Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

best post of 2017 coming in late this year

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Oh my god :laffo:

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Did Japanese wrestling exist before the Wrestle Kingdom 9 (2015)?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I think it was just fat men slapping each other very hard before that

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

St Evan Echoes posted:

I think it was just fat men slapping each other very hard before that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaTXzeBuQSg

I love Sasaki and I love Kobashi and I love this video

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Jerusalem posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaTXzeBuQSg

I love Sasaki and I love Kobashi and I love this video

One thing lost in translation is Takayama on commentary just gushing over this

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
♪ Hello Darkness, my old friend... ♪

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

"Those puppies... had a family..."

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTY I KILLED EM!! GAWD AS MY WITNESS I HAVE BROKE THEM IN HALF!!!

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

It's a shame you can't goldmine just a few posts from a thread.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

:discourse:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I don't even post in wrestlehut anymore but goddamn what an A+ post.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jesus loving Christ shut it down, we’ve peaked

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

how many moves are there. Holds, slams, strikes, and so on. i feel like it's more than the number of my posts, over 8,936. What number is the amount of moves? that there are.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Cavauro posted:

how many moves are there. Holds, slams, strikes, and so on. i feel like it's more than the number of my posts, over 8,936. What number is the amount of moves? that there are.

Not enough

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Cavauro posted:

Not as many as you’d think. It’s mostly just armbars.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.

ecavalli posted:

Not as many as you’d think. It’s mostly just armbars.

Pro reference.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Cavauro posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional_wrestling_moves

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Cavauro posted:

DDT
pilEDRIVER
the Last Ride

What others?

Edit we can't trust wiki, let's do it ourselves

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

What move does the most damage. Which Move Has the highest average damage between storyline and real life combined together. in other words what move does the most highest average damage between storyline and real life combined together?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Cavauro posted:

What move does the most damage. Which Move Has the highest average damage between storyline and real life combined together. in other words what move does the most highest average damage between storyline and real life combined together?

Crippler crossface

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
Seven Year itch

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cavauro posted:

the worm

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

DDT
pilEDRIVER
the Last Ride

What others?

Edit we can't trust wiki, let's do it ourselves

We tried to have our own wiki years ago, but outsiders to the forum ruined it.

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

Cavauro posted:

Diamond Head
Ganso Bomb

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Cavauro posted:

Lax Gun Control Laws

If someone hasn't taken that for the name of their finisher, it's mine now

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The most devastating move is brock lesnar's Shoot Elbow finisher.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Cavauro posted:

This has been settled definitively, it's the Heart Punch.

Defiance Industries posted:

Lax Gun Control Laws

If someone hasn't taken that for the name of their finisher, it's mine now
I know at least a couple guys have named their finisher after a painkiller, which in point of fact has killed way more wrestlers than any move

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

it broke a whole ppv so yeah

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

A proper shoot F5 would not only kill both wrestlers involved, it would cause enough seismic activity to destroy most life on the Earth.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Feels Villeneuve posted:

so strong it pinned bray wyatt 3 times

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
hey heres a quick one: did people at the time like the "dx army invades wcw" skits? that was like right before i started watching.

because

they suck out loud. like, the one where they go to cnn, and the mall cops they have doing security tell dx they can't film in there. so triple h is like "oh cool no prob alright we'll get out of your hair uhhh, tell ted dx said hi! guhhh its for a thing anyway sorry again."

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

shiksa posted:

hey heres a quick one: did people at the time like the "dx army invades wcw" skits? that was like right before i started watching.

because

they suck out loud. like, the one where they go to cnn, and the mall cops they have doing security tell dx they can't film in there. so triple h is like "oh cool no prob alright we'll get out of your hair uhhh, tell ted dx said hi! guhhh its for a thing anyway sorry again."

It went over pretty well from what I remember but DX were so insanely popular it could have been about them searching for good lemonade mix and it would have done okay.

Meltzer called it stupid right off the hop, though

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
DX is painfully lame to watch these days

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The segment itself was awful, but it was incredibly effective as a word-of-mouth thing because all any schoolyard wrestling fans heard was DX INVADED NITRO OH MY GOD IT WAS CRAZY and in the pre-youtube age there was no way to actually watch it outside of the WWE's dramatized recaps so there was no way to see how lame it was in reality.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

shiksa posted:

because

People loved it. That's not even the worst one either!

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

MassRafTer posted:

People loved it. That's not even the worst one either!

This is Triple H.... I'm in the COCKpit... and I've, ah... got my hands on my joystick!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

There's a reason WWE television plays a grand total of three DX skits ever.

Shawn reads the censor letter
The Nation parody
DX Tank does nothing at WCW