CS since before CS Source. Haven't played COD since MW3?? and that was on Xbox.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

KingKapalone posted:

Yeah I use headphones. I've played a fair amount of each Battlefield and Overwatch. I think hitting people was much easier in Battlefield and not always needed in Overwatch. Haven't played CS since before CS Source. Haven't played COD since MW3?? and that was on Xbox.

If the main thing you want to get better at is learning gunshot directions don't drop somewhere hot like school. There will just be shots everywhere and most won't be at you. Wait a circle or two and go right for the middle, grab some cover, and make your presence known.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Typical posted:

Hey Goons, I know you guys are having fun discussing chicken dinners. But I wanted to show you all some dumb fan art my and my friend made for the game.

Backstory, my friend and I work on Rick and Morty and have this youtube channel where we redraw viewer submitted artwork/teach people drawing techniques. I wanted to make this months theme PUBG. So if your interested in drawing cartoons or want to know how we make this sort of thing. Or just want some laughs, you should head on over to our youtube channel to watch us draw and hangout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oJSGxI8eTU

haha get the gently caress out of here no one wants to see your dumb nerd art

WAIT THIS IS REALLY loving COOL ACTUALLY

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Typical posted:

Hey Goons, I know you guys are having fun discussing chicken dinners. But I wanted to show you all some dumb fan art my and my friend made for the game.

Backstory, my friend and I work on Rick and Morty and have this youtube channel where we redraw viewer submitted artwork/teach people drawing techniques. I wanted to make this months theme PUBG. So if your interested in drawing cartoons or want to know how we make this sort of thing. Or just want some laughs, you should head on over to our youtube channel to watch us draw and hangout.

This is like the coolest thing in 500 pages in this thread. Thanks for posting these.

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?
+1 good contribution

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
i'm awful at this game, but i love this game solely from the moments where things go right and i catch a dude who is worse than me. also i figure my job is help better players win when they find my medkits and suppressor, aka the PUBG support class

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Continuing the series- this one isn't as exciting as the first one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHPpnMrptKs

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
they still couldn't make the menu remember my selection options for what gametype I want to play what the hell pubg

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

KingKapalone posted:

You get a killcam now which helps, since sometimes it's a good indicator of what exactly gave you away if you're getting zapped out of nowhere.

I've only played like ~15 games since buying this a couple of days ago, but I usually get into the top 25 with ease. I've made the top ten like 5 times as well.

Quick question, is the map chosen at random or is there a way to pick which one you want to play on?

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?
random

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Handsome Ralph posted:

You get a killcam now which helps, since sometimes it's a good indicator of what exactly gave you away if you're getting zapped out of nowhere.

I've only played like ~15 games since buying this a couple of days ago, but I usually get into the top 25 with ease. I've made the top ten like 5 times as well.

Quick question, is the map chosen at random or is there a way to pick which one you want to play on?

Right now its random, and seems to heavily favor the new map, they said in the future they'll add a way to pick the map but right now apparently certain servers dont have enough people to populate games if you separate them by map

edit: also on the new map it seems to be way easier to go the hide in the hills route, I've also had decent luck at finding m4's with 4x scopes in the smaller building groupings. Just made it to rank 3 without firing a shot until the very end. Lots of hills and little dips in the terrain the crawl around in

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Yep. In an interview PlayerUnknown talked about how the new map was going to have much more realistically modeled terrain which would be good for cover but also make it much more difficult to drive over. At first glance the new map seems way more dangerous due to the lack of trees to block the line of sight of any snipers up in mountains as you run across an open field but in reality the small hills and dips all over the place make it easy to duck away whenever things get hot.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Havent played in a long time, but mounting + killcam are a godsend for this game

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Herstory Begins Now posted:

haha get the gently caress out of here no one wants to see your dumb nerd art

WAIT THIS IS REALLY loving COOL ACTUALLY

ah jeeeze thanks guys.

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

This is like the coolest thing in 500 pages in this thread. Thanks for posting these.

Hey no prob. I come here to share becuase I just love goons so much,

Serious question though for you all. did you watch the video and what did you think? We're a very smol channel. trying to do the whole drawing/cartoon thing. and my friend and I are interested in seeing what people like and don't like. Our target is mostly 13-17 age group. with the idea being that your entertained and you get to learn something cool as well even if your not interested in being an animator.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
I will check out the video later, I have a desk at work but I think too much youtube would get me some frownie points.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Typical posted:

ah jeeeze thanks guys.

Serious question though for you all. did you watch the video and what did you think? We're a very smol channel. trying to do the whole drawing/cartoon thing. and my friend and I are interested in seeing what people like and don't like. Our target is mostly 13-17 age group. with the idea being that your entertained and you get to learn something cool as well even if your not interested in being an animator.

I just watched the video and I think you guys do a good job balancing putting on a funny show while still being relatively pedagogical about explaining your process. For your intended target age group, I think the costumes and skitty nature could work really well!

Good luck with your project, seems like a neat concept

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Typical posted:

If you drop that on the PUBG subreddit you'd probably hit 100,000 views, easily. Good content is scarce and popular there.

Also unless I'm mistaken the reason why Miramar pops up more often is fog/rain on Erangel is still disabled. So instead of having something like 8 maps to choose from with different weather patterns there's just 4 for Miramar and day/dusk for Erangel.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Have they talked at all about weather for miramar?

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Typical posted:

Humor seems pretty spot on for that age group.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I wouldn't be surprised if sandstorm Miramar is in the works.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

PunkBoy posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if sandstorm Miramar is in the works.

D-d-d-d-do.....d-d-d-d-do you think they'll reference anything sandstorm related?

Can't think of anything myself.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Welp. It looks like there's a bug with the demo replays that causes it to crash right before your chicken dinner. Very frustrated that I can't pull the money shot for my first 1.0 solo chicken dinner :mad:

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Typical posted:

ah jeeeze thanks guys.

It's good make more.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

Typical posted:

ah jeeeze thanks guys.

A little too campy for my tastes, but I did enjoy it.

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

Typical posted:

Any chance you could release this in a higher res version of this? I really want to make it my desktop background.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Typical posted:

This owns, and I enjoyed the video! Thank you for sharing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Communist Q posted:

Any chance you could release this in a higher res version of this? I really want to make it my desktop background.

Remove the "h" from the end of the filename and you'll get the full size release. It's only 1080p but it's better.

• Locked thread