Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

Poil posted:

Maybe the next game take place 18 years in the future as one of his kids?

Nah, I haven't heard anything about a Commander Keen reboot yet. Though him learning from Grandpa Set would explain a lot of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I think max sacrifices himself for bj so blaskowics can keep on truckin.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Maybe they can find/build him a mecha body. Then he can duel against mecha hitler.

Stago Lego
Sep 3, 2011
My guess is Engels body or possibly Rosa.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

BJ's head on the pig's body

they foreshadowed it so hard with "Piggy will not be food today"

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Donkringel posted:

I think max sacrifices himself for bj so blaskowics can keep on truckin.

BJ goes full Krang, and works with Max.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Really Pants posted:

BJ's head on the pig's body

they foreshadowed it so hard with "Piggy will not be food today"

Can we put Engel's head on the pigs body instead. Or the other way around.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Rectus posted:

Can we put Engel's head on the pigs body instead. Or the other way around.

Ye gods, what the gently caress do you have against pigs, man?!

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

I can't tell you how super thrilled I am to have figured out how to efficiently outline text in GIMP after like two years of using it for all these images I post. It wasn't that I couldn't figure it out, it was that I didn't realize I didn't need a plugin and the ones I had tried using in the past didn't want to work with me.

Anyways, short episode this time, we're back to long ones after this because the game throws things at you fast and furious at all times which makes finding natural spots for breaks difficult. I think that is part of the reason people complained that this wasn't a long game (I put in 20 hours on my first play through and did all of the side content), you are sort of hurtled through the experience and so you keep going and keep going. I don't think that is a bad thing at all, especially considering people constantly complain single player games are disappearing and that a lot of the games that are single player tend to be open world titles instead of tightly scripted affairs like Wolfenstein. I think the people who were somehow expecting 50 hours of play time out of this game didn't play TNO, which was about the same length. I actually beat TNO twice in one weekend, then played it twice for the Let's Play. I have as many hours in TNO as I do in TNC right now. I've beaten TNC once and my second playthrough is what you are seeing here. Based on that alone you would think that TNC has TNO beat on game time, but the fact is that I spent a stupid amount of time re-treading areas I had cleared trying to find collectibles, so it isn't quite fair, but still, four full playthroughs vs. one and change.

I love the weird single wraparound wheel motorcycles, by the by. I think they are based on a Nazi design concept that never went to any sort of real production, but we're living in a world with Uber-Concrete and moon bases and massive bridges getting torn apart by levitating balls with spikes in them so why not weird motorcycle things?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The next part is one of my favorite parts in the game.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Holy poo poo, BJ actually let a Nazi live? Albeit temporarily?" He really is going soft!

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Dec 22, 2017

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
He didn't Let a Nazi live, he got to nuke one more Nazi. For New York.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
And this is what raises Wolfenstein above all the other shooters out there.

The story. And BJ being BJ.

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.

Night10194 posted:

The next part is one of my favorite parts in the game.

Glad to hear that, cause I don't even know what happens and I'm really looking forward to the next episode in particular.

Also, I wish more modern shooters would go back to classic health counters just so they could also have you heal small amounts by chowing down on food.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

berryjon posted:

And this is what raises Wolfenstein above all the other shooters out there.

The story. And BJ being BJ.

I bought the first game because I was like 'Man slide-tackling nazis while firing two automatic shotguns looks rad' and I instead stuck around for 'slide tackling nazis while firing two automatic shotguns while playing as a bunch of believable, if crazy, people stuck in a lovely situation is even better'

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
You had tomahawks, you just hurled it into the wall, there's a Tink shortly before the alarm gets raised.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

Lazyfire posted:

I love the weird single wraparound wheel motorcycles, by the by. I think they are based on a Nazi design concept that never went to any sort of real production, but we're living in a world with Uber-Concrete and moon bases and massive bridges getting torn apart by levitating balls with spikes in them so why not weird motorcycle things?

Those things does exist in the real world, they're called Monowheels and they're pretty neat since the concept for them has been around for AGES.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Can't imagine them being very effective. That wheel looks incredibly easy to damage.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Dude, most of that thing is the wheel. That's some pretty obvious structural flaw right there.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
It looks like a lot of the Nazis escaped on rockets, did he manage to nuke enough of them? :ohdear:

Also uh is the escape plan actually to send them all to goddamn Venus??

