Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

I was playing a round the other night where I was 1v1 on defense, and the dead tachanka player starts yelling at me to hop on the turret he laid down. So I do to shut him up, almost get peeked, unload the whole magazine into one doorway to make the guy flank around, hop off and ambush him when he tries to shoot the turret.

That's my only tachanka related success story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Speaking of castle. I had the weirdest poo poo happen to me. I’m defending the conference room on plane and this level 17 castle barricades us in. No one complains but when I create a murder hole above the staircase wall, castle TKs me and they vote me off.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
One of the problems I feel these days is the irrelevance of C4 to like half the operators. Outside of very lucky tosses they're pretty non-threatening these days thanks to the lower toss range and the fact that every shield op can now tank them.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Instant kill thrown explosives are no joke. They're not the terrifying scourge they used to be but they're still free kills and a convenient way to take out shield ops. Especially Montagne. You just have to chuck it behind them.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Non threatening... unless you are pulse.

Unrelated:

Been enjoying playing Mute and Thatcher again. Initially it was just so I could see the cool skin but when I realized mutes jammers can be used to block Dokkaebi calls I started placing them on our anchors to protect them in addition to blocking breach points.

Thatcher has become so rare that this tactic has worked pretty frequently. But also on that note because of Thatchers rarity it's often not expected that someone will clear out all the traps in a door and just sprint in there.

Gotta love how ops that were introduced at launch are still showing they can be just as good as the new kids on the block.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AdventurousEasyPonyBuddhaBar

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Last night had a ping abuser that I think had an honest to God lag switch. He would get to the objective and rubber band murder everything. The four rounds we played he like 17 kills. It was PRETTY GOOD.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Party Plane Jones posted:

One of the problems I feel these days is the irrelevance of C4 to like half the operators. Outside of very lucky tosses they're pretty non-threatening these days thanks to the lower toss range and the fact that every shield op can now tank them.
I'm pretty sure C4 has a longer toss range now that you can give it forward momentum. Might be less noticeable on like, Mira, but it's pretty significant on Pulse/Bandit.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

afkmacro posted:

Speaking of castle. I had the weirdest poo poo happen to me. I’m defending the conference room on plane and this level 17 castle barricades us in. No one complains but when I create a murder hole above the staircase wall, castle TKs me and they vote me off.

Dont interrupt a castle making a meatlocker defense.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

What's the easiest way to figure out where all the cameras are? Is there a way to run around a map solo?
Also do all cameras have the same model or does it wary between maps?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Gunder posted:

Castle can be very useful. Tachanka cannot.

them and doc may get tweaked this season. all 3 are quite fun as is but they could certainly use some of that kapkan treatment to make them more competitive above gold tier ranked games

tachanka is obviously the worst operator in the game but he is genuinely useful for scorched earth defense which works really well in casual

his turret can open up an entire corner of the map exposing walls/floors down to their support beams. it still takes at least a shotgun to make them breach points.

it is also a highly effective decoy. you can use it to cheese overzealous peekers into predictably exposing themselves.

you can use it to mask sounds. especially things like repositioning traps or boarding up windows and doors.

the turret is so loud and distracting. it is an effective bait beacon because people view him as a stationary free kill. you can roam with him setup the gun, tear down some walls and then abandon or move the gun and ambush anyone coming to investigate. also casual players will just flat out rush the obj if they think tachanka is fixated on shooting the opposite wall. overall he sucks at his intended role but makes for a pretty good harassment roamer even if that means deafening teammates.

Jack Trades posted:

What's the easiest way to figure out where all the cameras are? Is there a way to run around a map solo?

play iq and use her scanner.

ask experienced players to ping external camera locations. black eyes have a different model.

external ones are attached to white poles.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Jack Trades posted:

Custom game as a defender, custom game, same model. Valk cams are black orbs with a bright blue lens thing wherever it's looking, while I don't think standard cams show direction, just red/white glows for active/hacked active.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Fun fact about custom games. My friend just got the game, and I figured I'd jump into a custom match to teach him basics. NOPE! For some idiotic reason he had to be level 5 to join my custom match. :downs:

ACValiant
Sep 7, 2005

Huh...? Oh, this? Nah, don't worry. Just in the middle of some messy business.
Do folks still use the discord? I'd like to hop on with some goons later and show off my embarrassing map knowledge.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

there are usually 5-10 goons on every single night.

weekends you'll see even see 15 or more. most are open to fun and trying whatever strats/loadouts you wanna do

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Dunno if anyone here checks Reddit but Ubisoft hosed up on Twitter (could've been on purpose, who knows) and posted a picture of their mid-season reinforcement notes that mentioned changes to Doc, Castle and Valk. If that's the case, why the gently caress is Tachanka still untouched.

I'd bet Castle gets more barricades and Doc gets a reserve dart.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

the rumor i read was something like x4 20hp darts and one self revive on reserve

also castle could only be killed by explosives or sledge. i assume its all speculation though.

if they wanna buff tachanka just give him an attacker tier rifle over that (albeit good) smg

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Give Tachanka a tailgunner. Two guys with mounted machine guns is better than one!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Allow Tachanka merge together with Montange.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Thief posted:

the rumor i read was something like x4 20hp darts and one self revive on reserve

also castle could only be killed by explosives or sledge. i assume its all speculation though.

if they wanna buff tachanka just give him an attacker tier rifle over that (albeit good) smg

These rumors came from 4chan which, while usually full of poo poo, has been 100% accurate like the past 5 updates/operations.

e:

quote:

Castle now has 5 barricades that can be only destroyed by explosives or sledge

Mission Outbreak tease with new weapon skins, alpha packs, and uniforms

increased legendary drop rate in alpha packs reduced price of alpha packs overall

Operation Chimera Atk: heal shots fired from a distance supporting the attackers with temporary recoil buff and 40 hp

Dfd: can see incoming enemies with deploy able device that will highlight incoming attackers

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
If Castle actually gets that buff, him and Kapkan will make one hell of a combo.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Tumble posted:

If Castle actually gets that buff, him and Kapkan will make one hell of a combo.

Castle/Mute will be a great team. Only Sledge, Ash, and Zophia will be able to open doors

SMP
May 5, 2009

Castle / Mute is going to be game breaking

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

The nice thing about this game is that when things line up just right, even my inept rear end can manage some pretty decent plays. Pretty sure that was my first impact nade kill ever, too: https://streamable.com/0q7b8

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Castle/Mute will be a great team. Only Sledge, Ash, and Zophia will be able to open doors

they might let frags kill them again

also thermite/hibana/breach charges own and are why you should never put barbed wire by castle barricades

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

SMP posted:

Castle / Mute is going to be game breaking

Except thacther and twitch and anyone with a grenade can kill jammers blocking doors

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

SMP posted:

These rumors came from 4chan which, while usually full of poo poo, has been 100% accurate like the past 5 updates/operations.

e:

The reason why these leaks are generally accurate now is upcoming updates get tested through either UBI itself or VMC.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Rent-A-Cop posted:

They already are a great team! My point was that if Castle gets 5 panels he can put a ton of doorways and windows into play for Kapkan - blocking off 5 doorways or windows makes the rest of the routes more likely to be used, especially if people use Castle to block off interior stuff rather than exterior points.

It'll make traps a bit more effective all around, really.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Giving Castle more panels is a big nerf actually. Reducing the number to 0 would be a good buff though.

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers
Castle should be able to wear two of his panels like a walking billboard

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

Thief posted:

The kick on Tachanka's gadget is insane, 3 shots and your gun is aiming at the roof.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Wooper posted:

Giving Castle more panels is a big nerf actually. Reducing the number to 0 would be a good buff though.

it isn't actually quite zero. official lore leaks state that castle met up with echo and after winning an arm wrestling match against him the bet was to share technologies so the doors are actually now cloaked.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
wait if castle walls are unbreakable conventionally doesn't that mean specific dumb team comps could literally be walled off from the objective

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Gamerofthegame posted:

wait if castle walls are unbreakable conventionally doesn't that mean specific dumb team comps could literally be walled off from the objective

You can always pull them down if you're a defender but yeah it would change the way people play some maps (like Vault for hostage on Bank).

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Wooper posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLzi84nNi2M

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Gamerofthegame posted:

At the level where you see those dumb team comps, it doesn't really matter if they are completely blocked off from the objective or if they all pile into the same chokepoint to die.

It might even a positive effect in getting more people to think about their comp.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Dec 22, 2017

tjones
May 13, 2005
I play castle a lot on specific maps and holy gently caress 5 panels that can only be destroyed by gadgets or utility seems over powered as gently caress.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

But are the panels going to take two Sledge hits? THE TRADING CARD SAYS IT TAKES TWO, UBI

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Sledge's stamina bar is huge. He should have to whack it 4 or 5 times to break it down.

tjones
May 13, 2005
Is there any trick to not wasting Hibanna pellets from them bouncing off surfaces? I thought it was only at acute angles that it would happen, but I just had a game where twice a direct, straight on hit resulted in all the pellets being bounced off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

tjones posted:

Is there any trick to not wasting Hibanna pellets from them bouncing off surfaces? I thought it was only at acute angles that it would happen, but I just had a game where twice a direct, straight on hit resulted in all the pellets being bounced off.

At this point it has to be a bug. I haven't figured out a way to replicate it, and once they're gone, they're gone.

Hibana was apparently a very ambitious operator, given how problematic her gadget has been under the hood.

• Locked thread