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011

GunnerJ posted:

It looks like a lot of the Nazis escaped on rockets, did he manage to nuke enough of them? :ohdear:

Also uh is the escape plan actually to send them all to goddamn Venus??

Chances are, yes.
The moment I heard the nazis had a base on Venus, I just knew BJ is gonna take the fight there at some point. There's no way he's not.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I thought the entire base was going to launch into outer space and BJ would blow them up as they entered orbit.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
That weird motorcycle is awesome, but can you imagine trying to change a flat?

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
oh my god its the general grievous hamster wheel

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

shhhh everyone remember these are Nazis practicality and reliability have no place in the Reich.

See; weird curved barrels for the StG44
See; final drive for the Panther tank
See: Ferdinand assault gun

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

And that's just poo poo they actually built and deployed. Let's not forget the "Land Cruiser" design: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreuzer_P._1000_Ratte

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

GunnerJ posted:

And that's just poo poo they actually built and deployed. Let's not forget the "Land Cruiser" design: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreuzer_P._1000_Ratte

how has this not been a Wolfenstein End Boss yet

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Hell, go a step farther and make the "Land Battleship" descendants of that the final level.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

MA-Horus posted:

shhhh everyone remember these are Nazis practicality and reliability have no place in the Reich.

See; weird curved barrels for the StG44
See; final drive for the Panther tank
See: Ferdinand assault gun

Nazis: GERMANIC EFFICIENCY!

Also nazis: hey lets leave our industry on peacetime footing until angry russians are kicking our poo poo in

Also Also Nazis: hey instead of fighters that we know work lets make an experimental jet instead *jet gets shot down by regular rear end prop fighters*

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Also Nazis: let's use slave labor to refine our resources and produce our war material, I'm sure this won't be a problem.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Cythereal posted:

Also Nazis: let's use slave labor to refine our resources and produce our war material, I'm sure this won't be a problem.

Worked for the Russians. Gulags being what they were.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Slave labor is actually very productive, this seems to be a common point of confusion.

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

dammit eyes don't work that way!

Fun Shoe
Yeah, that statement needs a bit of an addendum. Thusly!

Also Also Also Also Nazis: Hey you know those slaves we're using for all of our production? I think we should kill them, and when we're not killing them make sure that they can't work effectively through malnutrition and shoving them at jobs they aren't skilled at.

Also Also etc. Nazis: Hey, that sounds like a good idea!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Nazis: known for having lots of good ideas. :downs:

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Why did they all run? They didnt know Bj had a nuke... or doea Terror Billy warrant an evac to Venus?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Donkringel posted:

Why did they all run? They didnt know Bj had a nuke... or doea Terror Billy warrant an evac to Venus?

"BJ has decided to kill you." is one of few situations where "I would not like to be on the same planet anymore." is a perfectly reasonable response.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Night10194 posted:

"BJ has decided to kill you." is one of few situations where "I would not like to be on the same planet anymore." is a perfectly reasonable response.

Its "I would not like to be in any bodies in orbit or on the same planet anymore"

Wolfenstein 3 will take us to the Andromeda Galaxy

4 into beyond known space

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Nazi-controlled Vorticons? :stare:

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

A couple observations:

The monowheel motorcycle would not only be impractical for being mostly wheel, it would also obstruct the forward view of the driver, which might be important to have. It does look cool, I'll grant.

Donkringel posted:

Why did they all run? They didnt know Bj had a nuke... or does Terror Billy warrant an evac to Venus?

The Nazis may not have known that BJ had a nuke, but they certainly did know that the base was powered by a nuclear reactor, and that it had been compromised. Evacuating ASAP by any means available would be the sensible thing to do, even if it's a rocket ship to Venus.

I haven't commented yet, but I watched your TNO playthrough and am enjoying this one so far. Keep up the good work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Agean90 posted:

Also Also Nazis: hey instead of fighters that we know work lets make an experimental jet instead *jet gets shot down by regular rear end prop fighters*

To be fair the reason they were being shot down so easily was because the Allies had such incredible air superiority they could just shoot them down on takeoff and landing, which would have been just as problematic for regular prop planes.

The me 262 was a fantastic design, Hitler just unnecessarily delayed production trying to turn it into some sort of ground attack craft when it was better off as an interceptor.

I grew up near the Dayton Air Force Museum and they have an me-262. Childhood me spent quite a lot of time oogling that jet.

• Locked thread